THE BROWNS BOARD

Derek Anderson Blasts YOU

Earl34

I was surprised that DA said that. He took heat from fans at OS too and never did much more than shrug. Sometimes a guy's personality comes out later in life in stressful situations. He should have kept his mouth shut. Its not the fans fault its the organization. In this case its an organization that is half baked, with no tradition (expansion teams rarely do have tradition) and that tries to fill seats with roster moves rather than winning. I think what DA was trying to say is its a situation that brings out the worst in individuals. But its still on the guy or the coach to do his job as a professional and not give in to a culture of give-up.

DA never reached his potential in CLE. He showed he could have lights out accuracy and make good decisions for one game at a time but not the next one. That shows he has talent but no consistency. He made find that at another site if he gets playing time and its a better situation where there is a system in place and not just a bunch of half-ass ideas. I think its weird that Browns have a winning streak going and DA had a part in it and he got cut. But its not surprising he got cut. Holmgren wants to cut out the taint so he started with the visible position.

Holmgren is no genius. He failed at being the GM in seattle and sorta burned out at coaching. Its his ego that's bringing him back. Behind that stache is the cold blooded certainty of a man who thinks he knows more than you and gets off on trying to prove it. Like every other coach in the NFL. He gravitated to this, the most impossible situation in the league because it offers him control. He's going to need that egomania to survive, he will need every ounce of it. Going to be very interesting to watch.

One thing you all didnt know about Seneca Wallace, he was an Oregon State Beaver at one point in his career:-)

Quote from ONB last year:

Rifferx- you are right man. Cant fight a superhero moderator with a super powerful keyboard keeping the world free of posts that he doesn't have to like. But here's one post you probably wont want to delete, because you can use it against me should I ever return, its my resignation as a member of this board:

Cyber Cro Bar?

In fact what Front Desk Security Agent Rifferx deleted was a couple of LOLs and a flippant remark about a comment that a poster made regarding Lumbergh screwing them in the ass.

But whatever... Lumbergh has this elevator full of onanists completely handled now and my presence is not needed any more.

Its too bad because this used to be a hilarious and madcap and no holds barred collection of would be bad-asses but also knowledgeable fans some of whom just happened to be long time Browns fans. I first wandered in there over a couple of years ago and politely introducted myself as a fan of the third string quarterback who had only played a couple of snaps and got cussed out and mocked to pieces. I loved it! Finally a message board without a bunch namby pamby sissy censoring hypocrites on it. And oh yeah even then Derek Anderson was as popular as the last piece of cake at a leprosy victims support meeting.

But that was back a couple of address changes. Atenears did his best to warn about the change but it still seemed like a lot of the best posters (posts) stayed at the old site somehow. That and the second move seemed like somebody had just packed the moving van at midnite and carted off all the stuff under cover of darkness just as it was getting more familiar. Again, probably not Stan's fault, its his collection of people . And again he can decide what he wants that collection of posters to look like and make sure that some turkey deprived government worker isnt shotgunning posts justs because DA sucks, as fun as that sounds.

Anyway thanks to Stan and thanks to some of the posters who have made my day with the funny or provided some good insight into the subject at hand.

Special Ensign Lummy, I am handing the directorship of this colony off to you now, I know that you will treat the unwashed natives here with all the respect they deserve. God forbid them the day you leave, there would be quite nothing left.

Good day all. And go Browns!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derek Anderson did not blast ME, as the subject line suggests ... he blasted the idiots that cheered that a player got injured. And don't tell me they were just glad to see Ken Dorsey. Even Ken Dorsey's wife doesn't get excited to see Ken Dorsey.

Zombo

I was surprised that DA said that. He took heat from fans at OS too and never did much more than shrug. Sometimes a guy's personality comes out later in life in stressful situations. He should have kept his mouth shut. Its not the fans fault its the organization. In this case its an organization that is half baked, with no tradition (expansion teams rarely do have tradition) and that tries to fill seats with roster moves rather than winning. ....)

Glad to see you back Orangenotbrown.

Archived