THE BROWNS BOARD

New Beginning ... Browns fans reunite

ATENEARS

I'm gonna miss those days...

-60aa8dcb8dea28d3_custom_665xauto.jpg

Denver goes up 7 - 0 on a 15 yard fade to MArshall in the 1st quarter....

Frye "How did that do that? I always thought TDs were impossible?"

DA "No way you stupid hick! I've thrown A LOT of them to the other team."

Quinn "Hey boyths, How did he srow it so far? Kyle is....so.....cute!"

Out with the old, in with new.

This is a great new beginning (again). Not sure what is in-store for us record wise, but a new beginning for Browns fans to regroup and get back on the same page. The QB controversy caused a lot a rif among Browns fans, here's to partying once again as a group.

The Browns Board had 960 users online at once today. Many new members since October of 2009 when tensions were heated and many more since Holmgren has taken over. It's a new chapter and a new beginning.

Raise your glass to yet another rebirth.

Cheers!

Stan,

I'm already drinking the orange Sh&t! Why the hell not start getting positive about another change. This is kind of the thrid major change since rejoining the league and i'm all for superstition - 3rd time lucky - I'll go for that. This is sending a big message to the team, fans and league - not saying we are playoff bound next year or anything stupid, we may not do better than 5 Ws again this year but...... the days of taking the piss out of Cleveland for having no one holding the rudder are over. I'll get drunk just on that for now.

This news means i have to book a mid season game this year, want to see the bedded in team not the bedding in team. Real drinks in 7 months!

Howie.

This is what had to happen. We have had a negative culture in C-town ever since it was clear that Couch sucked and people wanted to see someone else....and it has carried on ever since.

This is the real change....a chance that is going to produce results....I think as early as next season.

Why not 9-10 wins??

We may not get that many, but I think we at least have a chance.

It's going to be fun watching the draft as we move up and down seeking the next great Cleveland Browns players.

I do strategy for a living and I really don't understand the plan for this team. Since Mangini got here, and now with Holmegren, we continue to "Give Away" first round draft picks and get little to nothing in return for them, this is history repeating itself and our recent history sucks! When Butch Davis got here he traded away all of Chris Palmers draft picks, like wise when Crennel got here he shed all of Davis' picks and now Mangenius and Holmgren are dumping Crennel's first rounders at an alarming rate. I'm not saying any of the previous picks were right or wrong, what i'm saying is that since 1999 this team has seen no stability in its roster which continues to be purged year after year. If you look at the best teams in the NFL over the last 10 years you see that they have a nucleus of core players that don't turnover, but instead use the draft and free agency to fill small holes. Look I'm not saying we need to win the superbowl, but just put a competitive team on the field for a few years in a row. I am a life long fan with many ties to Cleveland, but until there appears to be a sound strategy for this team and we can at least get to .500, I will not be spending my hard earned dollars here.

I do strategy for a living and I really don't understand the plan for this team. Since Mangini got here, and now with Holmegren, we continue to "Give Away" first round draft picks and get little to nothing in return for them, this is history repeating itself and our recent history sucks! When Butch Davis got here he traded away all of Chris Palmers draft picks, like wise when Crennel got here he shed all of Davis' picks and now Mangenius and Holmgren are dumping Crennel's first rounders at an alarming rate. I'm not saying any of the previous picks were right or wrong, what i'm saying is that since 1999 this team has seen no stability in its roster which continues to be purged year after year. If you look at the best teams in the NFL over the last 10 years you see that they have a nucleus of core players that don't turnover, but instead use the draft and free agency to fill small holes. Look I'm not saying we need to win the superbowl, but just put a competitive team on the field for a few years in a row. I am a life long fan with many ties to Cleveland, but until there appears to be a sound strategy for this team and we can at least get to .500, I will not be spending my hard earned dollars here.

It is a poor strategy to hold on to a player that is not contributing just because he is a high choice. We've had players that have been just the opposite- that is they contributed significantly despite being drafted low (or at all). Cribbs and Pontbriand come to mind right away.

Look at what we got for Quinn. That should tell you what his worth was to the team, and to other teams.

This is a win-win-win scenario. For the Browns, Quinn's presence was clearly a distraction for management and the coaching staff. They could not develop their talent with all the disruption caused by the fan base and media. Now they can get to their jobs. For the Broncos, they get a QB with some upside that will play behind their starter (and perhaps compete with him). For Quinn, he gets a fresh start in a good program.

Holmgren had to let hm go. We can focus on football once again. It is a good strategy.

I'll have a Frostie Root Beer on the rocks !

Man that brings home some mems..is it still being bottled? Yose

I don't know. Steve said he saw it, but I have found

"Frosttop" rootbeer at Rural King - it seems to be the same thing.

It's the good stuff.

Barq's, A&W, Dad's, Mug.. they're good.

But Frostie/Frosttop is great.

Where did you get this pic? It doesnt make any sense unless its photoshopped.

There hasn't been a game where Brady has taken snaps while DA holds the clipboard and Charlie does nothing.

Unless it was preseason 2007...hmm...

It was on the Plain Dealer site.

