THE BROWNS BOARD

Who watches the History Channel?

Mr. T

Who watches the History channel? What is your favorite show?

Well for starters I enjoy watching a couple of shows such as Lock N' Loaded and American Pickers Here.

locknload01.jpg

I used to watch Lock N' Loaded before I downgraded my cable. The dude is funny as hell.

I used to watch Lock N' Loaded before I downgraded my cable. The dude is funny as hell.

Since you still have the internet you can catch all of the shows in the links above. They are underlined.

Since you still have the internet you can catch all of the shows in the links above. They are underlined.

Sweet. I've been spending my free time scouting my fantasy baseball team and watching video on young prospects. I am on pick #34 with #28 keepers to start. 44 total players. I mean I am down to drafting a Lyle Overbay. Thing has been going on for 2 weeks.

Who watches the History channel? What is your favorite show?

Well for starters I enjoy watching a couple of shows such as Lock N' Loaded and American Pickers Here.

locknload01.jpg

I used to do some buying and selling on eBay although not even close to what the pickers do. Something about the thin guy bothers me so I don't generally watch the show.

On the other hand, Pawn Stars is excellent - both from knowledge and entertainment viewpoints.

We watch American Pickers - there's a house out in the country, just falling apart...

it still has books and stuff in it, and the owner just wants to let it stay there as is.

No telling what the heyl might be in it... I mentioned to someone who knows him, that

I would be interested in looking around,

and I am really intrigued with treasure hunting there with my Garrett 250 treasure finder.

That, and looking through our 14 acres of woods.

crap. I need 48 hr days this spring. @@

I used to do some buying and selling on eBay although not even close to what the pickers do. Something about the thin guy bothers me so I don't generally watch the show.

On the other hand, Pawn Stars is excellent - both from knowledge and entertainment viewpoints.

I had the same feeling, that guy isn't right. But I do enjoy watching while learning what kind of old stuff/junk that you can turn a buck on.

Whenever Im out hunting and run acrossed an old junk pile, I always take a few minutes to shift through it.

I had the same feeling, that guy isn't right. But I do enjoy watching while learning what kind of old stuff/junk that you can turn a buck on.

Whenever Im out hunting and run acrossed an old junk pile, I always take a few minutes to shift through it.

I like to look too - especially for 78 RPM records but not the garden variety type 'commonly' found.

I like to look too - especially for 78 RPM records but not the 'garden variety' type commonly found - if 'commonly' is an accurate term in relative ways.

I remember my dad had an old radio/record player that played the 78's he had a few old records. I can check with my mom and see if she still has any.

I remember my dad had an old radio/record player that played the 78's he had a few old records. I can check with my mom and see if she still has any.

Don't go out of your way, T, but is there is a list..........................

FYI, I am not interested in Big Bands, Crosby/Sinatra/Como type or Symphone/Classical.

Generally Jazz or Blues - both difficult to find for several reasons (especially Blues).

Don't go out of your way, T, but is there is a list..........................

FYI, I am not interested in Big Bands, Crosby/Sinatra/Como type or Symphone/Classical.

Generally Jazz or Blues - both difficult to find for several reasons (especially Blues).

Well John I checked and could not find anything in 78's but he did have a stack of old country albums. I will keep an eye out when going to various junk/rummage sales.

Who do you prefer? Cab Calloway

Well John I checked and could not find anything in 78's but he did have a stack of old country albums. I will keep an eye out when going to various junk/rummage sales.

Who do you prefer? Cab Calloway

Anything on the Black Patti Label. I will tell you a secret - if you ever see a 78 on this label, BUY IT FAST. Just give me a finders fee, LOL.

This label is the Holy Grail of the record collecting business. It was the country's first black owned label and they produced only 42 (?) offerings - all in 1928.

I found one at a garage sale once and paid, probably, about 25 cents (it was among a handfull of other things) and sold it for $870 + insurance + shipping and handling.

The Black Swan label is hard to find, albeit a weak sister to the Black Patti label.

Rural areas of NC might be a good hunting ground.

Some of the 78s were actually market 'Negro Music' or something like that. The quality of the records, themselves, was poor compared to records produced for upscale audiences. There were also played on poor quality equipment. They were not saved as heirlooms. Therefore, relatively few made it through to this day. Supply and demand are strongly at play.

Just about the opposite of everything I said for music played on upscale products like Victor Victrola and Edison. In contrast, though, this stuff is readily available for 78 RPM enthusiasts.

Anything on the Black Patti Label. I will tell you a secret - if you ever see a 78 on this label, BUY IT FAST. Just give me a finders fee, LOL.

This label is the Holy Grail of the record collecting business. It was the country's first black owned label and they produced only 42 (?) offerings - all in 1928.

I found one at a garage sale once and paid, probably, about 25 cents (it was among a handfull of other things) and sold it for $870 + insurance + shipping and handling.

The Black Swan label is hard to find, albeit a weak sister to the Black Patti label.

Rural areas of NC might be a good hunting ground.

Some of the 78s were actually market 'Negro Music' or something like that. The quality of the records, themselves, was poor compared to records produced for upscale audiences. There were also played on poor quality equipment. They were not saved as heirlooms. Therefore, relatively few made it through to this day. Supply and demand are strongly at play.

Just about the opposite of everything I said for music played on upscale products like Victor Victrola and Edison. In contrast, though, this stuff is readily available for 78 RPM enthusiasts.

If you can send me an email I have a list for you, I visited a garage sale today and I believe it is a good find. a few 78's and plenty of christmas 33's with some really nice elvis presley albums. Just let me know which ones you like, I can always ebay the rest of them.

I used to really enjoy Ice Road Truckers.

I really like Ice Road Truckers! I can't wait until it starts again. My favorite is Alex Debogorski. He has one big family to support for sure. Then there is Hugh. The Polar Bear is an A**hole but knows his job but I think he should stay up north.

I don't like when they have all that programming that has nothing to do with history.

No offense, but Ice Road Truckers, Axe Men, all this gang crap they do, should be on the Discovery Channel or some such Channel, not the History Channel.

I have mixed feelings about the Pawn Stars and American Pickers stuff. They do get into questions about history when they talk about some of these artifacts, but they are still not my cup of tea.

Last night, or Saturday, they had a good story where they were chasing down the legends of Jesse James. That is the sort of thing I prefer.

I used to watch it, but then it became saturated with shit like Ice Road truckers, Axe Men, and worst of all, absolute trash like Monster Quest. The only thing still worth watching on it is Modern Marvels. I'm gonna have to agree with Gip, shows like that should be on Discovery Channel or TLC. What the shit do they have to do with history? Also, there was a xxxxing episode of monster quest about a smallish fish biting people's ankles. WTF.

I don't like when they have all that programming that has nothing to do with history.

No offense, but Ice Road Truckers, Axe Men, all this gang crap they do, should be on the Discovery Channel or some such Channel, not the History Channel.

I have mixed feelings about the Pawn Stars and American Pickers stuff. They do get into questions about history when they talk about some of these artifacts, but they are still not my cup of tea.

Last night, or Saturday, they had a good story where they were chasing down the legends of Jesse James. That is the sort of thing I prefer.

I like some of the others, but I understand where you are coming from. A few days ago they had a great perspective on the life of Andrew Jackson.

I like some of the others, but I understand where you are coming from. A few days ago they had a great perspective on the life of Andrew Jackson.

Yea, I am not saying there is no place for Ice Truckers and Axe Men, but the History Channel, to me, is not the place.

Archived