THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns taking closer look at Tebow

kpolen4

Would you rather go to war with somebody who runs towards bullets or away from then? You can have all the tools in the world but if your not leading the fight then your comrades are laying back waiting for their leader. Look at all the big arm QB's with great mechanics that bust every year. You look at Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers etc. and there all leaders. Rivers has the weidest throwing motion if ever see, but he leads the fight and has the heart to get it done. If your number one priority in judging a QB is mechanics and arm strength then your gonna draft busts every year, if you look for leaders that will make your entire team better then you'll have alot less busts. I dont know if Tebow will have success in the NFL but his leadership, work ethic, and will to win will certainly fair better then say Jamarcus Russell

As a Tebow hater early on I was throughly convinced he was overrated, but he has swayed my opinion in the last couple years by consistently winning in the best division in college vs the fastest defenses in college.

I just can't see us taking him early and paying huge money to stay on the sidelines and develop. He could probably start for a team with an already good offense and solid defense to bail him out, but that isn't us.

But no doubt he has talent and and the wining spirit to develop into a good NFL QB.

I just see so many more needs that this team should fill first, so spending a second rd pick on him is a waste.

I cannot support Tebow in the 2nd; no way no how. I'm not sure the 2nd round is where you want to start grabbing "project" guys. I fully expect to get a 10 year starter in the 2nd especially at #7. Tebow in the 4th, yeah, that's where I'll be targeting "projects". However, I'm pretty sure he won't make it out of the 2nd. Some team will reach for him and hopefully, give up a bunch to us in order to get him!

I fully anticipate a no-namer from a small school no sooner than the 4th round to work behind Delhomme. For a guy who has made some bad decisions at times, he really seems like a pro's pro that a young QB will resepect. Plus, in his presser he admitted that he will embrace any role he is asked to fill and talked up the role of a mentor. So, grab a mid to late round kid and let Jake and Seneca hold his hand for a few years.

I really don't want us to grab him in the 2nd either but someone is going to pick him him up in that round. I really think we need to get this guy. Yes he's a "project" player, in my opinion, but all the kid did was win his whole time at Florida and in one of the toughest conferences in college football.

He is a leader, hard worker and a winner. I think this team needs more of those.

For all of Teabag's faults, I've never heard anyone question his durability before. Considering how often he took off and ran, right through and over people, he has no issue staying healthy.

Yeah, that's why he should be a LBer or a TE in the pros. The Heisman don't mean squat, Troy Smith, Jason White, Eric Crouch, Danny Wuerfful, Charlie Ward, Gino Toretta- the track record is pretty poor.

Tebow's dad thinks son will go in top 15 picks

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 26, 2010 10:53 AM ET

The consensus now surrounding Tim Tebow's draft stock is that he won't make it out of the second round. His father, Bob Tebow, thinks he'll go a lot higher than that.

"If the Jaguars don't take him at 10, he'll be gone by 15," Bob Tebow told Sam Kouvaris of 1010XL in Jacksonville last week. (Click column "Is Tim coming here?" for full story.)

Don't assume these are simply the words of a biased father. I have heard similar rumors that members of Tebow's camp are convinced, right or wrong, he will go in the top half of the first round.

Yes, this could easily be predraft scuttlebutt aimed at getting a team to jump on Tebow. But Bob Tebow's matter of fact confidence comes from somewhere.

I've heard enough information from a separate source that makes me believe Tebow has a better chance of getting taken in the first round than the Mock Draft Mafia believes.

At the very least, clearly Tebow thinks he will be drafted that high.

Tebow's dad thinks son will go in top 15 picks

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 26, 2010 10:53 AM ET

The consensus now surrounding Tim Tebow's draft stock is that he won't make it out of the second round. His father, Bob Tebow, thinks he'll go a lot higher than that.

"If the Jaguars don't take him at 10, he'll be gone by 15," Bob Tebow told Sam Kouvaris of 1010XL in Jacksonville last week. (Click column "Is Tim coming here?" for full story.)

Don't assume these are simply the words of a biased father. I have heard similar rumors that members of Tebow's camp are convinced, right or wrong, he will go in the top half of the first round.

Yes, this could easily be predraft scuttlebutt aimed at getting a team to jump on Tebow. But Bob Tebow's matter of fact confidence comes from somewhere.

I've heard enough information from a separate source that makes me believe Tebow has a better chance of getting taken in the first round than the Mock Draft Mafia believes.

At the very least, clearly Tebow thinks he will be drafted that high.

What Tebow's Dad has in head with the totally overly optimistic assessment are the following: $$$$$$$

The old man is a wishing and a hoping for a big signing bonus. It would be 10-100 times bigger if he is a Top 15 pick than if he were a 3rd rounder.

You know Tebows father and what he thinks???

It may be wishful thinking or it could be they have some inside info.....like a team telling them they are going to take him if he is there.

Saying be gone by 15 could mean Tampa who holds that pick has told them something.

I think there are a lot of teams in the middle of the pack who are part of the smear campaign, hoping like hell he falls to them.

Archived