THE BROWNS BOARD

Do any of you care about DA/Quinn?

DAWGPOUND16

Tell me you wouldn't feel the same way, if you lay on the field hurt, and some mindless, never played the game, jackasses were cheering because you were hurt???? I for one, would feel the exact same way. That being said, it wasn't all Browns fans who showed no class that day, just a few and he needs to try and remember that.

The few fans that started the controversy do not represent even close to the majority of fans/Cleveland residents opinions. Yes I would feel the same way but I wouldn't stoop to DA's level and open my big mouth. Anyone that says Cleveland doesn't deserve a winner is the real jackass. What good did it do him other than make enemies? I would keep laughing all the way to the bank.

Well, yea, the concern about Delhomme is that he was DA squared when it came to throwing interceptions last year.

Like, man, we really need that again? No.

I agree that BQ got the short end of the stick because we as Browns fans truly have no clue about his capabilities. But it is irrelevent now. Holmgren felt BQ wasn't going to fit into their system.

The Steelers in 1955 felt that John Unitas didn't fit into their system.

The Browns in the early 60s felt that Len Dawson didn't fit into their system. (nor did Henry Jordan or Willie Davis)

The Falcons felt that Brett Favre didn't fit their system and traded him to Green Bay.

The Chargers felt that Drew Brees did not fit their system.

Nobody felt that Warren Moon fit their system and he never even got drafted.

The Browns felt that Donovan McNabb didn't fit their system as well as Tim Couch.

In all the above cases, the rest is history, as they say.

I am not saying BQ will be on par with all those mentioned above. But hell, you never know.

I don't know that it's relevant to why I personally like BQ.

Nor why one of last seasons worst QBs fits into the Holgrem system.

WSS

Were you one of those Browns fans who cheered for DA when he got hurt? Or were you cheering for Brady Quinn coming into the game?

i was there and they were cheering because he got hurt. You can tell the difference. It was embarassing then, and it still is.

I don't know that it's relevant to why I personally like BQ.

Nor why one of last seasons worst QBs fits into the Holgrem system.

WSS

Good question!

Just looking at passer rating, DA in 2009 had a 69.7 rating, BQ had a 67.2, and Delhomme had a 59.4. The ONLY starting QB in the entire league that was worse in this regard than him was JaMarcus Russel of the Raiders.

As noted, it seems that JD is only going to be a caretaker until the next bright young prospect hits town, chosen by Holmgren and Heckert. God only knows who that is going to be. (and I doubt seriously that she really even knows)

I think Quinn is damaged goods. If he thinks the Browns dont have faith in him then he wont have faith in himself. That will do alot to a person. As for Anderson, I think he's going to bust his ass over there in Arizona to win the starting spot and once he gets paid he's going to do what he did here and that's not care anymore.

Archived