THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Monday...Browns/opponents survey

The Gipper

Here is this weeks survey.

Give your opinions

1. What is the most exciting game in Browns (or your favorite team's) history?

2. Who are your Top 3 Most Favorite Browns (or your favorite team's) players of all time?

3. Who are your Top 3 Most Favorite NFL Players that did not play for the Browns (or your favorite team)?

4. Who are your Top 3 Most Hated Opponent players of the Browns (or your favorite team)

5. If you did an NCAA bracket, how many teams do you have left in the Sweet 16?

Give your opinions

I remember a loss to Cinci on 19th street. I was pretty riled up.

2. Who are your Top 3 Most Favorite Browns (or your favorite team's) players of all time?

Sipe

Sherk

JB.

3. Who are your Top 3 Most Favorite NFL Players that did not play for the Browns (or your favorite team)?

Joe Namath.

Joe Montana.

Somebody else

4. Who are your Top 3 Most Hated Opponent players of the Browns (or your favorite team)

Squeelers

Squeelers

Squeelers.

All 16 actually.

WSS

Give your opinions

The 2007 Week 2 romping of the Bengals is MY favorite. I had an amazing time watching that game, nobody expected anything and they tore it up. I was so drunk after buying shots after each score (something we just did that game out of sheer excitement to be watching it) to celebrate that I had to call off work the next day. So worth it!

Bernie Kosar, Micheal Jordan, Clay Mathews

Honorable mention: Cribbs

Troy Aikman, Favre, Jared Allen

Wines Hard, Ben, and just looking at Jeff Reed make me want to punch my tv, what a douche

I didn't do one this year.

Give your opinions

My own answers:

The one I remember is the game against the Steelers where Eric Metcalf returned 2 punt returns for kickoff, the last to win the game.

Jim Brown, Bernie Kosar,and probably Ozzie Newsome

Dick Butkus, Johnny Unitas, and, what the heck, Mike Vrabel.

Have to go with Mean Joe Greene, John Elway, and Charley Johnson. The latter two I have respect for, the former not so much because he truly was a dirty player.

I didn't do a bracket. But I will say this: I would like the Final Four to be: Ohio State, Kansas State, West Virginia, and Baylor. (though it would actually be nice if Cornell, St. Mary's and Butler made it, I don't think that is possible)

The 2009 victory against the Steelers. Because I got to go to work the next day with a bunch of depressed and embarrassed Steeler fans. Best day at work so far.

Bernie Kosar and Webster Slaughter - would love to add Josh Cribbs to this list (because I love his attitude and how it translates on the field), but I feel like I am cheating other Brownies...

Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Jerry Rice

John Elway, Ray Lewis, Deion Sanders

Nine teams left, with a possible seven in the elite eight...

UHM, halfsane: When did Michael Jordan play for the Browns?

Browns or favorite team B)

I was a biiiig Jordan fan back in the day and the Bulls were my favorite NBA team, stopped watching basketball after he retired for good.

Browns or favorite team B)

I was a biiiig Jordan fan back in the day and the Bulls were my favorite NBA team, stopped watching basketball after he retired for good.

Well, by favorite team I kinda meant that if the Browns were not your favorite NFL team, name the 3 players from that team that you liked. But, what the heck, go with the flow.

(though, if you were from Cleveland why the FRAK would the Bulls be your favorite team?

Who is your favorite freedom fighter?)

Well, by favorite team I kinda meant that if the Browns were not your favorite NFL team, name the 3 players from that team that you liked. But, what the heck, go with the flow.

(though, if you were from Cleveland why the FRAK would the Bulls be your favorite team?

Who is your favorite freedom fighter?)

I grew up near Erie, PA. My Dad is a diehard Browns fan, he got me into the them during the Kosar years, but I was too young to appreciate what I was watching at the time. I remember my dad fuming mad when Bill cut Bernie. I was about 8.

So the Bulls: Two of my cousins were big into the Bulls and I always looked up to them while growing up and we visited a lot, that was part of the lure. I was never really a basketball fan, I was a Jordan fan and a Bulls fan by association.

What are the freedom fighters?

Give your opinions

The last Pittsburgh game was pretty awesome for me. I just graduated Air Force Basic Training and I was in Tech School. It was only the second game I got to watch all year and I was so dissappointed every week I got the results of the game sent to me. To see a 1-11 team play that hard, and just how awesome Josh Cribbs played was pretty exciting. Plus it was me and one other Browns fans watchiing it with a bunch of Steeler fans. Plus the fact that it knocked Pittsburgh out of the playoffs put the icing on the cake.

