THE BROWNS BOARD

What you think will happen at WR

At this point they've got Stuckey, who gets the job done, but isn't our guy. That leaves Jake Allen, Syndric Steptoe, MoMass, Brian Robiskie and Cribbs. Cribbs was there last year because they had no other effective choice, it's not his natural position, and you can bet they won't play him there as much this year. I say cut Allen and Rob, TRY and trade Stuck or Step, have one stick around because both could be effective backups and draft a couple more.

MoMass will most likely start..my guess is they'll bring in another starting vet who somewhat knows the westcoast offense to help it translate smoothly to the new guys like they're doing at QB. No doubt they'll draft a couple, but what do you guys think?

At this point they've got Stuckey, who gets the job done, but isn't our guy. That leaves Jake Allen, Syndric Steptoe, MoMass, Brian Robiskie and Cribbs. Cribbs was there last year because they had no other effective choice, it's not his natural position, and you can bet they won't play him there as much this year. I say cut Allen and Rob, TRY and trade Stuck or Step, have one stick around because both could be effective backups and draft a couple more.

MoMass will most likely start..my guess is they'll bring in another starting vet who somewhat knows the westcoast offense to help it translate smoothly to the new guys like they're doing at QB. No doubt they'll draft a couple, but what do you guys think?

huh you are saying cut Robiske? Our 2nd round pick from a year ago.. WOW that would really improve our chances. Most WR take at least 2-4 years to develop.. Certainly you wouldnt give up on a second round pick.

My apologies if cut Rob wasnt refering to Mrs Robiskie

can't identify any real deep threat or bona fide possession receiver in current wr stable. any legit eval from last season impossible with dumb and dumber pulling the trigger at qb. offense really had no true identity and direction having to deal with weekly drama and coaching indecisiveness. I could live with bm from denver rolling in but ain't gonna happen due to his high drama potential..jm2cw

can't identify any real deep threat or bona fide possession receiver in current wr stable. any legit eval from last season impossible with dumb and dumber pulling the trigger at qb. offense really had no true identity and direction having to deal with weekly drama and coaching indecisiveness. I could live with bm from denver rolling in but ain't gonna happen due to his high drama potential..jm2cw

Yeah I'd love for us to go after Brandon Marshall.

Marshall & Massaquoi.

Robiskie in the slot.

Stuckey as the fourth guy.

Zombo

Yeah I'd love for us to go after Brandon Marshall.

Marshall & Massaquoi.

Robiskie in the slot.

Stuckey as the fourth guy.

Zombo

Not bad ... I'm not really a fan of Robiskie though, and Massaquoi is a tool. I can't stand the way that kid gives up on plays.

I'm willing to give both another chance ... being the nice guy that I am and all.

They will trade them all for a 7th rounder and some limited edition Pokemon cards. Its like they are working for some other team in our division to set us back even more than we already are with a massive NFL version of a garage sale. Its embaressing!

I am surprised that WR wasn't the first thing addressed by the walrus and crew this offseason. We need some veteran talent at WR badly. Jake Delhomme had Steve Smith to throw to last year and he still imploded. What do you think he is going to do with MoMass as his #1 option? I really hope we snag at least one quality WR this offseason.

The Browns will probably draft one. Carlton Mitchell IS my choice, if they can nab him.

I'd be happy to have Pike and Gilyard both drafted in the third round by the Browns.

But any player they bring in, or draft, will have to fit character wise, and talent wise.

Which leaves out several players in FA and the draft, most notably, Jimmy Claussen. Forget him.

You can't address every hole in a single offseason. The FA recievers are too old or too expensive or have too many problems. We've got two 3rd round picks. I'd expect to see a WR picked in either the 2nd or the third round and maybe one on day two.

Archived