THE BROWNS BOARD

Peyton Hillis

Athensbuck26

just a more experianced Toby Gerhart

just 81 Carries since 2008 so still has alot of tred left

played WR/TE/FB/KR and RB at Arkansas

6'1 245 4.55 40 4.24 20 yd Shuttle 30 rep at 225 28 inch vert

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...yers/12375.html

BIOGRAPHY: Three-year starter who totaled 62/347/2 on the ground last season when he led Arkansas in receiving with 49/537/5. Junior-year totals included pass-catching numbers of 19/159. Has lined up at both fullback and tailback. Used to return punts the past three seasons.

POSITIVES: Athletic lead blocker who.s also been productive handling the ball. Plays with a good degree of quickness, shows good vision, and fast enough to turn the corner and create space for the ball-carrier. Works hard, seals opponents from the action, and chips defenders to open lanes for running backs. Effective receiver who adjusts to the errant throw and makes the reception in stride. Possesses the speed to be a downfield pass-catching threat. Instinctive, immediately picks up blitzes, and stays with assignments.

NEGATIVES: Marginally strong at the point, gathers into blocks, and rarely finishes off defenders. Does a lot of unnecessary cut-blocking. Lacks top ball-carrying skills.

ANALYSIS: Hillis is an oversized running back who lacks the pure strength to be a lead blocker. His pass-catching skills and athleticism are best suited for a west coast offense.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile...rospect_id=1376

When you're in the same backfield with Darren McFadden and Felix Jones, it's easy to get overshadowed. But Hillis deserves a lot of the credit for the Razorbacks' dynamic tailbacks putting up such big numbers. He certainly helped open some running lanes. But, Hillis is more than a one-dimensional blocker. He rushed for 327 yards and two touchdowns on 57 carries and was even more effective in the passing game, hauling in a team-high 44 receptions for 485 yards and five TDs.

Hillis is more athletic than most fullbacks, as well as faster. He runs a 4.55 in the 40-yard dash. He has tremendous receiving skills and understands the game. Scouts love his motor. His combination of speed and size makes him valuable in a number of roles, with him having the potential to be a force on special teams.

Scouts question whether he has the bulk to be a true NFL fullback. He needs to become a better blocker. He hasn't shown the power to be a consistent short-yardage threat. While he has good speed, he isn't elusive. Some scouts wonder about his durability. He won't be suited for some schemes, but should fit in with a West Coast offense. He has the potential to contribute in several ways. He projects to be a mid-round selection in the NFL Draft.

Harrison will be the starter, but Hillis is the PERFECT compliment to Harrison. Harrison is quick and shifty and a home run threat, and Hillis is a 240-lb. ramrod who can pound the ball on short yardage and run downhill when we need to eat clock.

I really love the Quinn trade. I want to marry Mike Holmgren.

Zombo

Being from Arkansas and watching Hillis through his entire college career, I love this pick up..Hillis has great hands, great size, and deceptive speed. He isnt a 4.4 guy or anything but get him in the open field and once he is moving, he keeps it going and is extremely hard to tackle.

I hope we utilize him for what he is and not just a fullback. He can play RB just as well as anyone on our team and has probably a better reception threat than anyone coming out of the backfield.

When you consider that Toby Gerhart is probably ? a second round pick, maybe? even a late first round?

and you watch Hillis' highlight reel that somebody posted... wow.

Nice trade, with some late round picks added. Hillis seems to be more agile and elusive to me, than scouts seem to give

Toby credit for.

Great, great pickup !

^

I like how everyone's highlight video features a lot of Browns.

Edit: He made jones and Wimbley look like bitches. hmmmmmmmmmm

Another reason we are drafting 7th this year.

Vickers is a pretty darn good receiving Fullback as it is ... wonder what gives with two similar players?

Vickers was a monster at lead blocking last season. Will we see both Vickers & Hillis in the smae backfield? That could be scary.

