THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns targeting Vincent Jackson

CLEVELandMILIDH

i maintain, long time ago>>>show me some stuff in a Buffalo uni and i'll see the red flags too.

sure, he's done his share of Ocho type distraction stuff but at least he doesn't catch legal charges. he may be a severe narcissist but i think he's shown he's matured a lot since then regarding his NFL exploits. a few years is a long time and messaging on Twitter is what it is. a great conversation between him and the brass and a one year deal, who knows? Delhomme and TO could seriously kill some defenses together.

the right team environment could really do wonders for him...or maybe you're right. maybe he's not worth the possible headache. forgiveness can be a virtue or a weakness.

that's why H3 & EM get paid the big $$ and i'm just a fan (but i'd openly accept him as a Brown until he proves he doesn't deserve it--clean slate).

i maintain, long time ago>>>show me some stuff in a Buffalo uni and i'll see the red flags too.

sure, he's done his share of Ocho type distraction stuff but at least he doesn't catch legal charges. he may be a severe narcissist but i think he's shown he's matured a lot since then regarding his NFL exploits. a few years is a long time and messaging on Twitter is what it is. a great conversation between him and the brass and a one year deal, who knows? Delhomme and TO could seriously kill some defenses together.

the right team environment could really do wonders for him...or maybe you're right. maybe he's not worth the possible headache. forgiveness can be a virtue or a weakness.

that's why H3 & EM get paid the big $$ and i'm just a fan (but i'd openly accept him as a Brown until he proves he doesn't deserve it--clean slate).

I'm not buying into the TO is a "changed man" thing what so ever. Historically everywhere he has went after SF he was a choir boy the first year, after that he's a clown.

His negatives far out way the positives for him to be of value to the browns.

The dude is 36 years old, if he is not mature by now then he will never change. He is in great shape for his age, but i really dont see how his "Veteran" leadership could or would help this team. He has really never been about TEAM, as much as T.O. If we were to get V. Jackson it would be a great pick up, he has progressed every year since he has been in the NFL. I just dont want to give up high draft picks for a player.

T.O. Could Be a Cleveland Brown.

by caleb dotson Contributor Written on March 25, 2010

Do you want T.O. in Cleveland?

I say bring in TO...!!!!

Still has more talent then anyone on the outside..currently on the roster...

would give some personality along with Jake DelPICK!...could be fun watching those two yell at each other... :lol:

I didnt want to make a thread about this so Im posting it here

Dez Bryant forgot his cleats

Posted by Mike Florio on March 30, 2010 3:01 PM ET

As it turns out, Oklahoma State receiver Dez Bryant showed up on time for his Pro Day workout.

His cleats, however, didn't make the trip.

We're told that Bryant forgot to bring his cleats, and that as a result he had to wear a pair of brand-new shoes, which had not properly been broken in.

As a result, Bryant was slipping, as NFLN's Mike Mayock pointed out when discussing the workout on the air.

Per a league source, at least one team measured Bryant's times in the 40-yard dash at 4.57 and 4.62 seconds, within the 4.52 to 4.68 range reported by NFL.com. He presumably would have run faster, but for the slipping.

With TO out there for cheap, Brandon Marshall's a proven stud and can be had for a 1st rd. pick, and Plaxico Burress out there (any news on him?)

Why would a team invest a 1st round pick for a guy thats not proven and has major character concerns when you can have one of these 3 for less money and more production? He just might fall all the way to the Bengals

I was unable to find where TO or his agent said he would play for cheap. So if you could post a link it would be helpful.

I think TO has worn out his welcome in the NFL and there is a far greater risk than reward.

Although he puts up good numbers his hands are only a shade better than Edwards and TO drops alot of catchable balls.

Plus the guy is a whine ass like no other when it comes to getting the ball, and if he don't he seems to kick it back a notch or two and pout like a little kid.

There is a reason he's unsigned... first he's not cheap.... second he's not a team player. If it was just one of those problems he would be signed and working with a team at OTA's.

Bring TO to Cleveland!

He'll make the long walk from the tailgate party to the Stadium worth it. Let's mix a little attitude in for all the rooks that Holmgren and Mangini will be training. We need someone to loosen up all of Mangini's choir boys. After all, it is football. Right?

i'm ready to have some fun again.

I agree, I want to be intertained, not just read what a nice fisherman our fine drafted players are.

I was unable to find where TO or his agent said he would play for cheap. So if you could post a link it would be helpful.

I think TO has worn out his welcome in the NFL and there is a far greater risk than reward.

Although he puts up good numbers his hands are only a shade better than Edwards and TO drops alot of catchable balls.

Plus the guy is a whine ass like no other when it comes to getting the ball, and if he don't he seems to kick it back a notch or two and pout like a little kid.

There is a reason he's unsigned... first he's not cheap.... second he's not a team player. If it was just one of those problems he would be signed and working with a team at OTA's.

TO could be had for around 5 mill if not less, