THE BROWNS BOARD

Rob Sims

cambridgeho

I have been looking on the other threads about him, I could have swore that we were pursuing him. with Hadnot leaving and Fraley released, shouldnt we be adding another at the guard spot? If you know anything regarding this please inform.

we were before we got Pashos, last i heard it would take a 4th round pick to get him.

Exactly. Thats pretty much what i hear and what i had gotten out of it too. We were in talks with him and then we signed pashos and everything kind of died down. Dosent mean it still couldnt happen just that havent heard anything on it anymore. Seattle did an fact place a fourth round tender on him so yes it would cost us a fourth round draft pick to sign him.

Rob Sims will be the next to go in Seattle

Posted by Mike Florio on March 16, 2010 9:45 PM ET

The same source who tipped us off to the fact that Seahawks defensive end Darryl Tapp was being traded out of Seattle has given us another tip.

The next one to go is guard Rob Sims.

And this time we're beating Glazer to the punch.

Sims, a restricted free agent, is drawing strong interest from multiple teams. One of the teams is believed to be the Browns, who are now run by former Seattle coach Mike Holmgren.

Like Tapp, Sims is being held out of offseason workouts in anticipation of a deal. Unlike Tapp, Sims has not yet signed his RFA tender, and talks have not commenced with any specific team on a multi-year deal.

Sims has been tendered by the Seahawks at the fourth-round level. A four-year veteran, Sims started 14 games for Seattle in 2009.

So stay tuned. Something could happen soon; something apparently will happen at some point before the draft.

• 3 weeks later...

Browns Now Interested in Rob Sims

Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports that a fourth team has entered the Rob Sims Sweepstakes, and that team is the Cleveland Browns.

The Browns join the Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, and Philadelphia Eagles among the publicly interested teams in the former Ohio State standout, and the San Francisco 49ers (given the Mike Solari connection) and Denver Broncos (who lack depth at guard) may also have an interest in the 6-3, 312-pound restricted free agent.

On March 5, I suggested that the Browns may be a potential suitor for Sims, and not just because of the Mike Holmgren connection. Sims is from the Cleveland area, his father, the late Mickey Sims, played for the Browns, who are in need of a veteran guard with the free agent departure of Rex Hadnot.

And, since we're connecting dots here, ESPN's NFL Insider Adam Schefter tweeted this morning that a trade would be made at some point on Thursday. When no trade made, one of his followers asked for the "divisions involved" in the deal, which had since hit a snag. Schefter tweeted that it would be "an AFC North team and an NFC team".

The Browns' interest, and Schefter's tweet, does not mean a trade between the Browns and Seahawks is imminent, but the Browns' having three (3) picks in the third round of the 2010 NFL Draft may prompt the Lions to part with their fourth-round pick, the 100th overall selection.

Lions acquire Rob Sims in trade with Seahawks

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 5, 2010 1:05 PM ET

Rob Sims is heading to Detroit.

Sims, a guard who recently signed his restricted free agent tender with the Seahawks, has been traded to the Lions. Adam Schefter first reported the news on Twitter.

The trade is no surprise; the new Seahawks coaching staff had said Sims wasn't in their long-term plans, and we noted yesterday that Sims was likely to be traded to either the Lions or Bears this week.

In 2009 the 26-year-old Sims started 14 games for the Seahawks. In 2010 he's likely to be the starting left guard for the Lions.

UPDATE: Schefter reports that Detroit will send a fifth-round pick to Seattle.

Archived