THE BROWNS BOARD

“The Dems Are Communists” – Howard Stern

Dawgs of Hell

Stern is right, on saying they act like a bunch of gangsters.

As far as the working man, maybe you can get a job as a bureaucrat, the government seems to hold all the jobs at the present time. Just show them your acorn card.

How about someone other than T?

We love to be enlightened with your suggestions, that is if you have any.

So far I have not seen one post from you on any subject that shows an original ideal on anything heck.

What are your suggestions? C'mon stick your head outside of that turtle shell and please tell us.

Somehow bring all the jobs sent oversees back to the US. I'm too hung over to suggest an answer right now.

Yeah, no politician is going to do that, or be able to do that. You can adjust the tax structure so that it doesn't make it easier for them to do that, but there's really no stopping globalization. That's just business.

Anything else you'd like to see done for the working man?

Oh, yes, let's all give Heck some input so he can use it at work.

He has to keep his job, we should give him some great stuff.

Nobody should be unemployed. I'm a full time farmer, I'm good.

(Heck IS Dennis Kuchinish's speech writer, correct?)

Now, Mr. Jellybean.

Surely you can't be serious.

But, it's sad if you are.

Meanwhile, the bark is REALLY falling off the ugly Democrat leftist tree

when even Howard Stern, fer cryin out loud, says it.

So nobody has any ideas of how to help the working man? Just gripes?

Well, how about this. Here are the top five things that are affecting the health of middle class America:

1. Rising cost of heath care/lack of health care coverage/health care insecurity for those who lose their jobs

2. The decline in real wages for the average American worker, and the job market in general

3. Rising cost of college education, especially state schools

4. Issues with primary and secondary education

5. Illegal immigration

Anyone have a problem with those five? Would you sub in any others?

So nobody has any ideas of how to help the working man? Just gripes?

Well, how about this. Here are the top five things that are affecting the health of middle class America:

1. Rising cost of heath care/lack of health care coverage/health care insecurity for those who lose their jobs

2. The decline in real wages for the average American worker, and the job market in general

3. Rising cost of college education, especially state schools

4. Issues with primary and secondary education

5. Illegal immigration

Anyone have a problem with those five? Would you sub in any others?

I agree with most of these things Heck. But wouldn't it make more sense to get more of these people in jobs, give small to medium sized business tax cuts to employ these people and give them health benefits? Rather then give the unemployed something free? I mean this is imposing more cost for health care for these businesses, you know. Unless I am wrong here, but I would like to see the difference in cost for these business. The job I was just laid off from started offering new savings account plans for health care. I just think that innovative ways for providing health care might be worth a try first rather then putting everything into a system that could or could not work. It's obvious this is Obama's pet project. Obama's "job stimulus" hasn't done shit, why not use the Trillion dollars for loans/credit lines for these businesses so they can hire and produce more?

The main reason it is broke is because people are not working, right? Just a thought.

"I agree with most of these things Heck. But wouldn't it make more sense to get more of these people in jobs, give small to medium sized business tax cuts to employ these people and give them health benefits?"

They did. In addition to the tax cuts for consumers given in the stimulus package, the jobs bill that just passed is a series of business tax cuts. It gives employers an exemption from payroll taxes through the end of 2010 on workers they hire who have been unemployed for at least 60 days. It also allows small businesses to write off equipment purchases of up to $250,000 right away.

It also shifts $20 billion to infrastructure construction programs.

The next bill in the pipeline? $30 billion in corporate tax breaks and aid to small businesses.

And it's certainly not true that the stimulus program "hasn't done shit", as you say. 40% of it was individual tax cuts, so you got more money in your paycheck, probably without realizing it. (That was the point.) According to the CBO, the spending programs and tax cuts in the stimulus bill "added between 1.0 million and 2.1 million to the number of workers employed in the United States, and it increased the number of full-time-equivalent jobs by between 1.4 million and 3.0 million. ...CBO also estimates that real (inflation-adjusted) gross domestic product (GDP) was 1.5 percent to 3.5 percent higher in the fourth quarter than would have been the case in the absence of ARRA."

As for this: "Why not use the Trillion dollars for loans/credit lines for these businesses so they can hire and produce more?"

We want the banks to do this, not the government. Which is why we bailed them out.

The sad reality is that government doesn't have some knob they can turn and make the business environment healthy again. We just papered over a depression. It's going to take a while to bounce back. Government can assist that process, and they have. But they can't make it all better. Heck

Now, that sounds perfectly reasonable for change, Heck.

Keep up the good work, maybe?

Experts are also saying, that this gov is doing wrong things, that will cause serious problems.

Like, 1/3 of doctors and medical personel will leave the profession, as has happened in GB.

Like, hospitals no longer accepting any new medicare patients - they are losing money.

and this gov wants to take 500 BILLION out of it?

Doesn't add up.

"I agree with most of these things Heck. But wouldn't it make more sense to get more of these people in jobs, give small to medium sized business tax cuts to employ these people and give them health benefits?"

They did. In addition to the tax cuts for consumers given in the stimulus package, the jobs bill that just passed is a series of business tax cuts. It gives employers an exemption from payroll taxes through the end of 2010 on workers they hire who have been unemployed for at least 60 days. It also allows small businesses to write off equipment purchases of up to $250,000 right away.

It also shifts $20 billion to infrastructure construction programs.

The next bill in the pipeline? $30 billion in corporate tax breaks and aid to small businesses.

And it's certainly not true that the stimulus program "hasn't done shit", as you say. 40% of it was individual tax cuts, so you got more money in your paycheck, probably without realizing it. (That was the point.) According to the CBO, the spending programs and tax cuts in the stimulus bill "added between 1.0 million and 2.1 million to the number of workers employed in the United States, and it increased the number of full-time-equivalent jobs by between 1.4 million and 3.0 million. ...CBO also estimates that real (inflation-adjusted) gross domestic product (GDP) was 1.5 percent to 3.5 percent higher in the fourth quarter than would have been the case in the absence of ARRA."

As for this: "Why not use the Trillion dollars for loans/credit lines for these businesses so they can hire and produce more?"

We want the banks to do this, not the government. Which is why we bailed them out.

I am wondering if it would be possible, that if you are a major employer like a WallyWorld that you could just replace some of your older workers with temporary help and receive the tax credit/holiday. With the kind of numbers of employees they have it would be an easy but benifical process for a walleyworld to do.

A good friend of ours was recently let go by sams club, they are giving her severance pay. (One week per every year she has worked for them.) Well, as the story goes, three weeks into her severance pay/ being layedoff, she gets a call and offered a job back, but in a different d epartment and would have to start over with the seniority issue and would forfiet the rest of her severance pay. She is scared that if she doesn't take the position she will not qualify for unemployment when her severance pay runs out because she was offered another job back with them.

Is this a catch 22?

Archived