I'm guessing you are right, it had to be pre-season because Frye, Anderson, and Quinn only played in one regular season game together.

It is a poor strategy to hold on to a player that is not contributing just because he is a high choice. We've had players that have been just the opposite- that is they contributed significantly despite being drafted low (or at all). Cribbs and Pontbriand come to mind right away.

Look at what we got for Quinn. That should tell you what his worth was to the team, and to other teams.

This is a win-win-win scenario. For the Browns, Quinn's presence was clearly a distraction for management and the coaching staff. They could not develop their talent with all the disruption caused by the fan base and media. Now they can get to their jobs. For the Broncos, they get a QB with some upside that will play behind their starter (and perhaps compete with him). For Quinn, he gets a fresh start in a good program.

Holmgren had to let hm go. We can focus on football once again. It is a good strategy.

I am not disagreeing with you, but perhaps rather than having a fire sale for our top draft picks we should get something of value for them. See the article below that seems to agree with me. And how is Jake Delhomme an upgrade to Quinn? The Panthers paid him $12M next year to NOT show up at camp and we were willing to give him another $7M on top of that to lead our team. Sorry that is not strategic, that is saying let start over, yet again.

From Yahoo.com

Let's quickly review the value given to the Cleveland Browns from the Brady Quinn(notes) experiment: They spent a first round draft pick on him, watched him play about three good games in three years, and then shipped him off to Denver in exchange for three soiled pairs of these socks.

Not good. That's the kind of thing that cripples an organization. It's the kind of thing that makes the Browns the Browns.

Now, I'm not going to sit here and tell you that Brady Quinn was poised to be the next Bernie Kosar, or even Eric Zeier. But the quarterbacks currently on the Browns roster are Jake Delhomme, Seneca Wallace(notes) and Brett Ratliff(notes). Wallace will be 30 when the season starts and has never proven that he can be a reliable, consistent starter in the NFL. Starting Jake Delhomme(notes) at this point is akin to juggling gasoline-soaked dynamite sticks while standing over a campfire. Ratliff has never thrown an NFL pass.

And there's no room there for Brady Quinn?

The guy wasn't completely without promise. I don't think anyone can look at him and say, "Yes, I am 100 percent certain that Brady Quinn will never be a serviceable NFL quarterback." Maybe 75 percent, but still. He hasn't been a total washout. Given what else they have at quarterback, it's hard for me to believe that Quinn had less value to the organization than Peyton Hillis(notes) and a sixth-round pick.

Maybe the move is less about Quinn himself than it is a symbolic purge of the roster in favor of starting anew. If that's the case, it's certainly understandable, and something I'm sure Browns fans will embrace. Maybe this deal is just a lump that the Browns had to take.

But I don't believe we've heard the last of Brady Quinn. The deal is great news for him, as he'll get a shot in Josh McDaniels' talent-optional offense, where even Kyle Orton(notes) can look good for about half a season. I like his chances of success in Denver better than I like Delhomme's in Cleveland.

But I don't believe we've heard the last of Brady Quinn. The deal is great news for him, as he'll get a shot in Josh McDaniels' talent-optional offense, where even Kyle Orton(notes) can look good for about half a season. I like his chances of success in Denver better than I like Delhomme's in Cleveland.

delhomme is just a stop-gap guy with championship experience that hopefully will rub off on the other guys. i think with all the moves that have been made that we'll definitely be drafting a qb. that's not say that it will be the right pick or that the rookie will become our new kosar or sipe, but all things come with a risk. i agree with trading all of our top picks away for some chump change sucks but someone probably knows a little more than you or me about why things were done the way they were.

not saying that what happened to quinn is right but obviously the new FO wanted to go in another direction and they get paid the big bucks so my opinion means squat.

saw on mike and mike this morning that charlie weiss still believes quinn will be a 'great' nfl qb. well mcdaniels just bought into it. seems to me weiss just went 'all-in' with his reputation. let's see what happens.

LOL!! I remember last year saying how I couldn't wait for this year's draft and it's a little more than a month away. BTW... do you guys think HeckGren have a general idea of what they're going to do with the #7 pick?

They are going to get the front offices picking before us ****faced drunk the night before so we can get Stafford.

And there's no room there for Brady Quinn?

There was no room for Quinn. None.

i guarantee that if you went up and down the ranks of the coaching staff, you would not find one guy that would want him on the roster. There is not a coaching staff in the NFL that could pull that off in this town.

Given that, the only question is whether Holmgren maximized what he got for Quinn.

What do you think he could have got for him? The deal that Holmgren got isn't much different than what most around here speculated. Theoretically, Denver could have waited until he got released and not parted with the draft picks (but then they would have been forced to compete).

As for Quinn, he gets to make $700,000 and live in Denver. They say the summers are spectacular there.

I'm gonna miss those days...

-60aa8dcb8dea28d3_custom_665xauto.jpg

I just figured out Andersons problem. He throws with the wrong hand. He's writing left handed in that picture. No wonder he never knew where the hell the ball was going. If the starts throwing left handed where ever he ends up we need to watch out.

I just figured out Andersons problem. He throws with the wrong hand. He's writing left handed in that picture. No wonder he never knew where the hell the ball was going. If the starts throwing left handed where ever he ends up we need to watch out.

