THE BROWNS BOARD

Ravens vs. Steelers

shoot

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which rival do you hate the most?

• Pittsburgh Steelers
    • Baltimore Ravens
    • Cincinnati Bengals

I hate the Steelers, but due to growing up in the 90s, there's a special hatred in my heart for the Ravens. Art Modell literally ruined my childhood.

I added the Bengals too as a comedy option, but who can really hate a team that's so eternally terrible?

I respect each of our rivals and sometimes admire the way they perform on the field.

The exception to this are the Bengals. But my feelings towards them is more as a Comedy of Errors, not really hatred.

The Ravens and Steelers both have played solid defense throughout their history. Both also have beautiful stadiums and a strong fan base. I can't help but respect these opponents and love our rivalry with them. No other division or set of teams have similar styles and as great a rivalry as we do with them. I hope our Browns can start to turn the tide in the W column in this new decade.

Go Browns!

I have never really developed the hatred for Baltimore as most fans have. It wasn't really their fault Modell jumped ship. Plus, as a kid raised on Bernie's Browns I love Ozzie and always will so I was kind of happy he got a ring.

However! I have and always will despise Pittsburgh more than any other team. ESPECIALLY the current version of the team. They are arrogant over achievers who have never, ever, given the other team credit after a win or loss. They are just completely self-absorbed. Not to mention they have a tendency to bump genitals a bit too much on the sideline. Hines and Ben have been gay for eachother far too long for me.

And I am starting to believe Ben's serial raping of young women comes from a deep seeded envy of their gender and the fact that they can sleep with men at their discretion. I'm sure growing up in a small town and being a big guy his entire life, a certain image was expected from him. The manly-man. And now, that he has the world at his finger tips and is still unable to come out of the closet out of shame, he takes his frustrations out on attractive young women because they are exactly what he wishes he could be. So my answer is, the Steelers, yup, the Steelers. I hate them.

my family is from pittsburgh so i don't hate them as much as some of you. the ratbirds will always be my least favorite.

Even if I were born and raised in Pittsburgh I couldn't cheer for those over-achieving, grace-less, arrogant, pee-pee touching hillbillies. Although I admire the Rooneys, I cannot tolerate that team. Their fall from the top starts now!

I despise the Steelers. For one, they always seem to get away by the skin of their teeth.

I don't think they were ever dominant in the 00's even with their two superbowls. They always seemed to get there by being overlooked by other teams and barley inching by.

The steeler fans where I grew up (Erie, PA) are their own breed of ignorant. Most of them talk tons of shit can't name either starting line on their team for example.

I respect each of our rivals and sometimes admire the way they perform on the field.

me too. hate a BIG word. i mean i can't stand shittsburgh, but i wouldn't drive down whatever main street they have and start poppin' of shots because their team is made up of homos and deviants. pittsburgh is high on list of browns football payback. by the time i started watching football in the 70's it seemed like we played them every week and that we got our asses handed to us each one of those. best memory as a kid watching some of that was irons giving bradshaw a suphlex from the top rope.

baltimore was the browns. i wasn't living in cleveland so i can't feel that like most of you.

cincy is just cincy. i rooted for them against montana and the 49ers in that superbowl. should have won that game.

Since I have always been a Browns fan and secondly a Steeler Fan and always liked the Bengals..............my answer was a no brainer..........and the poll was stupid

I hate the Roidsburgh Cheaters more than I hate :Osama Bin Laden, Liver & Onions, Toothaches, Mariachi Music, Meg Ryan Movies, Scrappy Doo, Zits, Condoms, Ice Storms, American Idol, 50 Cent, Kobe Bryant, Jar Jar Binks, The Baltiwhore Ratturds & The Cincitucky Bungholes...COMBINED!

Doug

I hate the Roidsburgh Cheaters more than I hate :Osama Bin Laden, Liver & Onions, Toothaches, Mariachi Music, Meg Ryan Movies, Scrappy Doo, Zits, Condoms, Ice Storms, American Idol, 50 Cent, Kobe Bryant, Jar Jar Binks, The Baltiwhore Ratturds & The Cincitucky Bungholes...COMBINED!

Doug

crap it must be raining in Arizona

Ravens

Now that I live near Pittsburgh I have really learned a lot about their fanbase. They are Steeler fans, not football fans. I have no respect for them as football fans, they are served a platter of Steelers and believe that is the NFL.

Ravens fans act as though they did Cleveland a favor by stealing the team. They think thats the reason we got a new stadium and we shouldn't hold any bad feelings, maybe even owe a debt of gratitude.

Steelers fans are ignorant self righteous jerks.

Ravens fans are disillusioned dumbasses.

