THE BROWNS BOARD

Seneca Wallace

Westside Steve

I'm reposting.............

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see DA restructure his contract to stay here. Cutting him is one thing but then you would have to keep Quinn.

Let me put on my GM hat for a second. I have DA who is due money that he just doesn't deserve. I have shown that I am fair by giving Cribbs a new deal although he has 3 years left. Now I can approach DA with a lower contract and job security. If he takes it, Quinn can be dealt for a 4th or 5th rounder or packaged with another player in a deal. Afterall, DA has almost no value in the trade market. Still, I want a legit backup on this team with knowledge of this complex offense, I gotta keep one of them. If DA doesn't take the new deal, I cut him and try and trade Quinn for a vet like Pennington as he knows this offense. If he does take the deal, I package Quinn and try and get another vet in here.

Either way I see it, I don't want Quinn on my roster unless he's starting as he is a MAJOR distraction when in the bench. And I don't feel comfortable making him the starter because he is just as bad as DA. I have to trade him. DA can only stay if he takes less money.

PS. Although Seneca isn't Drew Brees or D. McNabb, he is better than either of our guys right now and if I were coach, out of the 3 he is the most worth-while project to get behind as a starter.

mopaji,

DA has already said he won't restructure and I believe that the Browns announcing that is a subtle PR move to deflect the blame in the relationship not working out (in other words, "Look world...we tried but he won't take less").

All Seneca Wallace has to do is not have the worst passer rating in history and he'll already be an upgrade in whatever minutes he gets.

Either way I see it, I don't want Quinn on my roster unless he's starting as he is a MAJOR distraction when in the bench. And I don't feel comfortable making him the starter because he is just as bad as DA. I have to trade him. DA can only stay if he takes less money.

I never heard he's a major distraction on the bench...please elaborate.

I'm not a huge Quinn fan, but he's better than Pennington at this point, IMHO.

mopaji,

DA has already said he won't restructure and I believe that the Browns announcing that is a subtle PR move to deflect the blame in the relationship not working out (in other words, "Look world...we tried but he won't take less").

All Seneca Wallace has to do is not have the worst passer rating in history and he'll already be an upgrade in whatever minutes he gets.

Wow, he's really pushing it. Maybe he wans to be cut?

Quinn himself isn't a distraction. He has been nothing but classy through it all. It's the 100 questions a week about him that coaches and players have to answer that are a pain in the arse. Granted, if Mary Kay would get fired that number would probably drop to about 3 a week.

And with Pennington, he is still better than Quinn at this point. But even if he weren't, if you lose Quinn or DA, he would be the only other QB that knows this offense. And from everything I've heard, its complicated to learn.

I think he's probably referring to the distraction caused because all the fans kept shouting for Quinn to start.

Mopaji- got it. Yeah, the media always want to create a stir, hopefully Holmgren can ease that up.

The QB situation will be interesting for sure. I'd keep Quinn, & see if he can adapt to the new offense. I'd really like to focus more on defense (I've been saying that for two years now) in the draft.

I think we can play a bit of ball control on offense, hopefully with a solid ground game & a dink & dunk passing attack. We don't seem to have any separation from DBs with our WRs, but if we run the ball well, things may open up in the passing game.

I can't wait for the draft...I finally am gaining confidence in our front office.

Archived