Brown, Sipe, Cribbs

Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Drew Brees

It's hard to just pick three but I guess Hines Ward, Ben Roethlisberger, and John Elway.

Honorable mentions include James Harrisson and Ray Lewis.

Living in Montana the Broncos, Cowboys, Steelers, and Packers are probably the most common favorite teams here. I can't stand Denver fans and I can't stand Elway.

7 left.

Give your opinions

When the Browns beat the Raiders, in the L.A. Coliseum around '93. Eric Metcalf took the pitch around left tackle to beat the L.A. Raiders as time expired. I was there, and was taking so much crap all game from the Raider idiots, and it was just awesome at the end. Tommy Vardell, and Vinny Testeverde had big days in the comeback win. The next week, we beat the 49ers on Monday night football.

Clay Matthews, Eric Turner, Bernie Kosar

Dan Fouts, Eric Dickerson, Jack Youngblood

John Elway, Boomer Esiason, Jerome Bettis

Have never seen a complete game of basketball in my 42yrs of life.

I grew up near Erie, PA. My Dad is a diehard Browns fan, he got me into the them during the Kosar years, but I was too young to appreciate what I was watching at the time. I remember my dad fuming mad when Bill cut Bernie. I was about 8.

So the Bulls: Two of my cousins were big into the Bulls and I always looked up to them while growing up and we visited a lot, that was part of the lure. I was never really a basketball fan, I was a Jordan fan and a Bulls fan by association.

What are the freedom fighters?

You don't know what a freedom fighter is? In theory: a person that fights for the liberty of his country. You know, like in our history, the likes of Nathan Hale, Patrick Henry, George Washington. In other countries the likes of Simon Bolivar, Lech Walesa.

In some cases, there may be people that we disagree with as being "freedom fighters" but who perceive themselves as freedom fighters (where we may think they are in fact simply a faction that wishes to bring their own form of tyranny and oppression to their people....Fidel Castro, Che Guevera the VietCong, the Sandinistas, even the likes of Osama Bin Laden who may think of themselves as freedom fighters)

You don't know what a freedom fighter is? In theory: a person that fights for the liberty of his country. You know, like in our history, the likes of Nathan Hale, Patrick Henry, George Washington. In other countries the likes of Simon Bolivar, Lech Walesa.

In some cases, there may be people that we disagree with as being "freedom fighters" but who perceive themselves as freedom fighters (where we may think they are in fact simply a faction that wishes to bring their own form of tyranny and oppression to their people....Fidel Castro, Che Guevera the VietCong, the Sandinistas, even the likes of Osama Bin Laden who may think of themselves as freedom fighters)

haha ahhhhh ok, I was thinking it was a Cleveland team of some sort. Since I've never lived near the city, I wouldn't know the local teams.

My favorite freedom fighter would have to be Sam Adams (not the beer). That man tore it up.

In the context, I was confused why you were bringing up "freedom fighter". I still am, kinda...

PS Thomas Jefferson is still my favorite, despite the haters.

Dick Butkus, Johnny Unitas, and, what the heck, Mike Vrabel

I should explain. Mike Vrabel's dad taught at my school, even though he went to Walsh Jesuit.

In the context, I was confused why you were bringing up "freedom fighter". I still am, kinda...

PS Thomas Jefferson is still my favorite, despite the haters.

Yes, I guess I was being a little obtuse. I was analogizing that a Cleveland fan having Michael Jordan as a favorite player was tantamount to an American having Osama Bin Laden as a favorite "freedom fighter". Its a silly stretch, yes, but somewhat apt, nevertheless. I let this guy off because he is from Erie, and not really a Clevelander.

And, just out of curiosity, who is "hating" on Thomas Jefferson? I mean, the guy wrote the Declaration of Independence for crissakes.

Give your opinions

Definitely the Browns vs. Ravens game in 2007 with the Dawson-Bar. 33-30 OT

Josh Cribbs, Jim Brown, Bernie Kosar

Brent Celek, Antonio Gates, Peyton Manning

Joey Porter, Hines Ward, Ben Rapelisberger

Yes, I guess I was being a little obtuse. I was analogizing that a Cleveland fan having Michael Jordan as a favorite player was tantamount to an American having Osama Bin Laden as a favorite "freedom fighter". Its a silly stretch, yes, but somewhat apt, nevertheless. I let this guy off because he is from Erie, and not really a Clevelander.

And, just out of curiosity, who is "hating" on Thomas Jefferson? I mean, the guy wrote the Declaration of Independence for crissakes.

