THE BROWNS BOARD

Cowher being pursued

We need Tom Tupa

Also, this gives Pitt fan even more leverage against us. If Cowher doesn't turn this team into a winner all we'll hear is how we can't even win by hiring the enemy. I just see more bad than good coming out of this, and you are exactly correct regarding Queerdell. A lot of Pitt die hards never were that much in love with Cowher and had lots of issues with his failure to advance far enough with a lot of really, really good teams.

on point as always....and i have to live in that shithole, so id rather not give them any more fuel to liven up the fire.

It's mid-season .... there is no way this would leak down to the level of dollar figures and terms of a deal. Hell, such details aren't usually even available AFTER a signing, let alone in this situation.

No, this is yet another assine belly-aching whine from collerctive Browns fans that will once again tarnsih another half a season. They got their whiney ass way with Brady Quinn and before that dust settles, they get their cries heard regarding something else (a coaching change).

Yeah ... Cowher has to be real interested in coming here ... to coach for this fan base ....

Maybe he is out of touch with reality and thinks this is the same fan base we had here in the 80's, and not the cry babies we are today.

Bellichick has got to be laughing in his film room.

Rac shoulda been removed at the bye week and replaced by chud until the end of the season this organization is a mess and sucks so bad it turning once die hard browns fans into ex-nfl fans i hardly think this organization is what we wanted to have after art modell left with the real team anyone who thinks romeo crennel is a good coach is blind and or stupid he sucks and his staff of buckeye and pitt state rejects suck even worse than him lerner has to do something right for once and get the right guy/s to run this pathetic mess of a team...

I think calling browns fans whiners is wrong we should be doing more than whining we should be putting a noose around randys wallet for being a panzy ass owner and turning our smash mouth football blue collar mentality browns into a white collar pussy ass crybaby whiner team that hasnt learned how to win and lacks a tuffness to get it done at all levels of this organization..

Lets face it buddy this owner and these browns suck ass and are only a shadow of what they should be or use to be...whine?

You bet.. the people of cleveland fought their asses off to keep the colors and the history but they seem to have given in and sucked up to an owner that generates big bucks in brownstown and sold out on demanding a team from that crap owner thats not the nfls laughing stock..

The browns history is now tainted and clevelanders have got nothing but dissapointment from this organization from 1999 to god only knows when..before lerner sells the team or gets the right people to run it..

This is the worst organization in the nfl except maybe oakland wake up to some reality here...

Guys, Romeo's departure and the Browns' interest in Cowher is the worst kept secret in football if not all of sports.

Caplan had the odds at 50/50 like a month ago.

there is a chance he woudl be willing to work with savage. after all he did retire, and is getting older, if he come back to coach who knows, maybe he won't want to do both jobs anymore.

Why would a winner like Cowher who had complete control of the Steelers want to work for a loser like Savage.........that is INSANE AND WILL NOT HAPPEN...........you here me Shep......IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

There are plenty of teams that will give Cowher complete control and some of you are living in dream that he will work for our LOSER IN CHARGE Savage..........HILARIOUS

Cowher comes here only one way Savage is fired and and he makes himself GM and coach

Why would a winner like Cowher who had complete control of the Steelers want to work for a loser like Savage.........that is INSANE AND WILL NOT HAPPEN...........you here me Shep......IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

There are plenty of teams that will give Cowher complete control and some of you are living in dream that he will work for our LOSER IN CHARGE Savage..........HILARIOUS

Cowher comes here only one way Savage is fired and and he makes himself GM and coach

well seeing as how i included a reason why in my post that you quoted. i'll just quote myself to answer your question.

after all he did retire, and is getting older, if he come back to coach who knows, maybe he won't want to do both jobs anymore.

I agree Rich.

While I wouldn't say it is impossible Cowher takes the team with Savage in place as it is....I would say the odds are pretty remote he comes here if he doesn't hold the veto power.

Why on earth would Cowher come to coach the Browns? Does he need the money? Why would he come to Cleveland, for the culture? The cuisine? To converse with the brilliant fans? Do you fools have one working brain cell left among you? He coached for 15 years, made the playoffs in ten of them, won a Super Bowl. Six of his assistants have become NFL head coaches. What is left to prove?

You couldn't win even WITH Cowher because your organization stinks. Tomlin is only the THIRD Steeler head coach in the last 40 years. Pittsburgh has stability and builds for the long haul. As a result if the team is bad it isn't for long. In fact the Steelers have consecutive bad years only about as often as the Browns have consecutive GOOD years. I almost hope the Browns beat the Steelers in December so you pathetic nothings will have something to crow about while you get drunk the rest of the winter in mom and dad's basement where you live. You actually will have a shot since the starters will be rested in that meaningless game to get the backups some playing time. You know, like another preseason game.

Hey Buck,

If that is what the Steelers do, rest their starters during a divisional game than that says how sad the Steelers are, did the Buckeyes rest their starters yesterday, no not when you are playing a rivalry game.

I dont mind Cowher as far as motivating players but his conservative approach to offense scares the livin daylights out of me!

Hey Buck,

If that is what the Steelers do, rest their starters during a divisional game than that says how sad the Steelers are, did the Buckeyes rest their starters yesterday, no not when you are playing a rivalry game.

If a game is being played after the division is won - and I do not presume that yet - and as banged up as they have been, I would say that they probably will sit out the starters. And it's not much of a rivalry anymore, except from the Cleveland end. Pittsburgh's rivalry is with the Ratbirds.

i've learned to not believe any local sports rumor unless it is reported in the Plain Dealer or on local TV news. This story was on Channel 5 this evening. If we get Bill, it will be the best Browns news that i've heard since the announcement that the team was returning in 1999. The part that is weird is that if Bill won't partner with Savage, then who is approaching him? And if it is a close confidant of Lerner's, who leaked this? Again, this was covered on local TV. It's more than an internet rumor.

For the record, i believe the odds of Bill coming here are 50/50, and will remain at that level until he makes a decision.

Can you imagine seeing Palomalu in the Orange and Brown.... :lol::blink:

Archived