THE BROWNS BOARD

Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?

jrb12711

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brady Quinn and Jay Cutler - both have been hyped but neither has produced much yet. And still the ad naseum reports about how they will improve a team.

Most hyped in the draft: Jimmy Clausen and Sam Bradford - I wouldn't pick either in the top ten. Too much money. Too much risk.

Vince Young

Carson Palmer

Hines Ward

Jay Cutler

Terrel Owens

Hines Ward is overrated? :rolleyes: It's okay to hate the guy, but lets not be dumb. Elaborate on how he's overrated, I'd love to hear it from you and anyone else claiming he is....

Hines Ward is overrated? :rolleyes: It's okay to hate the guy, but lets not be dumb. Elaborate on how he's overrated, I'd love to hear it from you and anyone else claiming he is....

Because many fans still consider him one of the best WR in the league, hands down. The guy was a great player for a long time but he's lost a step and no longer belongs with the elite. He plays his role with Pittsburgh well, can still pull in a hell of a catch once in a while, and is still a hell of a blocker, possibly still the best blocking receiver in the NFL, but an elite receiver overall? No more. I'm aware I could have put other players on my list, but maybe the fact that he still resorts to blindsiding rookies pushed me to toss him up there. Let's not be dumb and get upset over messageboard opinions.

I know this won't be a popular choice, but I think it is Darrelle Revis. If he is the greatest corner to ever play the game, then he is just a little overhyped. I, however, believe he is not and won't be remembered as a top 10 CB when his career is done. The media exploded on him for some reason, and the fans soon followed. I am not saying he isn't good. From the handful of games I watched him play I just wouldn't say he played at an elite level, just good.

If he turns out to be Jesus, i'll admit he was worth the hype, otherwise I'll stick to believing what what I see more than what I hear.

-Thomas

I know this won't be a popular choice, but I think it is Darrelle Revis. If he is the greatest corner to ever play the game, then he is just a little overhyped. I, however, believe he is not and won't be remembered as a top 10 CB when his career is done. The media exploded on him for some reason, and the fans soon followed. I am not saying he isn't good. From the handful of games I watched him play I just wouldn't say he played at an elite level, just good.

If he turns out to be Jesus, i'll admit he was worth the hype, otherwise I'll stick to believing what what I see more than what I hear.

-Thomas

Uh, I think he is a very good corner, but because he plays in New York, naturally there is going to be an overhype factor. Could you imagine if someone like Antoine Winfield had played in NY? They would have already had him in the Hall of Fame

Good one. Too bad mopaji already beat you to it. You guys are almost trolls at this point

Ah, I see how this works. I don't agree with you about a runningback who's had 4 good games in 4 years, so that automatically makes me a troll. Completely disregard the fact that I contribute much more to this forum in terms of actual conversation; I'm simply a troll because I'm not proclaiming Harrison to be Jesus like everybody else.

yet 4 Super Bowl Rings between the two of them... LOL, Yes you have a Clue !!! Not !

Football fans have nothing to do with reality.............it is only emotion and denial of everything that differs from that emotion..........much like Republicans

Hines Wards is UNDERATED! Despite not having an ACL in his left knee he ranks among the top all-time.

12th all-time in receptions. (25 behind Tory Holt and 31 behind Randy Moss, who has been in the league one more year than Ward) 56 more catches will put Hines in the top 10 even if he doesn't pass a current player.

24th all-time in recieving yards. 2,500 more would likely get him to the top ten. He just needs 625 yards a year for 4 more years.

79th all-time in all-purpose yards. Although if he gets his 2,500 more recieving yards he will be around 45th.

51st all-time in touchdowns. 15 more put him around 25th and 25 more gets him in top 15.

Strong stats along with a Super Bowl MVP and ability to block puts him in the HOF, in my opinion.

Check at this site for a whole bunch of stats in all different sports.

(the link takes you to Ward's page but you can navigate from there....challenge....find out what stat Cribbs currently ranks tied for 1st place all-time in)

Hines Wards is UNDERATED! Despite not having an ACL in his left knee he ranks among the top all-time.

12th all-time in receptions. (25 behind Tory Holt and 31 behind Randy Moss, who has been in the league one more year than Ward) 56 more catches will put Hines in the top 10 even if he doesn't pass a current player.

24th all-time in recieving yards. 2,500 more would likely get him to the top ten. He just needs 625 yards a year for 4 more years.

79th all-time in all-purpose yards. Although if he gets his 2,500 more recieving yards he will be around 45th.

51st all-time in touchdowns. 15 more put him around 25th and 25 more gets him in top 15.

Strong stats along with a Super Bowl MVP and ability to block puts him in the HOF, in my opinion.

and the dirtiest player in the league. hope he lasts four more years, more games for the other teams to take him out. like the garbage he is.

(the link takes you to Ward's page but you can navigate from there....challenge....find out what stat Cribbs currently ranks tied for 1st place all-time in)

He is #1 in league history in passes caught that were thrown by a rapist.

and the dirtiest player in the league. hope he lasts four more years, more games for the other teams to take him out. like the garbage he is.

Don't forget the "Ward Rule", put into place becuase Ward is a football player lining up at reciever, not a primodona. To bad some self-proclaimed "tough" linebackers and safetys couldn't play by the same rules every other defensive player played by the past 9 decades.

Archived