THE BROWNS BOARD

Steelers stay in Super Bowl Hunt

bennyboone

Steelers have resigned two super bowl veterans - Larry Foote and Randell El.

Smart moves and not over paying for great talent.

this is what gives us the edge over the Browns who are seemingly lost with all of their moves. Jake Delhomme? his career is over. He was a laughingstock his last two years in Carolina. He is one of the last holdovers from the defunct NFL Europe experiment.. Talk about an interception machine..

Seneca Wallace? 2003 draft choice who was pegged as a receiver. His highlight is winning two pre-season games in 2008.

Ben Watson? Brady never threw to him. He is slow and average and the Pats gladly gave him to the know nothing about football Browns.

I love to see the Browns making their yearly blunders, it solidifies the basement position in the AFC North.

Steelers are still the big bully on the block and playing the Browns has become a scrimmage game on our way to division titles, championships, and super bowls.

Holmgren? what a joke - he was fired as the GM of Seattle..seems like he surrounds himself with losers..and he got a spanked by Pittsburgh in super bowl XL.

talk about putting a team of shitheads together...funny!

Lerner is just a big bank account for the washed up players and coaches in this league.

I'm trying think what might be worse than being the Basement dweller Browns...Oh, I know....getting owned by them and then sent back to Pittsburgh with their tails between their legs!

Try talking smack during a year when your team doesn't look like sh**!

look like shit? you moron, we almost made the playoffs after winning a Super Bowl you twit..

last time the Browns made the playoffs the Steelers took a dump on their heads.. you people do not belong, you do not know how to win football games.

your record is sad.

i put that in bold so you can see wat you said "almost" but u didnt cuz u lost to the browns there fore u sat your ass on the couch and watch just like us why cuz u lost to the browns hell maybe if u guys won against us maybe big ben wouldnt have tried to rape another girl cuz he would have been more worried about football but YOU LOST TO US so shut up and get over it

this is what gives us the edge over the Browns who are seemingly lost with all of their moves. Jake Delhomme? his career is over. He was a laughingstock his last two years in Carolina. He is one of the last holdovers from the defunct NFL Europe experiment.. Talk about an interception machine..

Seneca Wallace? 2003 draft choice who was pegged as a receiver. His highlight is winning two pre-season games in 2008.

Ben Watson? Brady never threw to him. He is slow and average and the Pats gladly gave him to the know nothing about football Browns.

I love to see the Browns making their yearly blunders, it solidifies the basement position in the AFC North.

Steelers are still the big bully on the block and playing the Browns has become a scrimmage game on our way to division titles, championships, and super bowls.

Holmgren? what a joke - he was fired as the GM of Seattle..seems like he surrounds himself with losers..and he got a spanked by Pittsburgh in super bowl XL.

Lerner is just a big bank account for the washed up players and coaches in this league.

LOL, you want to talk washed up, that would be Foote and Randle El. Looks like your SB winning qb is in a heap of trouble down Georgia way. He spends some time in the slammer, you're going to wish you had Jake Delhomme.

I hate the Browns with a burning passion, but the fate of our team rests in the hands of a bunch of hicks from Sticks, Ga. We are in no shape to be criticizing the Browns at this point of time. Especially when they are making more moves than Ex-Lax in free agency and are improving by the hour.

you have a lot of catching up to do to be the king of super bowls. 44 years and you haven't won a single super bowl or even been in one..

that's right Cleveland.. you aren't good in this era of 44 years...long time to be losers while the steelers dominated with 6 big ones..

can't touch this! you can't touch this! MC Hammer

well if you want to count championships here you go!

Steelers Division championships (19)

* AFC Central: 1972, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1983, 1984, 1992, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001

* AFC North: 2002, 2004, 2007, 2008

Steelers Conference championships (7)

* AFC: 1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 1995, 2005, 2008

Steelers Super Bowl Championships (6)

1974 (IX), 1975 (X), 1978 (XIII), 1979 (XIV), 2005 (XL), 2008 (XLIII)

League championships (8)

* AAFC Championships (4)

1946, 1947, 1948, 1949

* NFL Championships (4)

1950, 1954, 1955, 1964

Conference championships (11)

* NFL American: 1950, 1951, 1952

* NFL Eastern: 1953, 1954, 1955, 1957, 1964, 1965, 1968, 1969

Division championships (13)

* AAFC Western: 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949

* NFL Century: 1967, 1968, 1969

* AFC Central: 1971, 1980, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1989

I hate the Browns with a burning passion, but the fate of our team rests in the hands of a bunch of hicks from Sticks, Ga. We are in no shape to be criticizing the Browns at this point of time. Especially when they are making more moves than Ex-Lax in free agency and are improving by the hour.

reasonable evaluation from an inbred halfwit..you are pitful as helll if you allow them georgia boorays to sully the image of Ben Gay...yalll must take some corrective action if you truly are steeler fans... i am afraid your time is runnig out to salvage the career of the bisexual rapist from Findlay, OH

well if you want to count championships here you go!

Steelers Division championships (19)

* AFC Central: 1972, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1983, 1984, 1992, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001

* AFC North: 2002, 2004, 2007, 2008

Steelers Conference championships (7)

* AFC: 1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 1995, 2005, 2008

Steelers Super Bowl Championships (6)

1974 (IX), 1975 (X), 1978 (XIII), 1979 (XIV), 2005 (XL), 2008 (XLIII)

You think you're the first troll her boy? Go to bed and impregnate your cousin, I mean wife.

League championships (8)

* AAFC Championships (4)

1946, 1947, 1948, 1949

* NFL Championships (4)

1950, 1954, 1955, 1964

sounds like a small resume without super bowls.. LOL..

