THE BROWNS BOARD

Adam Schefter Reports Browns shopping Quinn

HaydenFox

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anderson could have come to Holmgren and talked to him. If that had happened and Holmgren thought he had some potential DA could possibly still be here. But if you aren't motivated enough to come speak with the new GM who is making the QB decision what does that say about you?

Anderson could have come to Holmgren and talked to him. If that had happened and Holmgren thought he had some potential DA could possibly still be here. But if you aren't motivated enough to come speak with the new GM who is making the QB decision what does that say about you?
wrong thread but i agree. he might have even had an option of coming back under an entirely new deal at a much lower price, although his emotional email didn't help that cause any.

that said. Cleveland is the last place he should be and i can't imagine why he'd want to be here so it doesn't really matter now anyway.

It says that Derek Anderson had zero desire to stay another year in Cleveland. Do you blame him?

Let's see:

Horrible OL

No Running Game til late in the season

Rookie WR's

A crappy OC learning on the job

New O System....

Yep, let's blame the QB for all of our problems and never give him a full season to see what we drafted..... and bring in a 35 yr old who throws more INT's than DA and just lost his job to a sure fire future HOFer named ...uhhh...Matt Moore? Yeah, sounds like a good plan for our future to me!

This is why the Browns have sucked for so long.....

:angry:

Let's see:

Horrible OL

Rookie WR's

New O System....

Yep, let's blame the QB for all of our problems and never give him a full season to see what we drafted..... and bring in a 35 yr old who throws more INT's than DA and just lost his job to a sure fire future HOFer named ...uhhh...Matt Moore? Yeah, sounds like a good plan for our future to me!

one correction. horrible RIGHT side of the line, but yeah, pretty much everything else is true.

I sure hope hes gone, i cant stand him. He's not a Quarterback, hes a male model. Why should a uarterback have that much bulk? Honestly? Its ridiculous that he was our #1 selling jersey when we have a guy name Cribbs. The worst was his press conferences after games ("Its kinda funny", he says that every sentence). All this is just secondary tho.

The Bottom Line: He Blows

GOODBYE BRADY NATION!!! :D

Are fucing serious?

21 years in a steel mill ...120 degrees in July...as I head towards 60 I'm watching former mates drop like flies

You think we should feel sorry for some 1/2 assed ,severely over payed ,shit for brains who couldn't take the heat

Believe me when I tell you jr. Holmgren knows a real Quarterback when he sees one

And he can recognize a POS or TWO...Is it that shocking that he came to Cleveland and found TWO ?

Right on man!

Let's see:

Horrible OL

Rookie WR's

New O System....

Mike Holmgren knows all of the above. Mike Holmgren says Brady Quinn ISN'T the guy. Enough said.

Nice excuses, now let's see for real:

RAC realized he wasn't an NFL QB

Phil Sewage came to his senses and realized he blew a 1st rounder, not a NFL QB

Eric Mangini realizes after a few games the kid xxxxing blows

George Kokinis no doubt realized Quinn sucks ass

Mike Holmgren, who KNOWS THE QB POSITION, quickly sees what the rest all seen and sees Queen is SO xxxxING TERRIBLE a 34 year old has been with a shitty elbow is an UPGRADE!

Give it a rest, Brady Nation. Your boy is utter garbage. Always has been. Always will be. Excuses be damned, both HC's and every GM we have had since he was drafted have realized the fact. No conspiracies, no throwing the CLEVELAND BROWNS under the bus making excuses for him, HE IS NOT GOOD.

That was very well said. Im glad to hear people agree with me that Quinn needs to go.

Anybody else sickened by the fact that two years ago we could've got a first and a third for Quinn OR Anderson. AND WE KEPT BOTH!!!

People compared it to the Rivers/Brees scenario.

I don't know why I actually liked Savage. How was I so blind to these horrible moves he kept making. In one off-season he traded a second for Corey Williams and signed him to a ridiculous 6-year contract. He signed Stallworth to a ridiculous 6-year contract. He traded a future 3rd for either Bell or Rucker, can't remember. And then he turned down a 1st and a 3rd for Anderson and Quinn and gave DA a 3-year 27 million dollar contract that made him untradeable. IN ONE OFFSEASON!

