THE BROWNS BOARD

Question For Browns Fans

EmDiggy

Too many times, the media always focuses on the big names of any franchise, and there are many players that have played that were Pretty Damn Good in their own right.. So the question is:

Who is a former Browns player that you want fans of other teams to know about?

I plan to do a show called "The Hall of Very Good" which will include a team by team pick of "Who You Should Know About"

Dixon and Minniefield, Mike Johnson, Greg and Mike Pruitt, Kevin Mack, Eric Metcalf, Tom Deleone, Doug Dieken, Rob Burnett and Eric Turner to name a few. Clay Mathews, too.

Wow... Some Great players on this list!!

All of these except Bernie are in the Hall of Fame, so I would not say that they were underrated.

Not underrated but I would say if you ask somebody thats not a browns fan or was born after the 80's they probably wouldn't no who some of these guy are. I know I wouldn't if it wasn't for fellow Browns fans. Other than Jim Brown, Kosar, maybe Newsome since he's a GM you dont hear much about the other guys unless your a Browns fan. Not everybody was alive 50 years ago to watch all these guys so it would be wise to inform other teams fans of our historic past.

Not underrated but I would say if you ask somebody thats not a browns fan or was born after the 80's they probably wouldn't no who some of these guy are. I know I wouldn't if it wasn't for fellow Browns fans. Other than Jim Brown, Kosar, maybe Newsome since he's a GM you dont hear much about the other guys unless your a Browns fan. Not everybody was alive 50 years ago to watch all these guys so it would be wise to inform other teams fans of our historic past.

I would hope that you could rest assured that the audience you have on The Browns Board would know who the Hall of Famers are that played for the Browns, and that their names would be familiar to all here. If not, they all need to bone up on the team whom they are commenting upon. I didn't see all those guys when I was growing up either...well, actually, I did see them all except Willis, Lavelli, and Graham.. You get my point.

Archived