THE BROWNS BOARD

Peyton Hillis Highlights

The Gipper

Didn't the 49ers have a great receiving fullback when holmgren was there?

They had a couple, Tom Rathman comes to mind.

I just realized this was a white dude. When is the last time we had a good caucasian RB in this league? So yea, this guy could be reminiscent of Rathman, or a Mike Alstott. Though he seems like he may even be faster.

See the video on Browns new RB Peyton Hillis. He could actually become a weapon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K9cSqlca4w&NR=1

Love the footwork along the sidelines @ 1:05 and the Hands from a full back @1:55. Barring no injuries I like the way our running attack looks next year.

In case anyone forgot we were ranked #8 in rushing at the end of the season,

But we were so $hitty at passing last year it drove our stats for total offense to dead last.

I think we just need a deep threat at wide out and some O line help, we should improve next year, depending on which Jake we get.

But this guy catching balls and taking turns with Harrison is a huge plus

Love the footwork along the sidelines @ 1:05 and the Hands from a full back @1:55. Barring no injuries I like the way our running attack looks next year.

In case anyone forgot we were ranked #8 in rushing at the end of the season,

But we were so $hitty at passing last year it drove our stats for total offense to dead last.

I think we just need a deep threat at wide out and some O line help, we should improve next year, depending on which Jake we get.

But this guy catching balls and taking turns with Harrison is a huge plus

Damn this dude runs hard! Wimbley barely even slowed him down. Our depth at RB is probably the best at any position on the team right now which is funny thinking about our rushing "attack" the past 2 years

he looks every bit a TE at 1:33.

i really love this pick-up. i was always a huge Mack and Hoard fan and he looks faster and probably has better hands than they did too.

i like the move, but it's a little early to compare him to Mack in any aspect of the position.

i like the move, but it's a little early to compare him to Mack in any aspect of the position.
it is? you really think it's premature to compare his speed and hands?

just look at the vids roach, do you really disagree?

it's not like i made any grand predictions about how many TD's he'll have or anything. and it's not like the guy is a rookie either.

look at the way he bounces off defenders, protects the ball, catches with his hands, and keeps his feet on contact>>he has great balance. i think there's much more merit for comparison than i even mentioned. maybe i just should have said i like big backs and i'm really damn excited because it's apparent to me this guy has NFL talent in spades.

here's something interesting i noticed today: Hillis and James Davis are the same age--but Davis is a rookie and Hillis is in his 3rd year. Jennings is actually even older than Hillis, and he's also a rookie. we got a great young player with some good experience and very low miles.

it is? you really think it's premature to compare his speed and hands?

just look at the vids roach, do you really disagree?

i don't remember Mack making circus catches, but i know we were not reluctant to throw to him when the situation called for it. Byner was the big reception guy out of the backfield.

As for speed, i remember some nice break away runs by Mack. i hope we will see that from Hillis.

i don't remember Mack making circus catches, but i know we were not reluctant to throw to him when the situation called for it. Byner was the big reception guy out of the backfield.

As for speed, i remember some nice break away runs by Mack. i hope we will see that from Hillis.

I can remember Mack bailing our ass out on a play during the Jets/Browns double overtime playoff game when it looked as if Bernie was going to be sacked for a 19 yard loss. Mack caught the ball and took off and ran for a first down and out of bounds to stop the clock.

maybe i wasn't clear--Mack was my dude roach. i LOVED the guy (still do). i wasn't putting Mack down, just hopeful Hillis can help return CLE football to what it once was. i love big backs and Kevin Mack has always been my favorite.

First post on this board, I followed Peyton Hillis from the Razorbacks to the Broncos and now to the Browns. IMO, what he will bring to the Browns: 1)soft hands, a very good pass catcher out of the backfield. 2) good blocker. 3) good special teams player. 4) plays hard and with attitude.( every team needs one of these)

Looking forward to the season and will follow the Browns with interest. I was a big Browns fan when I was a kid, my favorite all time player is Jim Brown.

Jim Brown retired, I moved, not just one reason.

How can that happen? Usually when you are a fan of a team when you are young, you are a fan of a team forever. I have never heard of anyone "moving on" from something like that. Unlike, say, your first wife.

Archived