That's like if the cavs were to use a bunch of cap space in one offseason on Larry Hughes, Damon Jones, and Donyell Marshall!!! Shoot that actually happened. (Ferry has made up for it since)

This doesn't count the trade he made the year before for Quinn.

UGH... :wacko:

Thank goodness Eric Mangini knew how to be a hatchet-man for a year and gave Holmgren a decent situation to work with. We have got to have a ton of money to work with after cutting Williams, Lewis, and Anderson.

If we traded Quinn and Rogers our O-line would probably make up half of our player salary! :lol:

Ok....(sigh)....I'm going to start off by saying I am not gay nor do I have any tendencies that I'm aware or have been informed of. Now with that out of the way I would like to say that I like Sam Bradford as a QB only. If you are one of the ones who think anyone who doesn't worship DA or BQ is a fag then this question isn't for you. For the seemingly small percentage of you left is there anyway in hell you think we can get Bradford? Is there anyway he can fall to 7 or will there be someway we can package Quinn and maybe someone else with our 7 to get him? I mean you can't just dump every qb on the roster and not have some light at the end of the tunnel. Wallace is nothing more than a roster spot. If that's the FO's answer were really fukt. Having a legit shot at Bradford is the only thing that gives this situation hope. Getting a project at this point to sit behind Bulger or Delhomme basically means there is no plan to even compete next year. I really like Bradford (in a nonsexual way) and am trying to figure out what the possibillity is that we can actually get him.

Mike Holmgren knows all of the above. Mike Holmgren says Brady Quinn ISN'T the guy. Enough said.

Link to the quote?

Don't have it eh?

I do know one thing, Holmgren IS on record as saying in response to another QB competition in camp this year; "They (The Browns) did that last year. And that didn't work out,"......."Somebody's got to play a full season. Not two games here, out two games, in three games. . . . It doesn't work," he said, according to the Cleveland newspaper. "So pick one, commit, coach him up, build confidence, make him better and then surround him with good people."

So, Holmgren himself says there won't be a QB comp. this year. But, then he brings in Wallace...who's a career backup...Well, if Holmgren stated he doesn't want a QB comp. then Wallace isn't coming here to start. He is a valuable backup and will serve the same role here.

Now, will Quinn be the starter or a vet come in? Looking at the last part of the quote straight from Holmgren...that quote describes EXACTLY what happened to Quinn last year. Getting pulled and put back in and jerked around by a new staff and had no help offensively.

I think Holmgren is doing what he's stated. He's going to surround Quinn with good people (better players and better management) and give him the full season to develop and "build confidence".

All this trading Quinn talk is just silly.

I have been told over and over by knowledgeable fans on this board that "this is Quinn's team". This whole trade talk stuff is just a bunch of rabblerousers trying to stir up trouble.

All this trading Quinn talk is just silly.

I have been told over and over by knowledgeable fans on this board that "this is Quinn's team". This whole trade talk stuff is just a bunch of rabblerousers trying to stir up trouble.

You just wanted to say "rabblerousers"

I like the fact the Browns are checking into everything to improve the team. If BQ holds value and you feel you can improve your team by shopping him around, i don't see the harm. These guys are all brought in here to win and IF that ultimately means Quinn has to go for the benefit of the Browns and winning, i'm all for it.

The 100% truth of the matter is last season no one at QB did much of anything positive. Part of that was in the youngness of the WR corp, the other part was the fact those guys just weren't that good. I believe the scouting caught up to DA and they realized what his tendancies were and took away his strengths. On the Quinn side of things, he's shown me SERIOUS flaws in his game as a pro-level QB. You've got to be able to make simple throws and at least connect once and awhile on a pass over 20 yards. I have a feeling Brady had two issue's with us... 1) He was NEVER that good and 2) His confidence has become rattled because of the way he's played.

As it stands, i think he's just going to go down as another 1st round QB flop, which seems to happen more often than we realize in the NFL.

I doubt anyone will bite on a trade for quinn and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get cut outright.

In a straight up trade, I agree. To big a chance for the flop factor to kiss the other GM.

Quinn as a toss in on a bigger trade is very possible.

Rather than Quinn being the focus of the deal for the other team, he is just a sweetener the other GM can point to.

Archived