THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns to install West Coast System-Seneca to run it

Kingphisher

www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2010/03/seneca_wallace_has_the_tools_a.html

If this article is to be trusted, Wallace becomes our starter this year as he is well versed in this system. Word has it that Daboll is being tutored on the West Coast offense through Gil Haskell (dictated by Holmgren). DA will be gone and the jury is out on Quinn. Quinn can't learn the system enough to operate it effectively this year. He has the attributes to be a West coast guy in the future because he is mobile and makes short throws (that's all he had last year). If Holmgren doesn't see enough of him on film then he could be moved. I would say it is a 50/50 chance that he keeps BQ to groom him for this offense vs. drafting a young guy to groom. Either way it appears that Seneca is primed to be our guy. I like it personally. He has 7 years experience in 1 system so he brings instant credibility.

It's nice to see our FO and coaching staff lay out a plan for a change instead of flipping a coin or swapping QB's every week.

I have no clue how Wallace is going to pan out for us but, if this article is true to its word, it's nice to see us take an initiative for once.

I still have no doubt we will be picking a QB in the draft this year though.

Let's not het aheaad of ourselves. First off, it's Grossi. He spent all of last year citing reasons why Jamal would be cut before the regular season the firing of Mangini was a guarantee. The biggest reason was because Mangini wasn't a West Coast Offense or 4-3 coach. Second, he came to this conclusion based on the fact that Holmgren's senior advisor spends a lot of time talking to the coaching staff. Really Grossi? Next you'll expect me to believe that everyone that works for the Browns has phone numbers of other people who work for the Browns. Nice try.

And lets not forget, there is no such thing as a WCO. Every team from the coach up to the president talks about the football team among eachother. How does this imply that we will be instituting an obsolete offensive scheme? Grossi is still reaching to get one thing correct about this team. If we throw one short slant pattern or come out with 3 wide, he will write something about the WCO being in full effect in Cleveland. Grossi, homey, Holmgren himself said the damn WCO no longer exists "No offense to you all but, it's a lazy term used by well, you guys. It has taken on many forms over the years, blah, blah, blah".

Give it up. I know it gets people to read the article but come on, how about some integrity and responsibilty as a journalist super fan boy.

I wouldn't read to much into this.

First we don't have the pieces in place to run that type of offense, accurate passer, and WR's that "can" catch.

I think we need a couple years of drafts and free agency to get the pieces in place for this to come true.

So I don't think in Sept. we are going to be seeing this pass happy WCO on the field, and I doubt that Gill and Brian are burning the midnight oil trying to get a new offensive scheme in place.

I don't care what offense they run as long as I see more "WINS"! But does anyone truly believe a WC system is a good thing to be running along the shores of lake Erie in December? I don't, but wins will sway my opinion.

OK. Now i'm in favor of going after Vick. If you put Vick, Wallace and Cribbs on the field together, the D won't know which way is which. Could be fun to watch if you have a creative person to run the scheme.

Yea then let's draft Tebow and grab another fast QB then we can have 5 WR in the backfield. Then we put down the controller and realize it Madden. Gay.

I don't care what offense they run as long as I see more "WINS"! But does anyone truly believe a WC system is a good thing to be running along the shores of lake Erie in December? I don't, but wins will sway my opinion.
if Paul Brown thought it could work here, that's good enough for me.

the pass can set up the run for all but the windiest of days at home. plus, we play half our December games on the road so there's possibility there too.

personally i would LOVE for Brown's offensive ideas to return home to CLE--i'm all in.

adapt it, install it, perfect it, make it ours!

I'd love to see a good West Coast offense installed for Cleveland. I think it's one of the better offensive styles, honestly. Pass/run options for the QB, more use of the tight end, quick dumpoffs to the RB for 8 yard gains, fullback catching passes, good screens, rollouts, and if they install a system like they use in Minnesota (which is a very similiar system to what Holmgren uses), we'd be in high cotton with the right personnel in place. In regards to the weather: Don't forget Green Bay ran the WC offense with Favre in the 90's with a pretty solid amount of success.

I know exactly nothing about Seneca Wallace. Never seen the guy play.

OK. Now i'm in favor of going after Vick. If you put Vick, Wallace and Cribbs on the field together, the D won't know which way is which. Could be fun to watch if you have a creative person to run the scheme.

3 Ring Circus. Why not try playing FOOTBALL ? LOL...

www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2010/03/seneca_wallace_has_the_tools_a.html

I like it personally. He has 7 years experience in 1 system so he brings instant credibility.

Dude you had me digging on the post and then you make me laugh with comething like this at the end of it. Do you really want Sorgi to be a starter here? He has had some years experience in Indy, but I don't think if we had signed him instead of the Gmen, that we would have instant credibility at the quarterback position.

I was thinking about this the other day. You can make some sweet combos even if you use Quinn instead of Vick. Think about it

Wallace

Cribbs

Quinn

Harrison

Momass

Robiskie

Davis

Vickers

Evan Moore (I think this kid is gonna be good)

Those are some young weapons. If they build on last year, and live up to potential + a couple of draft picks. We can really be a good offense in a year or two. We will have to see how Dabol progresses/learns the "Walrus Coast" offense. He seemed like he was getting the hang of you know calling the plays and what not. Lets not forget that DA is gone. Things seem to really make sense this year. You get the feeling that Holmgren knows what he is doing, and that the rest of the organization is totally in sync like a well oiled machine. Its so hard not to get excited in the offseason. Spring is in the air. Snow is all melting. and I am like a kite and loving life.

Archived