Harrison will be the starter, but Hillis is the PERFECT compliment to Harrison. Harrison is quick and shifty and a home run threat, and Hillis is a 240-lb. ramrod who can pound the ball on short yardage and run downhill when we need to eat clock.

I really love the Quinn trade. I want to marry Mike Holmgren.

Zombo

we'll see

i highly doubt it

no just realistis

theres a good chance Harrison wont even be on the team next year he could get traded

he didnt even play till what the last 5 games and you think it a lock he will start

LMFAO HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

No, seriously. I've followed you in this thread and the Wimbley thread and all I can say is that I hope you are trying to sound as stupid as you do.

Or maybe you are just another troll with no life.

Zombo

no just realistis

theres a good chance Harrison wont even be on the team next year he could get traded

he didnt even play till what the last 5 games and you think it a lock he will start

LMFAO HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You should have been aborted. That is all.

No, seriously. I've followed you in this thread and the Wimbley thread and all I can say is that I hope you are trying to sound as stupid as you do.

Or maybe you are just another troll with no life.

Zombo

comming from a guy who thinks Harrison will start

LMFAO HAHAHAHAHA

he had 4 fluke games

he will be PS all year im sorry i know everything aboutanything and you just cant accept he fact anything i say is gold andalways happends

im the greatestxxxxing thing to ever walk this earth i made Jesus bend over and suck my ass

LMFAO HAHAHAHAHA

he had 4 fluke games

he will be PS all year im sorry i know everything aboutanything and you just cant accept he fact anything i say is gold andalways happends

im the greatestxxxxing thing to ever walk this earth i made Jesus bend over and suck my ass

Okay, so you really are an idiot. I was wondering all this time. It's good to know.

LMFAO HAHAHAHAHA

he had 4 fluke games

Hey Google, please tell me you wear a #1 jersey with Athensbuck or your other monicre on the back to the stadium on Sundays. It's not that you're annoying, it's that everytime you speak, I lose a little more faith in humanity.

i doubt you kno anything about football

Where do I start with this comment? Dude you are the officially the Retard of the board. Just go back and look at your posts. I am having a laugh at your Wimbley posts right now. People don't even need to comment back to you to be funny, you do it all yourself. Like a Retard trying to wipe his ass. LOL.

i doubt you kno anything about football

Hmm... says the guy who can't even refer to the correct person... I will spell it out for you...

There is nobody in the NFL named Payton Hillis.

Peyton Hillis maybe, but not Payton Hillis.

You want Hammer Hillis bustin heads out in front of the rb. i can also envision Hillis taking the quick pass over the middle and rambling like a mad man. i love this quick hit over the middle aspect of WCO. it can demoralize the best defense. his highlight reel is off the j

I like Athens, he is the poor mans Lumberg !

Nah. If it weren’t for content and blatant homerism, at least Lumbergh sounded somewhat intelligent. Athens just makes bold statements without anything to back them up, and ends up consistently being wrong, but won’t admit it. Completely different. Lumbergh was a loser, Athens is a tool.

Mike Lombardi of the National Football Post doesn't believe that newly acquired Peyton Hillis is a lock to make the Browns' roster.

Lombardi questions Hillis' "blocking and production without the ball," in addition to the fullback/tailback's toughness. We'd argue that Hillis' versatility could be a nice fit in Mike Holmgren's West Coast scheme. Holmgren may envision Hillis in the same mold as longtime Packers FB William Henderson.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Diner-...r-the-Jets.html

Mike Lombardi of the National Football Post doesn't believe that newly acquired Peyton Hillis is a lock to make the Browns' roster.

Lombardi questions Hillis' "blocking and production without the ball," in addition to the fullback/tailback's toughness. We'd argue that Hillis' versatility could be a nice fit in Mike Holmgren's West Coast scheme. Holmgren may envision Hillis in the same mold as longtime Packers FB William Henderson.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Diner-...r-the-Jets.html

He better, otherwise the trade was worthless.

It is comments like this that make some media folk seem like they are just talking to talk. I mean seriously. The Browns will keep him around for at least 1 year, if for no other reason than to save face.

Archived