THE BROWNS BOARD

Justin Fargas to visit

CLEVELandMILIDH

Browns bring in Fargas for a visit

Posted by Mike Florio on March 10, 2010 7:10 PM ET

With the Browns not yet showing interest in veteran running backs like LaDainian Tomlinson, Thomas Jones, and Brian Westbrook, they've found another guy who'll they'll be bringing to town.

Jodi Bacon of KHTK in Sacramento reports that former Raiders running back Justin Fargas is in Cleveland, visiting the Browns.

Fargas, a third-round pick in the 2003 draft, recently was cut after supposedly failing a physical. He visited the Chiefs, who have since signed Jones.

For the right price I would welcome him.

I have always thought he was a hard runner and never was afraid or avoided contact.

Wasn't He also getting a high % of the carries even though Oakland is stacked with good backs? I don't watch to many Raider games but I could swear that he was.

i've used fargas on my fantasy leagur the last couple of years. when he plays he's aces. he's been hurt a couple of times but he also was the main back when mcfadden was hurt so....... i agree with eriedawg. the guy runs hard every play and for the right price he'd be a good vet presence for our young guys.

I wish we would have picked up Thomas Jones. Especially looking at what KC got him for. Im guessing the FO didnt wanna be in the same boat as we have been with Jamal Lewis.

yeah i think he was head and shoulders above any other rb available in FA. but you never know when the bottom is gonna fall out on these guys. look at LT, i think he's done but a couple of years ago you would have traded half the team for him.

At the right price he is completely worth it. I just cant believe he is already 30, man time flies by. He would be solid for us near the endzone. Also he averaged 3.8 ypr last year on the terrible raiders team.

Fargas could help punch it in near the goaline...plus adding talented depth is always beneficial.

He''ll come cheap and if he washes out, it isn't a huge investment.

I like the guy, thought he has been under-utilized in Oakland and is the perfect complimentery back.

But, the real reason I would sign him is because his Dad was Huggy Bear...

starsky1-5.jpg

Zombo

Why?

Im not impressed with average.

WTF?????? Browns fans should welcome anything near average at this point!!! Fargas has been the Raiders best runner the past 3 years and thats without much of a line.

He's 30 without a lot of mileage on him. It would be interesting to see if the guy can earn a starting job. The two years he started he played decent, in a very very very horrible place to play, probably worse than Cleveland. Al Davis is a bad man.

Archived