Your talkin' about me like I am not even here. :lol:

Didn't Jefferson have some slave babies?

Your talkin' about me like I am not even here. :lol:

Didn't Jefferson have some slave babies?

You may be here, but you weren't there.

On Jefferson, I don't think it is about the children he may have had with slaves that would give rise to "haters".

I have heard that there are actually some moronic, fringe right-wingers out there that want to blast TJ for his politics....or more to the point, distort his political philosophy....or ignore it because it doesn't fit in with their own views:

http://tfninsider.org/2010/03/19/dunbars-d...s-on-jefferson/

You may be here, but you weren't there.

On Jefferson, I don't think it is about the children he may have had with slaves that would give rise to "haters".

I have heard that there are actually some moronic, fringe right-wingers out there that want to blast TJ for his politics....or more to the point, distort his political philosophy....or ignore it because it doesn't fit in with their own views:

http://tfninsider.org/2010/03/19/dunbars-d...s-on-jefferson/

Not to get political, but I was referring to the decision in Texas to remove TJ from all school text books (the issue you correctly link to).

Back to the subject at hand: I also loved watching MJ play. Just a phenomenal player to watch.

Not to get political, but I was referring to the decision in Texas to remove TJ from all school text books (the issue you correctly link to).

Back to the subject at hand: I also loved watching MJ play. Just a phenomenal player to watch.

Yes, but you know, in my opinion, LeBron is a more spectacular player. LBJ needs to win some titles, but his "Wow" factor exceeds that of Jordan.

Give your opinions

64 championship...hard to beat that

In order...Dante Lavelli, Jim Brown, Leroy Kelly

Merlin Olsen, Alex Karras, Dick Butkus

John Elway, Roman Gabriel, Bobby Layne

NA

Yes, but you know, in my opinion, LeBron is a more spectacular player. LBJ needs to win some titles, but his "Wow" factor exceeds that of Jordan.

It's difficult to compare considering Jordan played in a time when the hand-check was still legal. I think LBJ is a better defensive player than MJ, but MJ takes the trophy of best overall player, IMHO.

Give your opinions

Browns 26 Steelers 24, 1972 or Browns 8 Buffalo 0 2007

Greg Pruitt, Brian Sipe, Jerry Sherk

Jack Lambert, Roger Staubach, Barry Sanders

John Elway, Issac Curtis, Lynn Swan

3...ouch

Give your opinions

Well the Jets playoff game was pretty damn hard to beat but if we are talking games that i have seen personally then it would be my first ever game in Cleveland which was the Seahawks win in overtime in 2007. Not a bad first game huh!

Matthews

Slaughter

Kosar

I have a soft spot for the Bucs because they were the first team I ever saw play as a kid on a Disney holiday back in 81. That's what got me hooked on NFL football - it took another 8 years to settle on a team - Thanks to one Jamie berger from Cuyahoga Falls who convinced me to become a Browns fan in a pub in London in 1989.

Rod Woodson

Troy Polyanna Hairdo

Heinz Baked beans ward

Pass......

Give your opinions

Browns vs Jets, Kosar and Browns won on fractured ankle in overtime.

Leroy Kelly, Kosar, Clay Mathews/Jerry Sherk. Sorry, couldn't only name 3. LOL

Joe Namath, Mike Singletary, Joe Montana/Jerry Rice. Well, they acted as one.

Dirty, stupid, ugly, nasty, stinkin ratbirds. All of em.

Squeelers, all of em.

and John Elway, Troy Pollypoopoo, Mean Joe Greene the sissy. GGG

It's difficult to compare considering Jordan played in a time when the hand-check was still legal. I think LBJ is a better defensive player than MJ, but MJ takes the trophy of best overall player, IMHO.

The only thing that MJ could do better, in my opinion, is hit the outside shot...and at winning those titles. But LeBron is becoming much better at the shooting, and hopefully he will start to get the titles under his belt.

Give your opinions

Browns vs Jets, Kosar and Browns won on fractured ankle in overtime.

Perhaps you are thinking about a different game, but I thought it was against the 49ers that Kosar was hobbling around on the fractured ankle, yet still managed to pull the game out. In fact, I believe it was a Monday night game.

Give your opinions

1987 Playoff against Jets. Down 10 pts. with 4 min left. Won it in double O.T.

Kosar passed for almost 500 yds. I think the broken ankle game was 1992 Monday nt against dolphins but we lost 27-23.

Kosar Matthews Brennan

Butkis Fran Tarkenton Barry Sanders

Elway Ray Lewis Jack Lambert

N/A

Archived