THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns targeting Vincent Jackson

CLEVELandMILIDH

T.O. Could Be a Cleveland Brown.

by caleb dotson Contributor Written on March 25, 2010

Do you want T.O. in Cleveland?

I was reading an article or interview rather on the OBR. Like most Cleveland article's it discussed the Brown's Quarterback merry go round and draft possibilities. But what caught my eye was that the Brown's are very interested in Vincent Jackson and could make a real move for him. Also the Brown's have not shut the door on T.O. because of the lack of veteran talent at the wide out position. Obviously most Cleveland fans would like to see Jackson in a Brown's uniform. But would you like to see T.O. in Cleveland it's very tough to say which T.O. you may get. The T.O. who love's his quarterback and will shed a tear for him or the T.O. who tosses the entire team out in front of the first greyhound driving by Monday mourning. As for me I am sceptical but it is hard to deny the lack of veteran leadership at wide receiver. I guess only time will tell but I will be very surprised if there is not another WR in Cleveland by draft day.

So Philly doesn't have good people? San Fran? Dude you're high.
if you're trying to insult me you're going to have to try harder than that. B)

Philly and SF were a lifetime ago--he's not even the same person now. you sure you just weren't reaching so you could say that?

Dallas and Buffalo carry more weight, and i'd venture to say no locker room has had the character level our new regime is attempting to assemble.

he's smoking meth. HELL NO!!!
of all people i thought you would be receptive to giving a guy another chance miktoxic.

what has he done recently to make you think he'd be a cancer in CLE?

mik, being a veteran you should be able to appreciate what an effect those around you can have, both positively and negatively. this really can't be understated.

immaturity and me-first attitudes won't fly under Mangini, nor will his peers stand for it here either.

of all people i thought you would be receptive to giving a guy another chance miktoxic.

what has he done recently to make you think he'd be a cancer in CLE?

mik, being a veteran you should be able to appreciate what an effect those around you can have, both positively and negatively. this really can't be understated.

immaturity and me-first attitudes won't fly under Mangini, nor will his peers stand for it here either.

don't get me wrong sisky, the guy can play and he is a world class athlete but the thing above his neck is what scares me. psycho. period.

TO was pretty quiet in Buffalo. I think as long as he's not on a team that's expected to win right now he won't be as bad of a locker room problem. Unpredictably he probably would be a less of a problem at this stage in his career than Braylon was.

Terrell Owens has a personality disorder. Get him with a therapist and into a high character locker room and it might be okay.

The thing is there will be no movement on TO until after the draft. Teams are going to wait and see what they get before they sign up for the "T.O. Show".

i hope they don't burn our draft for some big name FO receiver. i like the moves we've made so far but let's stay the course. draft the safety at #7, next pick a QB. then we need to look at what positions to fill on the lines. i think momass will develop into a good receiver. robiskie is smart and could be our brian brennan of the future. i think this year these guys are really gonna step up.

Everything that Holmgren, Heckert, and Mangini have ever said about what kind of players they are looking for, i.e..... players who are not prima donna a-holes, would suggest that T.O. will never be in cleveland. That guy is over rated and inconsistent, which is why Dallas got rid of him. I'm not worried about it.

Philly and SF were a lifetime ago--he's not even the same person now. you sure you just weren't reaching so you could say that?

Dallas and Buffalo carry more weight, and i'd venture to say no locker room has had the character level our new regime is attempting to assemble.

Dude he is just after a few extra mil now. He is a has been and still is a ass.

Bring TO to Cleveland!

He'll make the long walk from the tailgate party to the Stadium worth it. Let's mix a little attitude in for all the rooks that Holmgren and Mangini will be training. We need someone to loosen up all of Mangini's choir boys. After all, it is football. Right?

i'm ready to have some fun again.

I would welcome any WR at this point.. Can we really pick and choose between the players we get and expect to be any good..

I am still crying about trading Ernest Byner for Ron Oliphant.. Why?? What were the browns thinking??

Goes to show what a bust this guy was when it's tough to even remember his f'in name (it was MIKE Oliphant, not Ron...)

Not really insulting you man. Just saying it would be a stupid move. So he's changed? He's not even the same person, lol. You must get the TO insider. Dude he's not a team player he's selfish. Look at his twitter on Wednesday he posted 20 times. Yea it's not about him. LOL!

Vincent would cost our first and third, unless we could somehow give them next years first. Either that or were also trying to work out trades gaining another first round pick.

Wouldn't want to give that much up for him but since they just lost there NT maybe a trade involving Rogers would do the trick, but he'd have to be willing to sign a long term contract before I pulled the trigger

T.O. is a going to be a distraction on a team likely looking from the outside in on the playoffs, remember how hard the browns played in the final 4 games of the season...i doubt T.O. is willing to put that sort of effort in when the games are 'meaningless'

Vincent played very well in a contract year with one of the best QBs in the league throwing him the ball...i'll pass on overpaying for him

If all we want is vet leadership bring in someone who won't be a cap burden or a distraction

Roach my friend I am going to participate twice this year as we are now about being forward instead of stupid.....no more sewage

see yah at doze tailgates and come here and be my guest

I do recognize what I said went zoom not surprising...........and all is is on the wrong number TO

Roach my friend I am going to participate twice this year as we are now about being forward instead of stupid.....no more sewage

see yah at doze tailgates and come here and be my guest

I do recognize what I said went zoom not surprising...........and all is is on the wrong number TO

Looking forward to seeing you and Joe and the whole gang this season.

Archived