THE BROWNS BOARD

Derek Anderson Apologizes

TheClevelandSound

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...ogizes_for.html

CLEVELAND -- Derek Anderson has apologized for saying Browns fans "are ruthless and don't deserve a winner."

After angry reaction from fans poured into The Plain Dealer, cleveland.com and other media outlets, Anderson issued the following statement early Wednesday morning through Amy Palcic, the former Browns public relations director.

Anderson's statement:

"I said some things to Jeff Schudel (of The News-Herald) earlier that I regret. Those of you who got to know me personally from covering the Browns over the past five years, know this was out of character for me. I wasn't taken out of context, but I was speaking out of my frustration after my career with the Browns came to a close.

"I had some great times playing in Cleveland, especially during the 2007 season and I met some great people and made many lifelong friends along the way. I'm looking forward to starting a new chapter in my life."

Anderson was terminated by the Browns on Tuesday. He is expected to be pursued by the Arizona Cardinals and Carolina Panthers.

We rooted for him, like we always do.

But he just couldn't be the guy the Browns needed.

He couldn't stop throwing the most unbelievable ints,

and couldn't stop being a stumbly bumbly big foot.

He can't change. Now, he actually put both of his big feet in his mouth.

Well, at least it wasn't another interception... @@

CLEVELAND -- Derek Anderson has apologized for saying Browns fans "are ruthless and don't deserve a winner."

After angry reaction from fans poured into The Plain Dealer, cleveland.com and other media outlets, Anderson issued the following statement early Wednesday morning through Amy Palcic, the former Browns public relations director.

Anderson's statement:

"I said some things to Jeff Schudel (of The News-Herald) earlier that I regret. Those of you who got to know me personally from covering the Browns over the past five years, know this was out of character for me. I wasn't taken out of context, but I was speaking out of my frustration after my career with the Browns came to a close.

"I had some great times playing in Cleveland, especially during the 2007 season and I met some great people and made many lifelong friends along the way. I'm looking forward to starting a new chapter in my life."

Anderson was terminated by the Browns on Tuesday. He is expected to be pursued by the Arizona Cardinals and Carolina Panthers.

A classy guy. All of us have said things in anger that we know we shouldn't have. I wish him the best. Sayonara Horse Balls.

We rooted for him, like we always do.

Cal, you were one of the worst offenders, you spent the entire '07 season complaining about him starting over Frye... Charlie would have been able to run for the first... Charlie would have eluded that rush and bought more time to make the play... Charlie would have....

There were clearly people on this board not rooting for the starting Browns Qb that season.

Cal, you were one of the worst offenders, you spent the entire '07 season complaining about him starting over Frye... Charlie would have been able to run for the first... Charlie would have eluded that rush and bought more time to make the play... Charlie would have....

There were clearly people on this board not rooting for the starting Browns Qb that season.

Let me get a tissue for you and your Derek Bear, Drunky.

There were clearly people on this board not rooting for the starting Browns Qb that season. DrunkandStupid

True enough, here. But during Browns games, when DA was playing well in his pro bowl season?

We were rooting for him, cheering for him. You just weren't here watching the games with me to see it.

Then he just went kablooey with ints at just the wrong time, and was laughing about it.

then, yeah, I came on here and lambasted him. He singled-handedly lost a few games with some very, very stupid interceptions,

and was then laughing on the sidelines. He didn't care. Most all Browns fans care a hell of a lot more than he ever did, I think.

Anderson's statement:

DA had the potential to be a great qb.....all the physical tools...just not the brains. He's a loser who will never surface again, as a positive factor in any NFL game, in my opinion. I respected him, even when he continued to prove he just wasn't intelligent enough to play qb in the NFL. Certainly, there are a lot of unforgiving and ruthless fans out there. But.....they are paying your salary, and have the right to boo or cheer you whenever they are inclined to do so. DA...you are an idiot. Once again you have proven it. Your only hope of any success in the NFL, is that maybe a coach who has experience with the mentally challenged can simplify your instructions enough so you will understand. This has nothing to do with Brady Quinn. Who knows what will happen with him? DA became a huge liability at any price. I'm glad he's gone, and based on his classless display, I hope he fails wherever he goes.

Well thanks for the apology DumbAss, but you also showed how stupid you still ARE. You're looking for a new job & you badmouth your previous employer & their customers. That's really showing a prospective employer what type attitude & level of class they were considering.

You just cost yourself some MORE money, bright boy!

Mike

Well thanks for the apology DumbAss, but you also showed how stupid you still ARE. You're looking for a new job & you badmouth your previous employer & their customers. That's really showing a prospective employer what type attitude & level of class they were considering.

You just cost yourself some MORE money, bright boy!

Mike

He don't need money and will have no problem finding a new job. Im sure he didn't even mean the apology. Im glad he is gone. We can talk about somebody else as to why we suck ass.

GGG,

but after this draft, and a couple of key FA's...

we won't suck this coming year.

Delhomme was going to go take a physical? Have we signed him?

I believe we are going to draft a qb this draft,

and the Browns know which one it is.

GGG,

but after this draft, and a couple of key FA's...

we won't suck this coming year.

Delhomme was going to go take a physical? Have we signed him?

I believe we are going to draft a qb this draft,

and the Browns know which one it is.

I just hope this years draft finally goes in our favor. I will not be happy unless we do better than 8 and 8. But if we sweep Pittsburgh I wont care to much about the other games as much. :rolleyes:

Archived