THE BROWNS BOARD

Thanks Derek Anderson

ATENEARS

We owe everything to Derek Anderson, had he not stepped up in 2007, we would be over-run by limp-wrist Brady Quinn homo's.

DA and our 2009 poster-of-the-year, Lumbergh, exposed a bunch of whiney fans here last fall, marked'em with an 'X' and we dragged them into the streets and bloodied their noses.

This forum is 99% rid of limp wrist whiney Browns fans ... only the diehard survived.

Cheers Derek, Good Luck!

We owe everything to Derek Anderson, had he not stepped up in 2007, we would be over-run by limp-wrist Brady Quinn homo's.

DA and our 2009 poster-of-the-year, Lumbergh, exposed a bunch of whiney fans here last fall, marked'em with an 'X' and we dragged them into the streets and bloodied their noses.

This forum is 99% rid of limp wrist whiney Browns fans ... only the diehard survived.

Cheers Derek, Good Luck!

I'm pretty new here so maybe I don't understand what the hell your talking about but are you implying that only DA fans are real browns fans?

man this is the best forum ever. one can never say that there isn't some topic that will get people all riled up. i like DA and think he's got a great arm. if he had only made better decisions in the pocket i think he'd still be here. not sold on quinn at all but will give him a shot this year with the O line (most of them) having another of playing together under their belts. (wow THAT sounded gay). here's to hoping we can draft a franchise 'sleeper' in one of the later rounds this year. pike or lefevour or someone.

DA brings up a good point. No matter what the scenario, you do NOT cheer when a player on your team gets injured. That's such a classless act. I couldn't believe it happened when I saw it, and I was pissed and felt bad for him. He has every right to be angry at the fans for that.

Derek Anderson says "ruthless" Browns fans "don't deserve a winner"

DA can go to Hell.

So can moronic, bullshit homophobia.

can't you understand anderson's frustration? or any other competitive athlete who wants to win and is trying their damnest and people still rip you up? i'd feel sorry for anyone in any similar situation. hey the guy just got cut from his team. wouldn't you be hurt and a little pissed too. i'm sure he'll change his tune down the road. we fans can be ruthless is right. we want a winner. at least we don't throw molotov cocktails at the goalies of our third world country soccer teams. yet.

can't you understand anderson's frustration? or any other competitive athlete who wants to win and is trying their damnest and people still rip you up? i'd feel sorry for anyone in any similar situation. hey the guy just got cut from his team. wouldn't you be hurt and a little pissed too. i'm sure he'll change his tune down the road. we fans can be ruthless is right. we want a winner. at least we don't throw molotov cocktails at the goalies of our third world country soccer teams. yet.
I can understand his frustration.

I can't understand why he'd be so stupid to act out on it.

We will miss ole DA aka: Big Foot

His performance in 2007 was exactley what the doctor ordered for that season. I always thought that if we would've been able to get into the playoffs it would've been one of those cinderella stories.

The dude got 14 millions dollars. Give me 14 million dollars and you can cut me from any team you want, make fun of me all over the internet, whatever. Tell him to stop crying and take his money and go buy something. If you had one good year at your job, then were one of the worst at your position in the nation and got fired, would you say the company doesn't deserve to put out a good product?

The dude got 14 millions dollars. Give me 14 million dollars and you can cut me from any team you want, make fun of me all over the internet, whatever. Tell him to stop crying and take his money and go buy something. If you had one good year at your job, then were one of the worst at your position in the nation and got fired, would you say the company doesn't deserve to put out a good product?

i totally agree. but even if you got paid all that you still wouldn't like people/fans booing when you make a mistake and cheering when you get hurt. just human nature. there's been plenty of people that wish ill upon their former employers. i know there's a couple i've got down on a list.

For 14 million dollars I'd buy myself a thicker skin and stop worrying about the fans so much. Think Peyton Manning cares what the fans think?

uh, yeah. not in a way that will keep him up all night but if he's gonna call out his own teammates about acting like jerks what do you think he's say about someone calling him a bum and talking about his family?

except it was Queen who kept throwing deep balls out of bounds against Baltimore.

And it's Anderson who kept throwing the ball to the Ravens as well this year.

Anderson is done....good riddance...he had one half of a season that he looked great and then was completely terrible the rest of his time here.

The title of this thread is misleading. It should be something along the lines of "I hate Brady Quinn because he's prettier than I am".