He's just pretending to write. He couldn't read either.

That photo reminds me of when I was celebrating that Brady Quinn was going to slay the Oafwigger and free us from quarterbacking hell.

We got rid of the Wigger, but Brady couldn't get past the Oaf, regardless of how Oafish he played.

It's kind of sad. Two first round picks on Couch and Quinn to be the "face of the franchise" and we got a 6th round pick and a white running back to show for it.

Zombo

--At least our franchise face isn't in a bathroom in backwoods Georgia groping 20 year old girls against their will...

I was hopeful about Quinn's development, but Mike Holmgren has a history of successfully developing and evaluating QBs. If he thought Quinn wasn't worth the time, then he probably wasn't.

Just because he was at one time a first round draft pick doesn't mean he still has that value today. Sometimes it's better to cut your losses and move on instead of investing more time into something that will most likely fail.

I was hopeful about Quinn's development, but Mike Holmgren has a history of successfully developing and evaluating QBs. If he thought Quinn wasn't worth the time, then he probably wasn't.

Just because he was at one time a first round draft pick doesn't mean he still has that value today. Sometimes it's better to cut your losses and move on instead of investing more time into something that will most likely fail.

Holmgren said in yesterday's press conference he didn't have a chance to fairly evaluate Quinn...but he obviously trusts his personnel like Haskell and his scouts to make that recommendation correctly for him.

i did not however, like the way he fumbled some key points, like not knowing that Delhomme's contract was for two years, or how tall Seneca Wallace and Drew Brees are specifically (he had an idea but you could tell he was bs'ing), or that Brett Favre isn't 45, the way they passed topics back and forth....

i know all those things so maybe i'm nitpicking but the jovial old man coach-speak is annoying when it's disorganized and unprepared.

as the President of the organization he still could've quickly found out the basic details on Delhomme's contract before walking into a press conference about it.

Holmgren said in yesterday's press conference he didn't have a chance to fairly evaluate Quinn...but he obviously trusts his personnel like Haskell and his scouts to make that recommendation correctly for him.

i did not however, like the way he fumbled some key points, like not knowing that Delhomme's contract was for two years, or how tall Seneca Wallace and Drew Brees are specifically (he had an idea but you could tell he was bs'ing), or that Brett Favre isn't 45, the way they passed topics back and forth....

i know all those things so maybe i'm nitpicking but the jovial old man coach-speak is annoying when it's disorganized and unprepared.

as the President of the organization he still could've quickly found out the basic details on Delhomme's contract before walking into a press conference about it.

I think your nitpicking, that man has bigger fish to fry. He is looking at the big picture.

Edit: or he could be doing some of that on purpose before the draft. He is acting like there is a lot up in the air, but you bet your ass most of that is figured out and he doesn't want to tip his hand.

As you know...I'm always In. I think we're headed into the right direction. A team that can kick as on the front lines and hopefully score a few.

Go Browns!

Doug

As you ALL KNOW I PISSED ON THe TEAMS DirecTION sINCE 2000...............................

AND HERE i AM ALL OPTIMISTIC

I MUST BE TROLL SCROUNGE BUG WITH NO USEFUL VALUE

SEE YA'ALL AT SOME GAMES NEXT YEAR...................TOO COOL

This is what had to happen. We have had a negative culture in C-town ever since it was clear that Couch sucked and people wanted to see someone else....and it has carried on ever since.

This is the real change....a chance that is going to produce results....I think as early as next season.

Why not 9-10 wins??

We may not get that many, but I think we at least have a chance.

It's going to be fun watching the draft as we move up and down seeking the next great Cleveland Browns players.

GREAT POST BALLPEEN, I AM READY TO DUST OFF BROWNS GEAR AND START BEING PROUD AGAIN.................DAMN WE LIVED THROUGH TOTAL STUPIDITY FOR MANY YEARS...fans included

I doubt it got very dusty with all that Steeler stuff on top of it.

Zombo

You know what I have loved both teams all my football life for different reasons. I am now real happy about the last nine months is Brownstown. The Steelers are what they the best franchise in football. Piss on winning if you are stupid. Before that all the world was BROWNSTOWN........WHINING ABOUT WHO i LIKE IS STUPID................

BUT BEING A WINNER AGAIN IS SUPREME

THIS IS THE BEST PLACE THE BROWNS HAVE BEEN IN A LONG TIME

GREAT POST BALLPEEN, I AM READY TO DUST OFF BROWNS GEAR AND START BEING PROUD AGAIN.................

you've always gotta be proud dude, even in the bad years

I have to give you bigtime credit, Rich !

You've come back to being a BROWNS fan even

before they've gone to the superbowl !

Cool.

I have to give you bigtime credit, Rich !

You've come back to being a BROWNS fan even

before they've gone to the superbowl !

Cool.

Rich has always been a good fan.....sometimes parents need to practice tough love...sometimes fans need to do the same

a fire sale on our 1st rounders is indicative of how bad we've drafted for the past 10 years.

but lets not assume these guys will continue the norm....everyone up till now never had success, or was too young to have the opportunity.

Archived