THE BROWNS BOARD

Strong quake hits off Papua New Guinea

Does anyone else think something more is going on here? This has to be a record in the last 2 weeks, no?

A strong 6.6 magnitude quake struck off Papua New Guinea's coast on Monday, US geologists said, but there was no tsunami warning and the epicentre's depth lessened the likelihood of damage.

The quake struck at 1400 GMT with its epicentre located 93 kilometres (58 miles) north of the town of Rabaul on New Britain island and at a depth of 415 kilometres, the United States Geological Survey said.

There was no immediate alert from the Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre, based in Hawaii.

Does anyone else think something more is going on here? This has to be a record in the last 2 weeks, no?

A strong 6.6 magnitude quake struck off Papua New Guinea's coast on Monday, US geologists said, but there was no tsunami warning and the epicentre's depth lessened the likelihood of damage.

The quake struck at 1400 GMT with its epicentre located 93 kilometres (58 miles) north of the town of Rabaul on New Britain island and at a depth of 415 kilometres, the United States Geological Survey said.

There was no immediate alert from the Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre, based in Hawaii.

have you seen the movie 2012?

South America and Africa were connected at one time, so something caused them to spread as far apart as they have.

The earth changes, and I don't think always as slowly as some want us to believe.

Venus revolves in retro...Neptune on a 90 degree...its pole always faces the sun....visual proof planets flop on their axis from time to time. there is no reason this one can't in the future or hasn't done the same in the past.

I think Antarctica holds many answers under the ice and the info is being bottled up. It wasn't always covered up with ice...and the deep freeze is what has kept it preserved where in other places, the eons have wasted it to sand.

If things keep shifting at our core, the weight will be distributed differently, and then plop...the planet flops over. Not over hundreds or thousands of years...maybe a matter of a few minutes. Now that would cause a flood as the ocean water swept over the earth. It would finally settle back where it is as those are the low spots, but the USA could become the souther pole, or somewhere in the souther hemisphere...maybe like Neptune, we may be on the spot that always faces the sun....or....the side that is always dark.

You can go to Google Earth, install it, and have the entire planet's earthquakes marked

for you. the ones in red are just in the last hour. It is AMAZING - how many there are in certain places.

It gives the strength of each quake. Makes you wonder...

Well Cal, I'd guess that it's just your run of the mill plate tectonics theory. These earthquakes have been happening since forever ago, but I believe Peen was hinting toward the Theory of Earth Crust Displacement. There is some far-out evidence that supports this, though there isn't much of it, and many geologists/historians wouldn't even touch it for fear of ridicule. But basically, the evidence is as follows...

Maps that were allegedly once held in the Library of Alexandria show a consistent continent that shared many characteristics with modern-day Antarctica. The most telling feature of it, however, was that the continent was shown to be divided into two halves. However, scientists have shown that the last time Antarctica was warm enough to see this was 10,000 years ago. Also, they had the accuracy and noticed some things that weren't easily seen unless looked at from the air.

But... I just pulled an all nighter, and I NEED a nap. Maybe I'll continue later, but give earth crust displacement a google. I think that its religious implications and explanations are fascinating.

South America and Africa were connected at one time, so something caused them to spread as far apart as they have.

The earth changes, and I don't think always as slowly as some want us to believe.

Venus revolves in retro...Neptune on a 90 degree...its pole always faces the sun....visual proof planets flop on their axis from time to time. there is no reason this one can't in the future or hasn't done the same in the past.

I think Antarctica holds many answers under the ice and the info is being bottled up. It wasn't always covered up with ice...and the deep freeze is what has kept it preserved where in other places, the eons have wasted it to sand.

If things keep shifting at our core, the weight will be distributed differently, and then plop...the planet flops over. Not over hundreds or thousands of years...maybe a matter of a few minutes. Now that would cause a flood as the ocean water swept over the earth. It would finally settle back where it is as those are the low spots, but the USA could become the souther pole, or somewhere in the souther hemisphere...maybe like Neptune, we may be on the spot that always faces the sun....or....the side that is always dark.

As some have speculated, maybe Atlantis is buried under the ice of Antarctica....and that the legend of its destruction was caused by one of these pole shifts.

I think however that if there were indeed a technically perfect pole shift, we would actually end up pretty close to where we are now in terms of where we would be relative to the poles and the equator. The poles would be where the prime meridian now meets the equator, and where approximatley the international date line meets the equator.

Only is the southern hemisphere and the sun would rise in the west.....but as Neptune shows, shifts aren't always perfect, but yeah, I tend to think the shift would be more or less 180 degrees.

if we all somehow survived, buy stock in Rand McNalley...they would have a field day printing new maps.

I think the next Congressional bill to come out, will require a

tranway style ceiling railing to be install in all homes and office buildings,

or pay a 750 dollar fine.

Maybe in barns, too. And woods, on all board walks.

But, really, if the earth does do a flippety-flippety, I hope the hell Pelosi, Reid, all of the Dems,

and the entire ObaMao admin fly off the earth.

I do hope they land safely on another planet in our galaxy... honest. @@

Archived