THE BROWNS BOARD

Delhomme signs with the Browns

jrb12711

Maybe Delhomme is here to groom Quinn.

Is Delhomme a fashion consultant? I thought his grooming was the one thing Quinn had locked down, needs help on his football though.

Expect a QB to get taken in the draft. I expect them to TRY hard as heck to get anything they can for Quinn as far as draft picks go, if they can't he'll just get cut and they'll take any kid they can find in the 2nd or 3rd round (maybe earlier) that can consistantly complete a 12+ yard pass.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quinn is still the best QB on this team...

Sad thing is this is close to a true statement! I think Wallace is better, but my gut feeling is that we just took a step back in signing INT-Jake. Word has it he will earn 7 mil. this year, so you are looking at our new starter. I hope I am wrong, but I HATE this move! And the QB woes continue....

Is Delhomme a fashion consultant? I thought his grooming was the one thing Quinn had locked down, needs help on his football though.

Expect a QB to get taken in the draft. I expect them to TRY hard as heck to get anything they can for Quinn as far as draft picks go, if they can't he'll just get cut and they'll take any kid they can find in the 2nd or 3rd round (maybe earlier) that can consistantly complete a 12+ yard pass.

I think Ratcliff will get cut before Quinn. Quinn has started 12 games and has a "team friendly" contract - I believe it's $700k per year for the next two years. Does anyone know Ratcliff's contract details? They'll likely see if anyone is interested in Quinn before, during, and after the draft.

I think Ratcliff will get cut before Quinn. Quinn has started 12 games and has a "team friendly" contract - I believe it's $700k per year for the next two years. Does anyone know Ratcliff's contract details? They'll likely see if anyone is interested in Quinn before, during, and after the draft.

i dunno. i think the queens market value is at it's zenith. now is the time to strike a deal

I just read we're paying him $7 MIL for one season..... Yeah not liking this one at all Mikey.

Just remeber its a uncapped year so we dont have to worry about salary cap until next year. One thing i can say is you cant argue with stats. Delhomme had a bad year but if he bounces back we have a great QB. Here are the QB ratings:

Delhomme Anderson Quinn

2009 * 59.4 ** 42.1 ** 67.2

2008 * 84.7 ** 66.5 ** 66.6

2007 * 111.8 ** 82.5

2006 * 82.6 ** 63.1

2005 * 88.1

I love it!

Zombo

Glad you do Z, I don't. We're not the Vikings and Farve. The thing I like= we didn't have to give up a first rounder like we would have had to get McNabb. Obviously not the long term answer, so is he here to mentor Quinn, or start while we enter the annual draft crapshoot for the real deal?

While i cant say i agree with signing delhomo (at least not yet) i still have to think the regime has a plan lets just hope it doesnt actually involve delhomo starting or this could be a really bad year given our WR situation and the aging delhomme's performance the last couple of years...delhomme is not a bret farve he is washed up imho...

I like the signing. Between Jake and Seneca we have some stability at the position which we haven't had for some time.

I don't know which will start, but one of them will and these two could be together for a while, so the future is now.

At some point we will bring in a youg qb and see if he can become the 'franchise" qb, but remember, whoever is taking the snaps IS your "franchise" qb, and no matter how you cut it, the two we have now are better than the two we had, so I don't understand why some people want to continue to complain....what's the beef??

Things are looking up!

Realistically, we aren't going to the Super Bowl the next two years, so what is the purpose of adding a 35 yr old immobile interception machine to the roster for 7M per? I'd rather see what Wallace, Quinn or even Ratliff could do. It's not like Delhomme is coming here to be a backup, he stated that he wants to start. If he wanted to be a backup the Saints wanted him and they are a playoff team.

Jake Delhomme - the move that saved the franchise.

....pppfffft, BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

Same old stains, some things will never change.

Regards

... an'at

we just took him off the market before y'all could get him. you'll find there isn't much available when bens chokin bubba chicken.

