THE BROWNS BOARD

DA has been cut!!!!

PlaygroundLegend

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Queen= no heart, as proven when he took a dive against Ray Lewis and the Ravens last year. I don't see how anyone can see that play and still think Queen has what it takes.

quinn is a quiff and a queen.

nfl live just had both tory holt and merrill hodge say how anderson will do fine somewhere else and probably regain his 07 status. they basically said dropped passes and poor pass protection led to his benching. we better be drafting a qb now, cuz all we've got left is a fidget and a midget.

This is by far better than any signing we made or could have made! There should be a parade across the state of Ohio in celebration of this glorious event! Ding Dong Dereks Gone!

I will say it's probably less distracting doing the quarterback shuffle ala Holcomb/Couch for everyone involved. I'm really glad they made this decision as DA doesn't have as much upside as Quinn.

Quinn, in his defense, has never had an opportunity to play for an entire season. I'm thinking with the Seneca Wallace move, he's probably going to get the nod to start over BQ unless BQ impresses during camp/pre-season with his ability to grasp the offense. Wallace is familiar with Holmgren and his system/style so that is pretty logical. Also Holmgren has said that whoever goes into the season starting, starts the entire year regardless of what happens (barring injury of course) so that will provide some much needed continuity and an opportunity for a guy to learn and make mistakes and adjustments.

Impressive moves by Holmgren so far. I'm looking forward to seeing what the draft has in store for us.

Don't forget, we still have Brett Ratliff.

Cleveland Browns release Derek Anderson

By Tony Grossi

March 09, 2010, 2:47PM

Tracy Boulian/Plain DealerDerek Anderson had an up-and-down career for the Browns. Updated at 2:45 p.m.

CLEVELAND --The long-expected end for Derek Anderson came this afternoon when the Browns announced they released the one-time Pro Bowl quarterback.

In a statement, coach Eric Mangini said, "I want to thank Derek for everything that he gave to the Cleveland Browns organization over the last five years. He did everything we asked of him and it was a pleasure to coach such a competitive person. I want to wish him all the best in the future."

The release came less than 24 hours after the Browns traded for Seattle backup quarterback Seneca Wallace.

Anderson was due a $2 million roster bonus on March 19 and was scheduled to earn a base salary of $7.45 million in 2010, the last of a three-year contract he signed after his Pro Bowl-alternate season of 2007.

Look for Anderson to find a team rather quickly now that no team has to inherit that contract.

I still have a strong feeling Quinn will be dealt. Wallace can start for this team and it would be very easy to sign a backup and draft a guy in the 4th or 5th round to sit and chill for a few years.

Wallace was NOT brought in here to be the starter. He is one of Holmgren's boys, and he was brought in for insurance and backup.

But it still wouldn't surprise me if they drafted a QB with a late round pick.

These Quinn haters just don't stop.

i don't hate quinn, i just wish he could throw the ball a little better. by the time he was doing whatever he was doing to win over all the clevelanders with his h.s. career i was out of ohio, so i don't have the same attachment to him as many of the people on the forum do. i think the guy is smart and has mobility but he needs to bring his accuracy and his ability to throw the deep ball up a notch or two. in my eyes he's just an average qb.

if he was on another team and didn't have this ohio allegiance or the notre dame thing, people wouldn't think twice about him.

quinn is a quiff and a queen.

nfl live just had both tory holt and merrill hodge say how anderson will do fine somewhere else and probably regain his 07 status. they basically said dropped passes and poor pass protection led to his benching. we better be drafting a qb now, cuz all we've got left is a fidget and a midget.

Nfl live just lost major credibility with that comment. So now the WRs throw interceptions! :rolleyes: Well unless they meant the 2nd half of 07.

i don't hate quinn, i just wish he could throw the ball a little better. by the time he was doing whatever he was doing to win over all the clevelanders with his h.s. career i was out of ohio, so i don't have the same attachment to him as many of the people on the forum do. i think the guy is smart and has mobility but he needs to bring his accuracy and his ability to throw the deep ball up a notch or two. in my eyes he's just an average qb.

if he was on another team and didn't have this ohio allegiance or the notre dame thing, people wouldn't think twice about him.

I hate Quinn!!... :)

Yes DA will no longer be the whipping boy for the Cleveland fan base...He will end up in Arizona playing for a team that will no doubt give him better options on the offensive side of the ball. Weapons, Weapons, and more Weapons...

Fitz, Breston, good backs and a great O-Line....I think he'll have no problem getting the starting gig out there, and will get a real chance to be successful with an abundence of talent on his team...

Great Weather TOO....NICE!!!!! <_<

I am certainly not going to miss his 42 passer rating or his 4.9 yards per pass attempt.

Not saying he's a bad guy. He might be an awesome person but the league has figured him out and besides 2007, he's never had a rating over 70.

We don't need two guys of his caliber on the roster and I don't think this means #10 is safe either.

Yes DA will no longer be the whipping boy for the Cleveland fan base...He will end up in Arizona playing for a team that will no doubt give him better options on the offensive side of the ball. Weapons, Weapons, and more Weapons...

Fitz, Breston, good backs and a great O-Line....I think he'll have no problem getting the starting gig out there, and will get a real chance to be successful with an abundence of talent on his team...

You're forgetting the part about actually throwing a short pass that anyone can catch.

I am pleased. I was LIVID when Savage signed DA when he filed for Free Agency after 2007 as his value then was at a peak. We would have gotten a 1st & 3rd pick, but NOOOOOO Howdy Doody/Opie just had to sign him!

Now, that nightmare is over & we can start fresh at the QB position. We just have to wait & see what happens, but I am another who thinks the acquisition of another QB is not yet final.........We'll see.

Mike

Now, that nightmare is over & we can start fresh at the QB position. We just have to wait & see what happens, but I am another who thinks the acquisition of another QB is not yet final.........We'll see.

Mike

start fresh with who? our 2 options at this point are a midget and a fidget. please draft a qb, please!

Nfl live just lost major credibility with that comment. So now the WRs throw interceptions! :rolleyes: Well unless they meant the 2nd half of 07.

No doubt. DA was good in '07, but let's not deify the guy. He still had plenty of substandard games that season. Oakland, Arizona, and the second Cincy game come to mind.

The fact remains that DA is just a tremendously inaccurate passer who has a tendency to try and force the issue with a lot of his downfield throws. He will get a look from a lot of teams and sign with one rather quickly, but he's never going to match the numbers he had in '07.

I don't get all the over-the-top Quinn hating on here, either. It's hard to look good with little experience and receivers that aren't complete NFL players. Massaquoi and Robiskie were rookies, Stuckey came over mid-season, and we all know how bad the TE position was. Not to mention he had a rookie OC. It's really too bad he got hurt in KC, because against Detroit and San Diego he had some good showings. After that, the Browns' running game just dominated, allowing the offense to thrive on the ground.

At worst, his grade is an incomplete. Barring any other major changes, he's the starter next year.

Wallace will be used as part of our WildDawg package with Cribbs.

If DA goes to Arizona, look for another Pro Bowl invite real fast. You forgot to mention the golf courses... DA might actually hang around in the offseason.

Archived