THE BROWNS BOARD

Holmgren very high on Tebow

WVUBrownsfan

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...tball_offseason

5. That reminds me … Browns GM Mike Holmgren was probably the highest on Tebow after the Florida star's workout, saying he didn't even think Tebow needed to change much. "I don't think everybody in the room thinks he needs to change dramatically, so we'll see where it goes." Mr. Tebow, please note that Holmgren is the guy who thought it was a good idea to pay Jake Delhomme $7 million to play quarterback this season. So if you want to have success in the NFL, change. And change dramatically.

Hello Mr.QB of the future

No offense but if you think Holmgren is just going to sit in his office all day then I'd say you're crazy.

hes not gonna be on the field being a huge part in the development of anybody

your crazy if u think hes gonna be out there everyday developing people

if he wanted to do that then he would of went back to head coaching

I don't think he's going to be doing that. I agree with you in that he would have wanted to coach instead of FO if he wanted to be on the field every day.

All I'm saying is that he is still going to have a big say in things on the field and I wouldn't be surprised if he does offer a lot of insight into whichever QB we take.

quick name all the teams offering him a HC job

yeah thats what i thought

only 2 teams contacted him and neither were for HC job

quick name all the teams offering him a HC job

yeah thats what i thought

only 2 teams contacted him and neither were for HC job

because he didn't want to be a coach lol? he already stated that plenty of times before he decided he wanted to come back

I think one thing that stands out is that he is left-handed, which means his blind side is on the right side not the left where Joe Thomas is one of the best LT's in the league. Thomas would probably be able to make an easy transition to the right side, but I just don't like the thought of it.

I think one thing that stands out is that he is left-handed, which means his blind side is on the right side not the left where Joe Thomas is one of the best LT's in the league. Thomas would probably be able to make an easy transition to the right side, but I just don't like the thought of it.

could always draft Mike johnson in say round 4 who can play both RG or RT

Thats why were trading up to grab Okung... LOL. IDK... The problem with Shaffer was we moved him from RT to LT becuase he was protecting Vicks blindside, it doesnt always work, thats why I am weary about a lefty for a QB with Joe Thomas...

link?

go ahead ill wait while you continue to lie

he was only contacted from 2 teams period end of story

watch his first presser with the browns, he made it very clear that at this point in his career he didn't wanna coach.

link

he says he didnt wanna coach because nobody offered him a chance to coach

Find the link your damn self and shut the xxxx up already.

You're just arguing for the sake of argument. Which, I've gathered so far, seems to be your only purpose on this forum.

How will he be developing Tebow as a president? He built Favre & Young as a coach.

Because, and if you go back to his initial press conference (and Magini's) you'll note that Holmgren said he's be involved with the offense and the QB if asked by the coach and that he hoped they would ask. Mangini has already asked.

OK, back to the thread at hand.

I would have absolutely no problem with Tebow in the third round. We do have three picks in there now, so we have room to take someone like Tebow who will be a project.

There's one thing you can guarantee about Tebow: the kid will work his ass off to become a good NFL player and he's very coachable. But, this team also has a lot of holes so I won't be disappointed if we don't take him in the third round. Hell, he may not be available.

The thing with Tebow is his throwing motion. Everybody talks about it. Fine, but Bernie's release point wasn't the best either. All I'm saying is the kid's got an NFL arm and an unparalleled work ethic. The first part makes Holmgren sit up and take notice while the second makes him a Mangini guy.

Mangini and daboll both suck at QB mentoring or even having any patience with them to develop on the job maybe worse than romeo crennel, i think veteran QBs will have to be the route until these 2 idiots are replaced by competent coaches next year after another failsauce season...;)

Mangini and daboll both suck at QB mentoring or even having any patience with them to develop on the job maybe worse than romeo crennel, i think veteran QBs will have to be the route until these 2 idiots are replaced by competent coaches next year after another failsauce season...;)

link?

if we have another bad year you can throw Holmgren into that group

it would be 99% his fault since he's the one who put the team together with bad players

OK, back to the thread at hand.

I would have absolutely no problem with Tebow in the third round. We do have three picks in there now, so we have room to take someone like Tebow who will be a project.

There's one thing you can guarantee about Tebow: the kid will work his ass off to become a good NFL player and he's very coachable. But, this team also has a lot of holes so I won't be disappointed if we don't take him in the third round. Hell, he may not be available.

The thing with Tebow is his throwing motion. Everybody talks about it. Fine, but Bernie's release point wasn't the best either. All I'm saying is the kid's got an NFL arm and an unparalleled work ethic. The first part makes Holmgren sit up and take notice while the second makes him a Mangini guy.

He won't be there in the 3rd round.

The reality is he won't be playing for us, and it has nothing to do with not liking him or having holes to fill...Heckert has stated he is a BPA type GM so he isn't going to pass on a better talent simply to fill a hole.

It simply boils down to draft position.

Taking Tim at #7 is too early....I agree with that...that would be a big reach IMO.

He probably won't be there when we get to our second pick....if he is that is where we would take him if that is the direction we want, but as stated, i doubt he makes it 7 picks in to the 2nd round.

If he wows us when he works out in Berea or wherever the private workout is held and we decide we want the guy, we have two options. Trade down out of the 7th overall pick or trade up out of the 2nd round and get back in to the 1st round....say around 25...and we have the ammo to do that...our 2nd rounder and maybe a couple of 3rd rounders would do the trick....no I haven't referenced the trade chart so spare me the talk about the points don't match...the point is however the points match up, we have the picks to make it work.

OK....my curiosity got the best of me...according to the "chart"...the 25th over all pick is worth 720 points.

Our 2nd is worth 520. Our 3rd rounder....#71 overall is worth 235...those equal 755.....fair trade.....it would cost us our 2nd and 3rd rounder.....so in essence, it would cost a 3rd round pick to improve upon our 2nd pick in the draft to get back in to the 1st round.

Archived