League championships (8)

* AAFC Championships (4)

1946, 1947, 1948, 1949

* NFL Championships (4)

1950, 1954, 1955, 1964

sounds like a small NFL resume without super bowls.. LOL..

Oh really?

Us? What? Do you have a mouse in your pocket? Are you on the Steeler payroll?

And as far as being the bully on the block, last time I looked, the Bengals are defending division champs, and the Ravens made the playoffs where the Steelers stayed home.....because the lost to the lowly Browns late in the season.

So, if you are the bully, you are of the Scut Farkas variety.....the bully who went home crying with a bloody nose.

you have a lot of catching up to do to be the king of super bowls. 44 years and you haven't won a single super bowl or even been in one..

that's right Cleveland.. you aren't good in this era of 44 years...long time to be losers while the steelers dominated with 6 big ones..

Funny, though. If history started only 44 years ago maybe we in the US would be speaking Aramaic, or Tagalog. But it didn't.

The history of pro football goes back to 1920. Just because you are too young or too stupid to understand that, it is still a fact.

Does anyone understand all of this verbal diarrhea. Once again stupid trolls trying to change the subject when the "star" of their team can't keep his hands to himself. They are all a bunch of Biatches

Does anyone understand all of this verbal diarrhea. Once again stupid trolls trying to change the subject when the "star" of their team can't keep his hands to himself. They are all a bunch of Biatches

I think the only thing that saves Ben is:

Money%20stacks.jpg

I think the only thing that saves Ben is:

Money%20stacks.jpg

That and hiring Ray Lewis' attorney. You can bet the ranch Ben hired that PI to try and dig up dirt on his accuser, ala Kobe.

I just love how those Pittsburg trolls have selective memory. Like the history of the NFL started in 1970, when after 37 years of sheer suckage, the Steelers finally became a decent team. That's right troll boy- 37 YEARS- no playoff apperances, including a perfect 0-10 season in 1944. I'll remind you the sucky Steelrs of that era were so great at talent evaluation, they CUT Johnny Unitas. Now go back to your trailer. Just because you weren't around to witness it doesn't mean it never happened.

And they are doing the opposite of what has made them consistently good. They're signing guys a year too late rather than replacing them a year too soon.

And he's two years removed from Tommy John surgery and should have zip back in his throws. Either way, we are built to run unlike the Steelers who have abandoned their identity.

And he will likely be a backup and yet, has a career rating of just over 80. Not to mention, he has never raped anyone.

Wow, you are clueless. He actually is pretty fast, especially for his size the guy can move. He also has great hands. And in NE, they go 4-5 wide which limits the role of the TE regardless of who it is.

They may be bullies but they limit their targets to 20 year old girls.

Wow, it sounds like somebody is really nervous about this upcoming year. It will be fun to see you guys blow another draft and see Tomlin get the axe.

Hey Steelers! Good luck rebuilding! I haven't seen you do that successfully in 30 years! As dumb as Cowher was, he was patient and he won games by running the ball. Tomlin doesn't seem to have that patience AND he is dumb as hell. I like the Rooney's but their team's best days are far behind them.

I just love how those Pittsburg trolls have selective memory. Like the history of the NFL started in 1970, when after 37 years of sheer suckage, the Steelers finally became a decent team. That's right troll boy- 37 YEARS- no playoff apperances, including a perfect 0-10 season in 1944. I'll remind you the sucky Steelrs of that era were so great at talent evaluation, they CUT Johnny Unitas. Now go back to your trailer. Just because you weren't around to witness it doesn't mean it never happened.

The Steelers made the playoffs in 1947 and played another game in 1963 that was to be a tie breaker for a playoff spot, which was essentially an "unofficial playoff" game.

The 1944 team that finished 0-10 were the "Card-Pitts". The Pittsburgh Pirates and Chicago Cardinals merged due to most of the teams players joining the military during WWII.

The merger of the AFL and NFL was a major change for both of the leagues. Don't have "selective memory" and act like that major change never happened. The history of the current day NFL DID begin in 1970.

The Steelers made the playoffs in 1947 and played another game in 1963 that was to be a tie breaker for a playoff spot, which was essentially an "unofficial playoff" game.

The 1944 team that finished 0-10 were the "Card-Pitts". The Pittsburgh Pirates and Chicago Cardinals merged due to most of the teams players joining the military during WWII.

The merger of the AFL and NFL was a major change for both of the leagues. Don't have "selective memory" and act like that major change never happened. The history of the current day NFL DID begin in 1970.

UHM, you are right about 1947, but I have never seen where Pittsburgh ever played any tie-breaker in 1963.

Perhaps it was a final regular season game that had they won they would have been in the playoffs, but I find no postseason play. If you have info on that please share it.

And I disagree that 1970 was that significant in terms of actual competition. No more so than 1966 and 1967 when expansion occurred. No more than 1976 or 1995 when expansion occurred. No more than 1950 when another merger occurred. (The biggiest significance was to the Browns, Steelers, and Colts, not to the league per se).

And by your thinking then, Baseball should only count anything that happened post 1969. That is the year that the leagues split into divisions, when major expansion occurred in both league with the addition of 4 teams, and when divisional play began. Are you saying that baseball's history only begins on that date?

Or are you saying that the NBA should only count history when it merged with the ABA in 1976? Wipe out the entire Celtic dynasty?

No, there was some slight change, but it wasn't any more earth shattering than changes that occurred at other times or in other sports such that the entire history of the leagues should be discounted.

The atomic bomb was invented in 1945. That significantly changed things

Perhaps by your method of thinking this should only be year 65 of the "Third Age". (the first two ages being pre-Christianity, then the Christian era, and then the Atomic Age.) Is that what you want?

Archived