THE BROWNS BOARD

Palin and Socialized Health Care

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin -- who has gone to great lengths to hype the supposed dangers of a big government takeover of American health care -- admitted over the weekend that she used to get her treatment in Canada's single-payer system.

"We used to hustle over the border for health care we received in Canada," Palin said in her first Canadian appearance since stepping down as governor of Alaska. "And I think now, isn't that ironic?"

The irony, one guesses, is that Palin now views Canada's health care system as revolting: with its government-run administration and 'death-panel'-like rationing. Clearly, however, she and her family once found it more alluring than, at the very least, the coverage available in rural Alaska. Up to the age of six, Palin lived in a remote town near the closest Canadian city, Whitehorse.

Officials at several hospitals in that area declined to give out information on patient visits.

Her family enjoyed free health care over there...

no big deal. I would too.

But, if I were elderly now, and needed an expensive operation,

I'd perhaps die before I could get it.

That's the difference. Sniffles/inexpensive care vs expensive procedures that

a gov system cannot afford, and can't handle the needed time frame because of

a lack of money.

that's what Canadians have said. yeah, it's cool if you have a sinus infection.

but if you need an expensive live saving operation, you sure the heyl hope you can

get to the States.....

IOW's no big story here.

Archived