THE BROWNS BOARD

Jarrett Brown

WVUBrownsfan

i dont see the facination with this guy?

yeah he's fast and ha a strong arm but so what? so was mike vick

he has no brains whatsoever when it comes to football

people whinned and cried about Quinn not being accurate wait untill they see Brown

and for as fast as he was he still was sacked 20 times and was 1 pass away from having as many Ints as TDs his last year

so not accurate, no pocket pressence, his deep ball flutters like Quinns

why are we so hot on him? highly overrated

I guess you never got over the Auburn game :P

Brown's most definitely a project, but his arm and athleticism are better than most of the other QBs in this class. I wouldn't go around denigrating his smarts, absent some info confirming your claim - he was a first year starter in '09, which just as easily could explain some of his pocket presence issues.

Looking at the other AFC North teams, there's a case to made that you win in this division with a big, mobile, strong-armed QB. Brown is that kind of QB; I'd be interested to see what he could develop into w/ some competent coaching.

I guess you never got over the Auburn game :P

Brown's most definitely a project, but his arm and athleticism are better than most of the other QBs in this class. I wouldn't go around denigrating his smarts, absent some info confirming your claim - he was a first year starter in '09, which just as easily could explain some of his pocket presence issues.

Looking at the other AFC North teams, there's a case to made that you win in this division with a big, mobile, strong-armed QB. Brown is that kind of QB; I'd be interested to see what he could develop into w/ some competent coaching.

Browns smaller then all the QBs and not strong armed

i guess people dont like truth speakers around here :huh:

the reason people aren't responding is because no one here is in love with him or is that high on him or wants him as our qb. i might have seen one guy mention his name but it sure as hell didn't come before bradford, clausen, pike or lefevour.

Brown's not particularly tall - just a shade under 6'3" - but he's got a big build, particularly his thick upper body. And he certainly has a strong arm.

Here's ESPN.com's report from his pro day:

The headliner at West Virginia's pro day workout was QB Jarrett Brown, who measured 6-foot-2 7/8; and 222 pounds and looked thick and well-built up top.

We've raved about Browns throwing motion and release for some time and he looked very good in this setting. He snapped the ball off with his over-the-top release and threw tight spirals that drove down the field when he let it rip, though the ball did flutter a bit when he seemed to aim the ball on some deeper routes and his accuracy suffered some.

Still, Brown's arm strength is excellent and his footwork when dropping from under center is improving. He has better rhythm and timing in hid drops and the scouts in attendance were impressed with Brown's physical tools. He needs to improve his awareness of the blitz and ability to read coverages, and he must make quicker decisions, so Brown remains a project. He has one of the better physical skill sets among the 2010 quarterbacks, though, and has moved himself into the early part of the fourth round.

Though you shouldn't evaluate prospects off of YouTube highlights, you can see in this clip that he's got a strong arm.

Brown's not particularly tall - just a shade under 6'3" - but he's got a big build, particularly his thick upper body. And he certainly has a strong arm.

Though you shouldn't evaluate prospects off of YouTube highlights, you can see in this clip that he's got a strong arm.

yeah i watched his whole career doesnt have a strong arm

there called highlights for a reason

Damn.

We're told that the low man on the quarterback totem pole was West Virginia's Jarrett Brown, with a 15. That's still two points higher than Dan Marino scored 27 years ago, when he matched his jersey number with a 13.

via here.

Still think he'd be an interesting option in the 4th or 5th round.

I agree with Alo on most of his scouting in the past, and I agree with this one too.

He does understand the concept of putting "touch" on his passes, on the short throws, a bonus.

But When he's scrambling the thing that I see is the ball is never tucked in. He Better fix that cause he's not not no Michael Vick and guy's will catch him from behind at the next level.

I'm with Alo. He's got enough arm but what really comes out in the video is the footwork and balance. Great balance and what looks like enough scrambling ability to keep a play alive. I think there's a lot to like in this kid although the Wonderlic does leave a bit to be desired.

Archived