THE BROWNS BOARD

Freedom Alliance

If any of you give to Sean Hannity's charity, I'd stop until we find out if these allegations are true:

"[L]ess than 20%–and in two recent years, less than 7% and 4%, respectively–of the money raised by Freedom Alliance went to these causes, while millions of dollars went to expenses, including consultants and apparently to ferret the Hannity posse of family and friends in high style. And, despite Hannity’s statements to the contrary on his nationally syndicated radio show, few of the children of fallen soldiers got more than $1,000-$2,000, with apparently none getting more than $6,000, while Freedom Alliance appears to have spent tens of thousands of dollars for private planes. Moreover, despite written assurances to donors that all money raised would go directly to scholarships for kids of the fallen heroes and not to expenses, has begun charging expenses of nearly $500,000 to give out just over $800,000 in scholarships."

If they are true, wow.

"...in 2006, for example, Freedom Alliance raised almost $11 million, but only $397,900 was donated to children of fallen soldiers or to injured veterans. $979,485 was spent, meanwhile on consultants, and more than $3 million was spent on postage and shipping and printing. One person tells Schlussel that Hannity demands a private jet and a fleet of Cadillac or Lincoln SUVs to transport him to the concerts."

"...in 2006, for example, Freedom Alliance raised almost $11 million, but only $397,900 was donated to children of fallen soldiers or to injured veterans. $979,485 was spent, meanwhile on consultants, and more than $3 million was spent on postage and shipping and printing. One person tells Schlussel that Hannity demands a private jet and a fleet of Cadillac or Lincoln SUVs to transport him to the concerts."

Well, let's get to the bottom of this.

PS I always thought Hannity was a (spoiled) punk.

Hey it wouldn't surprise me. Hell I bet one could do an expose on a lot of "charities" and events.

I used to get call after call from real sounding groups wanting donations and I always asked them to send me a breakdown of expenses etc and I'd send them ten bucks. Most told me no but one guy did (I forget the faux charituy) and it was hilarious.

Like 97% of the dough went to the officers and fundraisers of the organization for cars rent food etc etc.

I laughed out loud at it but sent the guy his ten bucks just for the moxie.

WSS

I'd be surprised if Hannity's charity was this big a scam. I really would. Especially since this is one of O'Reilly's big hangups. He spends weeks on bad charities.

I wouldn't even be surprised if this was some sort of prank to see who will bite on the story.

We'll see.

But again, if you want to donate to a charity that's great that does much of the same stuff that Hannity's claims to do, donate to Fisher House.

I thought libs always demanded a valid link to check sources.... @@

http://www.freedomalliance.org/index.php?o...2&Itemid=21

They are rated very, very highly like Steve says,

but they certainly have a lot of employees to run the thing.

I'd be surprised if Hannity's charity was this big a scam. I really would. Especially since this is one of O'Reilly's big hangups. He spends weeks on bad charities.

I wouldn't even be surprised if this was some sort of prank to see who will bite on the story.

We'll see.

But again, if you want to donate to a charity that's great that does much of the same stuff that Hannity's claims to do, donate to Fisher House.

I did, $100.00 if you recall.

Baloney. I said "I thought libs always demanded a valid link to check sources.... @@"

I said absolutely nothing about who wrote the blurb, Dem or Rep.

Nothin.

You got nothin, again.

And again, you twist and reinvent what someone says, to try to

have a leg to stand on, to smart off to em.

Guess what? You need to say you're sorry, dammit. :mad:

I'm well aware of what you wrote. But before you run off and make this into some partisan witch hunt, know that it didn't come from the left. And that, if it's true, it wouldn't matter if it did.

The ratings agencies aside, Hannity will have to answer for the questions raised by Schlussel, and so will Schlussel.

If it is true, there had better be some serious backup to justify it/// which I can't see now...

or if it isn't true,

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" and she will have to defend herself against the lies she told...

Oh, before you go on a partisan witch hunt, the person who said what I quoted

may not have been a conservative, before you assume it was.

Yes, you did. When you lost a bet to me.

And Cal, you know who made these allegations against Hannity? Not one of the "libs" you hate. It was a Republican named Debbie Schlussel.

No shit. The point being I paid my debt to you. And I like that particular charity. So don't act like an asshole.

No shit. The point being I paid my debt to you. And I like that particular charity. So don't act like an asshole.

Yes, let's all congratulate you because I made the bet a donation to charity, named the charity, then you lost the bet and had to donate to the charity I picked out.

You're a wonderful person.

Yes, let's all congratulate you because I made the bet a donation to charity, named the charity, then you lost the bet and had to donate to the charity I picked out.

You're a wonderful person.

And you are a loser. You come back to this forum because you think you are superior. Actually, your an idiot. Look at yourself. Look deeply. Since I'm vet, and you are not, I don't give a shit what you think anyway. Dickhead.

Archived