Realistically, we aren't going to the Super Bowl the next two years, so what is the purpose of adding a 35 yr old immobile interception machine to the roster for 7M per? I'd rather see what Wallace, Quinn or even Ratliff could do. It's not like Delhomme is coming here to be a backup, he stated that he wants to start. If he wanted to be a backup the Saints wanted him and they are a playoff team.

If he starts...he still have to get past Wallace...

The purpose?? The purpose of any game...to get some wins. Part of building for the future is to win in the present. You can't keep losing and then all of a sudden turn on a switch. It usually takes a culture of winning to build a championship team. You don't usually go from crap to Super Bowl....you take steps.

You can forget Quinn...he's out. If we had wanted to play him and give him more of a chance, we wouldn't have brought in 2 qbs. We didn't bring in both Jake and Wallace to compete for anything but the #1 and #2 positions. We weren't going to move Quinn to 3rd on the list.

Third QB at this point is going to be Ratliff or some drafted qb...and i doubt it is going to be a high pick. Who knows....maybe Holmgren like Ratliff as well.

It's known that MH likes Wallace....if Wallace turns in to the starter...he might have 7-8 years left in him....we might not even be thinking QB at this point. The addition of Jake, be he the starter or #2 could take any further qb consideration out 2 years when Jakes contract runs it's course.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4992744

I know alot of you hate, but if Holmgren thinks he can play I trust his opinion on the matter. I don't see how anyone can disagree our QB situation looks alot better than it did a week ago.

I'm not excited about Delhomme. I'm hopeful that Holmgren will turn this team around.....I just hope he has a plan in place, and is not just making a lot of moves just for the sake of changing faces. While I really lost any hope for DA ever coming around somewhere in the middle of last season, I would probably have kept him over Delhomme. I might just be ignorant of Delhomme's ability, since it seems there are a lot of Carolina fans who still love him, but from what I've seen lately, well....I'm not impressed. If we draft a qb...a good one... then I guess it doesn't matter. Delhomme could be a big help to a rookie qb, I guess. I'm starting to wonder why Holmgren didn't even consider Troy Smith....not a big fan of his, but why not? There is some ability there, and you could say that he's never had a fair shot.

Great point about building a winning culture but I don't see how Delhomme helps with that. I watch a lot of football games and the guy was flat out AWFUL last year on a team that had some talent. Cutting him now says that Carolina thinks they made a big mistake giving him a contract extension last April with 20M in guaranteed money. JD is like a statue back there, no mobility. He has a big arm but not terribly accurate. Remind you guys of anyone? (Hint: wore a 3)

We are a young rebuilding team. Not a team that is one veteran QB away from a big playoff run. If JD was coming in to mentor a young qb it would make more sense. He wants to start, if he doesn't start will he be a problem?

The purpose?? The purpose of any game...to get some wins. Part of building for the future is to win in the present. You can't keep losing and then all of a sudden turn on a switch. It usually takes a culture of winning to build a championship team. You don't usually go from crap to Super Bowl....you take steps.

As much as i like the thought of Quinn being our franchise Qb it is time for the organization and the fans to realize he doesn't have that ability. I was happy when we traded up for him and it was a great story but sometimes you just have to admit your first round mistakes and move on. Delhomme by all means isn't the answer as a franchise Qb but he is a serviceable one until our franchise(savior) QB is found.

Guest birddog1
Jake Delhomme - the move that saved the franchise.

....pppfffft, BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

Same old stains, some things will never change.

Regards

... an'at

You're probably right, maybe we should be looking for someone that likes to sexually assault 20 yr old women.

This pick up is not that bad, we didnt lose a draft pick to get him, and he has proven he can win some games. JD is not the long term answer of course but with a change of scenery I believe he will be pretty good. JD will have some weapons this year, so I think he will do fine. My Question is who the hell is going to start, I thought we werte not having a compititon this year. Also I Cant wait to see Waton and Moore on the field at the same time.

Archived