But the tiebreaker is that the Steeler organization voted against the Browns moving and as a fan of the Browns thats the only good thing I can think of either franchise and fanbase so they win on that account.

I hope both franchises have a 40 year string of losing seasons, and then it gets worse.

I've hated the Steelers since I started following the Browns in 1970, it just came so natural (same with Cincy). The hate does remain strong, but I actually have a bit of respect for these franchises (even though the Steelers have kicked our butts the last decade, and seem to have some luck on their side).

The Denver Broncos are 3rd in my hate-rankings. Queer owner, queer uniforms, but they had that damn Elway guy who helped me go bald, lol.

The Ravens are a different story altogether. I still am pissed off that the powers-that-be in the NFL put them in our division when they realigned. They belong in the AFC East, not with the Browns, Pittsburgh, & Cincy. The NFL basically tried to force-feed a rivalry on us and Baltimore. I hate Art & Ray Lewis, not the fans of Baltimore (Billick too, although he's gone).

I can't even go down to our stadium to watch the Browns & Ravens play. It's a self-protest against the NFL for allowing them to exist in the AFC North.

Here is an aside on this issue:

FYI, travelling is a hobby of mine. I have been to every state, every Canadian province, every city in the US with a population over 200,000 including every city that has a team in one of the 4 major sports, plus I have been to 51 of the 58 National Parks (most of the ones I have not been to are in Alaska where it takes a float plane to get to them).

Recently, I have been putting together a "travel" music compilation and burning songs onto sets of CDs to give away as gifts to my friends. In that process I set about trying to find songs to put on the compilation that were fairly welll known tunes that had something to do with many of the major cities in the country. Some examples of what I put on there were Sinatra's New York New York, Springsteen's Street's of Philadelphia, Bob Seger's Get Out of Denver, Houston by Dean Martin, Cleveland Rocks Ian Hunter, Detroit Rock City by KISS, etc. etc. etc. I could give you the whole list if you want (mostly "Baby Boomer Generation stuff", not much that recent)

Well, what I found when I went to looking for this music is that I could not find ANY reasonably well known songs about either Pittsburgh, Baltimore, or Cincinnati. I may have come across some very obscure songs by a local group that nobody ever heard of outside those towns, but nothing beyond that.

Here is my question: Did I miss something? Can you name any songs about Pittsburgh, Baltimore, or Cincinnati?

(the only thing even reasonably close was the theme song to WKRP in Cincinnati, but that was too banal in my opinion.)

Let me know.

Since I have always been a Browns fan and secondly a Steeler Fan and always liked the Bengals..............my answer was a no brainer..........and the poll was stupid

Just curious: How in the HELL is such a thing as the bolded portion above possible?

You know I felt when we had our first game back the Steelers made sure we played them first. It was sort of classy the way they kept the rivialy going. I dislike them but respect them as a rival.

As for the Ravens....GGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAA! I just can't stand them! Despise them! When they won the SuperBowl my "friends" called saying, "Hey the Browns finally won the Superbowl...Oh wait it's the RAVENS!" Great friends huh?

Man...I really hate em.

Here is an aside on this issue:

FYI, travelling is a hobby of mine. I have been to every state, every Canadian province, every city in the US with a population over 200,000 including every city that has a team in one of the 4 major sports, plus I have been to 51 of the 58 National Parks (most of the ones I have not been to are in Alaska where it takes a float plane to get to them).

Recently, I have been putting together a "travel" music compilation and burning songs onto sets of CDs to give away as gifts to my friends. In that process I set about trying to find songs to put on the compilation that were fairly welll known tunes that had something to do with many of the major cities in the country. Some examples of what I put on there were Sinatra's New York New York, Springsteen's Street's of Philadelphia, Bob Seger's Get Out of Denver, Houston by Dean Martin, Cleveland Rocks Ian Hunter, Detroit Rock City by KISS, etc. etc. etc. I could give you the whole list if you want (mostly "Baby Boomer Generation stuff", not much that recent)

Well, what I found when I went to looking for this music is that I could not find ANY reasonably well known songs about either Pittsburgh, Baltimore, or Cincinnati. I may have come across some very obscure songs by a local group that nobody ever heard of outside those towns, but nothing beyond that.

Here is my question: Did I miss something? Can you name any songs about Pittsburgh, Baltimore, or Cincinnati?

(the only thing even reasonably close was the theme song to WKRP in Cincinnati, but that was too banal in my opinion.)

Let me know.

Scott Walker - Lights of Cincinnati

Counting Crows - Raining in Baltimore

Mother's Last Tooth - In Pittsburgh, Circle Jerks Aren't Just for Church Anymore.

Okay, I made up that last one.

Archived