THE BROWNS BOARD

Repo Men review

Repo Men

Universal

R 111 min

OK gang, I’m against the deadline and there are a few new flicks opening. I can only get one in. There’s Ben Stiller in GREENBERG, which I’d probably like but the closest show is New York City and it’s too late for a flight. There’s THE BOUNTY HUNTER. Hmmmm no, Jennifer Aniston’s way too cute for Garrard Butler. THE GHOST WRITER? Sorry, I read the book and hated it.

DIARY OF A WIMPY KID? Nah, not another one of those.

So I’ve decided on REPO MEN. Actually it doesn’t look to be very good but Forest Whitaker and Jude Law have at least a slight air if respectability. And somebody spent a lot of money for promotion. Right? We’ll see.

Well I just got back and shall we say “respectability” has very little to do with this turkey.

However before I get ready to blast this stinker let me touch base on a preview for MACGRUBER. Folks, producers often put the funniest parts into the trailers to sell tickets. If that’s the case this will be one of the worst comedies in years.

OK. Now on to one of the worst sci-fi action flicks in years.

REPO MEN is a dystopian tale of societal heartless greed. With actual human organs for transplant in short supply, modern science has invented efficient though expensive mechanical substitutes. Unfortunately lots of people are willing to agree to any cost for that treatment but reluctant to pay the bills when they come due. Sound familiar?

That’s when the Repo Men get the call. They track down the deadbeat and literally chop out the unpaid for steel heart, liver, or spleen. Pretty rough eh?

Two of the best in the business are old school mates and rivals Remy and Jake (Jude Law and Forest Whitaker). There’s a rift in their relationship when Remy decides this grotesque but profitable career isn’t for him. Soon after this revelation he falls victim to an accident that will leave him dependent on an artificial heart and, yep you guessed it, the hunter becomes the hunted.

So right off the bat here are just a couple of many minor glitches that set the tone.

First since Remy and Jake have been close friends from childhood why the hell is Remy the only one with a British accent? And why, in the future where technological miracles abound, are these guys using cell phone and driving cars straight out of the 1990s?

Sure those are small gripes compared to the terrible acting, cheap FX and ridiculous plot but they are tell-tale signs of a sloppy production, like lipstick on a wineglass at a restaurant.

I’d have gone with a D minus for this one except for a slightly surprising ending.

Then again a nice dish of ice cream can’t salvage a bad dinner.

D

WSS

Email westsidesteve@aol.com

westside steve- you look like russ hanson, a faggot :lol:

Thanks.

Russ is a nice looking fellow.

And if I was a fag, I'd be more man than you'll ever be and more woman than you'll ever have.

I'll delete your crap soon enough but dude, please, bring some stronger stuff.

WSS

• 2 weeks later...
What, like Paul Bunyan or Johnny Appleseed?

WSS

Hello. I'm not sure. It appears that your a very famous person around these parts and I feel kind of out of it not hearing of your name before I joined this board. Two more questions if you don't mind.

1) Is Roger Ebert your idol?

2) Do you think Pat Daily is a poor mans version of Jimmy Buffet?

Thank You for your time.

Hello. I'm not sure. It appears that your a very famous person around these parts and I feel kind of out of it not hearing of your name before I joined this board. Two more questions if you don't mind.

1) Is Roger Ebert your idol?

2) Do you think Pat

Daily is a poor mans version of Jimmy Buffet?

Thank You for your time

Actually roger ebert is no favorite of mine i rarely agree with him. And Pat Is in my opinion 1,000,000 times more talented than jimmy buffett. Then again if you have never heard of mad dog adams or me i doubt you've ever been to put in bay. But Thank you for wasting so much time on this nonsense. Love and kisses, westside steve. And pardon typos i'm trying out the new voice recognition technology on my new Droid bye bye

Actually roger ebert is no favorite of mine i rarely agree with him. And Pat Is in my opinion 1,000,000 times more talented than jimmy buffett. Then again if you have never heard of mad dog adams or me i doubt you've ever been to put in bay. But Thank you for wasting so much time on this nonsense. Love and kisses, westside steve. And pardon typos i'm trying out the new voice recognition technology on my new Droid bye bye

Sorry for wasting your time. The last time I was at Put-N-bay was about thirty years ago. I remember drinking beer in some pizza bar called Frosty's. I wonder if that is still there? That is something about Daily being a million more times talented than Buffet. Too bad his bank account doesn't reflect that. See ya Westside. :)

Keanu Reeves has more money than Gary Oldman.

There are a lot of acts I think are overrated that make lots of money, but that's just my opinion.

But if you're a big Buffett fan, that's OK too.

Makes me think of a dame who once told me her favorite song ever was Brown Eyed Girl.

Hey whevever moves ya.

Cheers

WSS

Keanu Reeves has more money than Gary Oldman.

There are a lot of acts I think are overrated that make lots of money, but that's just my opinion.

But if you're a big Buffett fan, that's OK too.

Makes me think of a dame who once told me her favorite song ever was Brown Eyed Girl.

Hey whevever moves ya.

Cheers

WSS

Hi steve

No I'm not a parrot head.

Your right, there are a lot of acts over rated. If you say Dailey is a lot more talented than Buffet, you would be a better judge of this than me.

I liked that song by Van Morrison too. I don't remind you of that dame do I ?

Later

Hi steve

No I'm not a parrot head.

Your right, there are a lot of acts over rated. If you say Dailey is a lot more talented than Buffet, you would be a better judge of this than me.

I liked that song by Van Morrison too. I don't remind you of that dame do I ?

Later

LOL

Nah the point was that she said it was her favorite song.

It ain't like I despise it but it's just odd to think that somebody's actual favorite, the song that moves them and means more than any other is such a bland overplayed thing.

Not that it's hateful or anything.

Like saying the worlds greatest actor is Slater (Mario Lopez) from Saved By The Bell.

:huh:

WSS

Archived