THE BROWNS BOARD

I can't afford health care.

Pumpkin Eater

When I worked at the VA I witnessed patients being treated the same way by the slug VA employee's. Usually it is the lower level employees who treat people like this (clerks, etc). However, on one occasion I overheard the Chief of Staff of Wade park refer to veterans as "trash". Mind you, he is an MD (pulmonologist). That is why I never use the VA for treatment.

Agreed. I think I mentioned this before. My dad is a vet had 2 hip replacements. The first one, the hospital was out of Full Metal Jacket and it had to be replaced 2 years later. Got the second one, the hospital was nice as hell, great doctors and my dad jogs on it some 12 years later.

crap, I was thinkin about going to the VA for a new crown on a tooth, thought it would be cheaper.

Reminds me of the time, in the service, I had to go get a tooth worked on.

Some whiney, beechin wimpy male officer comes in and is berating and arguing with

another dentist.

He went and was giving me a novacaine shot, still angry, and turning to argue some more,

and was twisting the needle around and I couldn't take the torture and the rudeness and as best I could,

I said "HEY, STOP". So, he turned and angrily told me to shut up and sit still.

I grabbed his wrist, pulled the needle out of my mouth, and got up and angrily backed him into the wall.

The idiot dentist was frightened, I was enraged, just staring at him, and I think he wet his pants.

Well, the guy he was arguing with had been trying to tell him to watch what he was doing...

and quietly talked me into letting him go. He took over, and finished just fine, and apologized.

never hear a thing about it.

Good luck to all of us, except Dems, with gov health care.

I just changed my mind about the VA.... crap.

If there's one thing we need to get over, it's the idea that this is government health care. It's not. It's really not. It's a mandate to buy private insurance, with subsidies, and regulations on what those private insurers can do.

Your health care will still be expensive. You will still get it from the same people, and the same hospitals, as before.

Why do you think health care stocks went up today? Because they're all about to get a lot of new customers.

If there's one thing we need to get over, it's the idea that this is government health care. It's not. It's really not. It's a mandate to buy private insurance, with subsidies, and regulations on what those private insurers can do.

I think you're playing a bit of a wordgame.

If government tells an industry who they can sell to and MUST sell to and what they can charge does fit the definition.

But no, they haven't disbanded the companies and rehired the employees as government workers.

So far.

WSS

WSS[/b]

I think you're playing a bit of a wordgame.

If government tells an industry who they can sell to and MUST sell to and what they can charge does fit the definition.

But no, they haven't disbanded the companies and rehired the employees as government workers.

So far.

WSS

WSS[/b]

I am wondering if there was anything in the 1400 page bill on changing out employees for government workers at a certain point?

It's certainly not unconstitutional, but if you're as poor as you say, you're probably not going to pay any fines. Because people below a certain income are exempt from fines.

And this doesn't kick in until 2014. So you've got four years to make enough money to buy a plan.

If you're still in school, perhaps you're under the age of 26. Then you're eligible to stay on your parents' plan and pay no fine.

If you do have to pay the fine in 2014, it will most likely be $95.

And if you can't find an affordable policy, you won't have to pay a fine either.

So I think you're going to be okay. And you're certainly not going to jail.

Maybe Heck isn't deliberately misleading you but after 2014 the fine skyrockets.

As. I believe, it should.

WSS

Archived