THE BROWNS BOARD

BRADY QUINN TRADED

DAWGPOUND16

Brady Quinn will not take anyone to a Super Bowl..sorry its true. On the other hand JD has taken a team to the SB. With our running game and some good play action from JD I see good things happening. Add Hillis to the run game..please..We have upgraded all over the place and still kept all our draft picks..The 3 headed monster in Berea is in full attack mode!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Transcript of Brady Quinn's exclusive interview with the Plain Dealer

By Mary Kay Cabot, The Plain Dealer

March 14, 2010, 9:44PM

Associated PressBrady Quinn was traded to the Broncos today, and leaves the Browns with mixed emotions.

CLEVELAND -- Former Browns quarterback Brady Quinn, who was traded to the Denver Broncos today for running back Peyton Hillis and two future draft picks, talked exclusively to the Plain Dealer today. Here is the transcript:

* "Obviously there are things that are out of my control. It's a great opportunity for me to play under a great coach (Josh McDaniels).''

* "It will be a fresh start for me and great opportunity with a very talented team and it should be a lot of fun.''

* (On starting in Denver?) "At this point, I'm just looking to create a role for myself on the team. Anytime you're in a situation like this, that's all you can really do is just go in there and learn the system, get to know your teammates and coaches, everyone else and that's really my focus right now. All of those things will take care of themselve in the end.''

* (On the Browns turning to Jake Delhomme instead of him)"It's really hard to try to figure out what it is. Coach Mike Holmgren has had a lot of success, and I'm sure the decisions he's making, he's got a lot of reasons for them and he's doing what he wants to with the team. It's not really for me to question. I'm a Bronco and I couldn't be happier to be heading over to Denver. It's a storied organization, and a beautiful city. It will be fun experiencing it and moving on with this part of my life.''

* (On his love affair with Browns fans)"I had a wonderful time in Cleveland and I say that because of the fans -- the fans were so great and everyone was so welcoming and loyal to me. Even though I battled through some tough times, I think the fans stuck with me and I can't thank them enough for all of their support.''

* "I wish things would've worked out differently with Cleveland. I really wanted to be the guy to turn things around and turn the tide, but that's not the situation I'm faced with at this point. All I can do is move on and look toward the future and look toward Denver at this point.''

* (On mixed emotions) "I think you just have to give yourself a dose of reality. Things don't always work out the way you want them to in life. I know God has a plan for me and obviously those plans are leading me out to Denver right now. At this point, I'll just continue to work as hard as I can and do the best I can to get in there and be a catalyst or some sort of positive entity to the Broncos team.''

* (On some sadness to leave) "Obviously not being able to play close to home near my family and not being able to play for the team that you always rooted for growing up -- yea, there's some sadness there, but there's a lot of things that are out of my control, so you can't sit there and think about those kinds of things too much.''

* "The biggest thing for me is being appreciative of the fans. For the time that I was there, I can't thank them enough for their support. They're as loyal as can be. They'd always keep us in games even when we were down, helped bring us back. Hopefully they'll always continue to have that enthusiasm. It's a great place to play and a great team and organization to be a part of.

* (On receiving a fair shot here?) "Looking at the situation, it's not really for me to decide that. I just wish things would've gone differently in Cleveland. I hope they have success in the future. I hope coach Holmgren can get things turned around for them.''

* (On did he ask for trade) "No, there was no request for a trade. The first I learned about it was when (General Manager) Tom Heckert informed me of it. But when they signed Jake (Delhomme) to the deal they did, the writing was kind of on the wall at that point.''

* "One of the biggest things coming out of this is that you're going to a team that really wants you and came and got you. I'm looking forward to the opportunity. Hopefully I can continue to learn and grow and get better. Hopefully having a coach like coach McDaniels will allow me to do that.''

* (On his confidence)"No matter what the situation, I've always felt confident in my ability and hopefully I'll have the opportunity to show that in Denver.''

* (On his Lis Franc foot injury)"It's doing great. It's really progressed very well. I'm just now coming into 100% recovery and feeling great. I look forward to competing and working with the guys in the offseason workouts (starting this week).''

* (On selling his house here)I did. So I'm happy that worked out as well. Things sort of fell into place.

* "Obviously there's a lot of changes going on and coach mike holmgren has his rhyme and reason. I'm sorry it couldn't have lasted longer.''

Z you ain't getting it. Anderson went in the toilet, Quinn is a "never was" Holmgren get forked tongue #1 for saying you need 30 starts to evaluate someone. He damn well better be right about quinn's suckage.

Oh, I get it ... Brady Quinn is not special. I am comfortable with that ... the rest of you may need to see him be unimpressive in someone else's colors before you come to the same conclusion.

You don't give a guy a 30 starts cause you hope he'll be good. What franchise has thirty games to burn these days? The guy had three training camps, 12 starts and plenty of film. The franchise is moving on swiftly in a new direction and we had to make a call on him.

I just happen to think we made the right one.

Zombo

True. Quinn just wasn't a fit here. Maybe in Denver, he will find success in what they do. I hope he does,

that is a high class exit interview...

and then there is DumbAss throwing a vile temper tantrum.

Da never cared about much. Glad to see him go.

Say, he STILL doesn't have a new team.. right?

Oh, I get it ... Brady Quinn is not special. I am comfortable with that ... the rest of you may need to see him be unimpressive in someone else's colors before you come to the same conclusion.

You don't give a guy a 30 starts cause you hope he'll be good. What franchise has thirty games to burn these days? The guy had three training camps, 12 starts and plenty of film. The franchise is moving on swiftly in a new direction and we had to make a call on him.

I just happen to think we made the right one.

Zombo

I was one that wanted to see Quinn get more opportunity and stay and develop, but you are absolutely right Zombo and your post actually makes me feel better about Quinn being traded. I also felt he had enough time to learn, riding the side for 3 years and was short on patience for his turning the corner last season. For all he was provided, he should have hit the griound running. I hope he pans out and matures into a good QB, but your info tends to make me think he probably won't. The strongest competitors .. and successes in the NFL ... jump on the opportuniies when they get them. Seems Quinn really did'nt and therefore the DA / Quinn thing thrived.

To new beginnings !!! (raising a beer)

Archived