THE BROWNS BOARD

Mom arrested for defending daughter on school property

Pumpkin Eater

Cops: Oak Ridge High School students beat girl; her mom arrested defending her

By Susan Jacobson, Orlando Sentinel

The mother of an Oak Ridge High School student was arrested today after she tried to protect her daughter, who was being beaten by other students, authorities said.

Lutricia Crutchfield, 39, received a text message from her daughter saying that some girls at the school were going to "jump her" after second period, the Orange County Sheriff's Office said.

Crutchfield went to school with other relatives and saw her daughter being beaten by some girls abut 10:30 a.m., the Sheriff's Office said. School administrators tried to break up the fight, and Crutchfield also got involved, deputies said.

She hit one of the students and was arrested on charges of battery and trespass on school property, investigators said.

A slew of deputies on horseback, motorcycle, on foot and in cars came to school to prevent any more trouble at dismissal.

I'm not sure how I feel about this but I don't feel that the mother should be charged with anything unless she stepped in after everything was under control or hit one of the attackers after she was not a danger to her child anymore. There are too many little wannabe thugs around these days, they listen to crappy hip-hop music and think it is cool to gang up on a kid.

Archived