THE BROWNS BOARD

WIMBLEY TO OAKLAND

DAWGPOUND16

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oakland's picks in 2010 are nice and high each round, so a 3rd round would be super nice. A 4th would be acceptable. If it's a 5th, then there's more to the story than we know.

low, high...if it weren't for context we'd never have a clue what each other really meant. :D

LOL on this news. Good riddance to Wimbley and Quinn.

More than ever, i believe that Holmgren and Mangini are on the same page, and the future is looking bright indeed.

agreed. i think our boy Rob Ryan is in the room with them too (figuratively).

this invites more complex defensive schemes imo.

I never thought Wimbley fit well in the 3-4 D so going to Oakland should be a great move for him. I wish him much success. He always had a great attitude while he was here.

It doesn't have to be the player SUCKS.. just that the player just doesn't fit into the refined scheme of things.

Could be a player just isn't happy in a 3-4, whatever. If we traded him for less than the Raiders' third round pick this year,

we will have gotten taken on that deal, imho.

Wimbley may not have the burst for going after the passer,....

and there are several terrific 3-4 lb's in this draft.

all said and done, I think the Browns may very well take McClain, or one of a few other lb's in the first round.

This draft is going to be very surprising to us all, I think, and I CAN'T WAIT !

What im really confused about is how is the Quinn trade getting more exposure than this one? I understand that Quinn carries all that hype with him, but we just lost one of our best defensive players and there is only a small paragraph in the Quinn article on ESPN on Wimbley. Hell there is no mention of it at all on the Cleveland Browns website yet...

What im really confused about is how is the Quinn trade getting more exposure than this one? I understand that Quinn carries all that hype with him, but we just lost one of our best defensive players and there is only a small paragraph in the Quinn article on ESPN on Wimbley. Hell there is no mention of it at all on the Cleveland Browns website yet...

I think they weren't going to write a huge article without knowing the compensation. NFL.com says it's a 3rd rounder this year.

I think they weren't going to write a huge article without knowing the compensation. NFL.com says it's a 3rd rounder this year.

Wimbley played pretty solid last year, but I think they just want to get as many young fellas as possible. 3 3rd rounders now is really sweet. Im just wondering if they are going to go QB with the first pick. Also they must have seen enough out of Bernard to think he can start. Or they plan on using Vikune more, who really knows. The good thing is we didn't really get worse by any of these moves this year, we might have gotten a tad better with the extra pick in the 3rd.

Im just wondering if they are going to go QB with the first pick.

man i hope not. and i really, really hope they don't trade up to get clausen or bradford. i think it's just too risky. stay at 7 and get berry if he's there, if not, then haden. there''ll be good qb's int the later rounds.

This draft is going to be very surprising to us all, I think, and I CAN'T WAIT !

I'm really pumped about the draft & look what we already have done...improvement in following areas:

QB..MUCH better tandem

LB..IMHO Benard will easily replace Wimbley

OT..No doubt an upgrade to the right side

TE..Watson can block AND catch

RB..Got a big power back who can catch

Do the moves so far answer all our question marks?..NO, but not only have the Browns upgraded, but they've done it while actually ACQUIRING additional draft picks. In other words, we haven't mortgaged the future for this year & that alone is refreshing. In the draft, I look for them to get a QB (to develop), CB, Safety, & a whole bunch of "best availables".

Now, who was complaining about Holmgren & Co not doing anything the first 24 hours of Free Agency? Are you still upset?

Mike

Go ahead and merge...was beaten to the punch...Still amazed....I hope It's a high draft pick!!! That makes Joe Thomas and DQ as the only guys left from Savage.....grrrrrr

Come on you know better, Wimbley is at best average in the NFL........my guess the best they got was a third round pick ......more likely a fifth

horrible trade

Since 2006, Terrell Suggs 27 sacks, Wimbley 26.5."

Got an alias eh Google? Again, you prove you have no clue what you're watching on Sundays. We just got a 3rd round pick for a situational pass rusher. That's all there is to it. We hosed em!

I was expecting a a complete tear down under mangina but it never happened in the offseason like it should have, at least holmgren is doing it in the offseason but at this point i question many decisions that are being made and the quality of players being brought in and the mangina pets that are mediocre or suck being left alone..

Im slowly losing a little love for these guys but hopefully only temporarily im hoping theres a reason and a plan beyond the obvious...

I have never made a case ever for kicking off a guy for being too stupid, ever.

Athensbuck26 officially is the first one on the list.

Ahh come on now. That is what is fun about being a fan is debating silly stuff... What really gets my panties in a bunch is when people make up trades, signings they said they heard on the radio..

You know what athensbuck is right if we don't end up drafting well with the pick from the Raiders.. Maybe Wimbley will be a stud with better players around him

I was expecting a a complete tear down under mangina but it never happened in the offseason like it should have, at least holmgren is doing it in the offseason but at this point i question many decisions that are being made and the quality of players being brought in and the mangina pets that are mediocre or suck being left alone..

Im slowly losing a little love for these guys but hopefully only temporarily im hoping theres a reason and a plan beyond the obvious...

Keep the Faith man, We are not looking any worse then we did last year. We will compete this year, a winning season would be a good start. Last years start was just terrible. We start fresh and with no Old news, just guys that want to win.

Dude, what does that tell you?

Ahh come on now. That is what is fun about being a fan is debating silly stuff... What really gets my panties in a bunch is when people make up trades, signings they said they heard on the radio..

You know what athensbuck is right if we don't end up drafting well with the pick from the Raiders.. Maybe Wimbley will be a stud with better players around him

No dude this is way worse.

He made an argument about Wimbley's sacks not being "the only stat" after saying he was in the top 10 in sacks, so it was a bad trade. Then comes back with the argument that his sacks were the reason it was a bad trade, mind you the sack totals were wrong anyways. By far the worst series of posts I have ever seen on any board.

The only thing funnier then getting owned is saying someone else got owned, by owning themselves. Wait....

Come on that is funny shit.

Archived