THE BROWNS BOARD

Should Browns Sign Andrews?

jojelexi

This would bring some much needed talent to compliment Thomas' work on the line, and bring stability to an Offense that lacked it in almost every category. The running game is already going to improve and performed far better than our Passing, and with an experienced Qb (that is not yet hated), we have a chance to build an O-line that can stand the test of time.

Is it worth the risk? Or wait for the draft?

Andrews released by Eagles

im gonna say no. back problems kept him off the field for 2 years straight.....well, he played 2 games.

its tempting, but i'd rather draft OL at this point. we have enough solid vets.

I have to agree as well. With 2 pro bowls the talent is there, but the talent was there in Kellen Winslow as well. I don't know if I would be upset if the Browns signed him, but, it would definately be risky.

Check him out and see where he's at, as stated IF anyone knows about this guy, you'd think it'd be Heckert. If you can get a top level talent on the cheap and improve the team it is always worth checking out.

Depression issue's though are frightening in terms of what can happen. We went thru that with Ryan Tucker, another talented troubled linemen.

Personally, I think the Browns need to continue to build the O-line through the draft. We have what looks to be great young talent in Joe Thomas and Alex Mack. Let's get a stud on the right side of the line.

And just out of curiosity: who do we currently have scheduled to play that right side. I guess I haven't kept up well with the comings and goings over there. I know we no longer have Fraley and Tucker.

How about Pork Chop, and St. Clair. Maybe it is bad of me not to know, but I don't. Who are our RT and RG candidates currently on the roster? (and do you agree we should go after one of those positions fairly high in the draft?)

we got pashos from the niners.....he should start. we need depth at RT for the future, and could use a quality RG from this draft in the second or third...

not sure about C....steiny can move over, i think. we have a couple developmental guys coming up, but no real studs. this draft and next should (actually, needs) to solidify the right side for the coming years.

then the skill players can come in droves...

we got pashos from the niners.....he should start. we need depth at RT for the future, and could use a quality RG from this draft in the second or third...

not sure about C....steiny can move over, i think. we have a couple developmental guys coming up, but no real studs. this draft and next should (actually, needs) to solidify the right side for the coming years.

then the skill players can come in droves...

We have Mack at Center. Where is Pashos scheduled to play? RT? RG?

Teams have found good guards in the mid-late rounds fairly often. I pretty much guarantee one of our 5th rounders is a lineman and probably one of the third rounders.

I think the second round pick is a DB, a QB, or an offensive weapon.

We have Mack at Center. Where is Pashos scheduled to play? RT? RG?

RT. Terry Pluto compared him to Ryan Tucker in that he is a road-grading type who seems to make other lineman better. If he is anything like Tucker in his prime I will be very happy.

Archived