There is no way you can justify hating Brady Quinn purely based on his performance (or lack thereof). Sure, he hasn't been the wonderboy everybody thought he was, but he also hasn't been given a full season to prove anything. He's started 12 games, not even a full NFL season. He showed flashes of what he was in college, but those games were outweighed by his horrible performances, of which there were many. He's not a superstar by any stretch of the imagination, but give him at least one solid year to prove his worth.

Consistency is the name of the game, and it's something that has been lacking in Cleveland for God knows how long. We've been consistently inconsistent for years. 2007 was our most consistent season in a while. We kept the same QB at the helm for the last 15 games, injuries were minimal, and Anderson was a perfect fit for Chud's "Throw bombs" offensive scheme. Anderson wasn't under a lot of pressure because he was essentially just a placeholder for the season, which helped him relax. When a QB has no job security, and every snap is essentially an audition, it's going to rattle the brain. It's going to make it extremely hard to focus.

That's what's killed both QB's for these past two seasons- inconsistency. Learning a new offensive scheme, dealing with injuries, having receivers who leave their thumbs at home (cough, cough...Braylon), having a sieve for the right side of the offensive line, worrying about being pulled before the next game- it's all going to make a QB look like shit. QB's are few and far between that can singlehandedly turn a franchise around, especially a franchise in as much disarray as ours was during the Savage era. You'll know when you get one, and we don't have one yet. But the QB's we have can produce, I know it.

Give BQ a season, a full one. Don't do this "QB battle" bullshit. Let the man knows he's got one season to prove his worth. One full season. If he can stay healthy, which is a big if, I think he'll surprise some people. He won't be the greatest QB, he's not "The Answer", but I don't think he's the steamy pile of shit most people are making him out to be. The best football is fun football, that's what my coach always told me. If you're not having fun, and you're stressing out, then you won't perform. At the end of the day, you're still playing a game for a living and games are supposed to be fun. I think this season could be a good one.

I liked Derek Anderson. I wanted to keep him. He was a damn hard player, and he had insane physical tools. But you have to face it, he is the antithesis of a "West Coast QB". I'm using that term loosely, of course, because the West Coast offense is a thing of myth. There is no true WCO anymore, but you get what I mean. If anything, we'll run an Erhardt-Perkins hybrid. Either way, Anderson just didn't fit the new offense very well. Had we stuck with Chud, and kept his "Air It Out" offense, Quinn would most likely have been the one shipped off. But that just isn't the case. I'm sorry Anderson had to go. He was frustrating as hell to watch, but when he was "on", it was a thing of beauty. I will miss him, and follow his career wherever he plays.

And to all you people who will inevitably call me a "Quinn fag", grow the hell up. I want the Browns to win, that's my number one goal. I don't give a shit who takes the snaps. Quinn's the best one we have at the moment, get over it. And quit with snide homosexual remarks, it makes you sound like a child. I don't care if Quinn gets drunk on Zima and buttxxxxs an entire troop of sailors on shore leave, as long as he gets us the win on Sundays.

I want the Browns to win, that's my number one goal. I don't give a shit who takes the snaps. Quinn's the best one we have at the moment, get over it. And quit with snide homosexual remarks, it makes you sound like a child. I don't care if Quinn gets drunk on Zima and buttxxxxs an entire troop of sailors on shore leave, as long as he gets us the win on Sundays.

kudos to you my friend. we could have carlton sheets throwin the shakiest passes over the middle as long is that what it takes to have a winner in cleveland. it's been way too long and the years of inadequacy in this league are getting way too long in the tooth. who cares about the sexuality (i say this in believing that noone here really thinks that he's gay), religious beliefs or political bias as long as we move forward into the 201_'s as winners.

Thanks Derek Anderson for proving your truth value - a dirty bag of day-old dog shit. What a crybaby. Go grow a set, you candy-assed interception machine...

Now I get the feeling that Lumpbergh here and DA were one in the same....

Cuz they both were whiny ass bitches....

And now they are both gone.

Good riddance.

Assholes.

judging by my perplexity...id say no. I was born in 1990.

just some guys that filled in for the next 'big thing' back in the day. phipps after sipe and philcox after kosar. pretty unforgettable. hopefully wallace can step up if quinn can't. maybe holmgren and heckertt will roll the dice and draft a guy this year who could finally be 'the one'. hey: GO GOLDEN FLASHES!

Thanks Derek Anderson for proving your truth value - a dirty bag of day-old dog shit. What a crybaby. Go grow a set, you candy-assed interception machine...

Now I get the feeling that Lumpbergh here and DA were one in the same....

Cuz they both were whiny ass bitches....

And now they are both gone.

Good riddance.

Assholes.

LMAO! holy shite. looks like someone had a bad day!

Archived