THE BROWNS BOARD

Possibility of 2 QB's?

Earl34

Has anyone considered that with 12 picks (assuming we don't trade some away) that perhaps we'll spend a late round pick on a QB in addition to an early rounder?

This is what the Packers did with Flynn and Brohm a couple of years ago to maximize their chances of finding a backup for Aaron Rodgers.

You could then wind up with a duo like Tony Pike and, say, Matt Nichols.

Has anyone considered that with 12 picks (assuming we don't trade some away) that perhaps we'll spend a late round pick on a QB in addition to an early rounder?

This is what the Packers did with Flynn and Brohm a couple of years ago to maximize their chances of finding a backup for Aaron Rodgers.

from what i've heard the browns have shown zero interest whatsoever in Pike

from what i've heard the browns have shown zero interest whatsoever in Pike

OK, Mr. Contrarian....

You could have "Early Round QB A" and "Late Rounder QB 3". Not showing interest in a QB is not a sign of not having any. I just used Pike as an example.

Makes sense, Earl, especially when you think of how Mangini kept 4 QBs on the 53 man during his final year with the Jets.

True. It was initially going to be Pennington, Clemens and Ratliff. They tried to protect Ainge. Then Favre happened.

I think you'll see Holmgren looking for QB talent most years even if he has a starter.

You got that idea from my wonderful mock didn't ya. J/J but yea I obviously agree with ya

posting it three times does prove your point on liking the QB's. I dont know much about Skelton, but he does have good size. If Robinson can put on a few lbs then I think he could do very well. He could be one of those over looked QB's that kick ass in the pro's.

I think since we just signed 2 qbs in FA, the chances are pretty slim. One would assume neither Jake or Wallace is going to get cut, so that gives you 4 qbs...I don't see the point. Drafted qbs who get put on practice squads stand a strong possibility of getting picked up.

The first place a team looks if a qb gets hurt or falls out of favor is the practice squad list.

I think since we just signed 2 qbs in FA, the chances are pretty slim. One would assume neither Jake or Wallace is going to get cut, so that gives you 4 qbs...I don't see the point. Drafted qbs who get put on practice squads stand a strong possibility of getting picked up.

The first place a team looks if a qb gets hurt or falls out of favor is the practice squad list.

Ditto, I was for drafting two until the signings.

I don't see two QBs in this draft, but I do think we will snag one this year and then draft another one next year. And by that I mean a third-rounder or sooner in both years.

Remember, Holmgren has a QB fetish. It's almost like a tech toy for him. By the next year, you've found the latest, greatest thing and you have to get your hands on it.

I'm thinking Tebow this year and who knows next year.

I only see us taking one QB n this draft likely in the second or third round due to all the attention being given to tebow i suspect its a smokescreen holmy has his eyes set on someone else and isnt drawing a crowd of doubters,he may like pike or le-fart..however tebow has shown a lot of what holmy likes to see in a qb so who knows...april 22 cant come soon enough..

.april 22 cant come soon enough..

No sense wishing your life away.

The schedule will be released maybe a week or so before that, so for me at least, that provides some excitement as I start planning my trips to Cleveland.

At least once that is done, I can look at the calendar with anticipation.

Archived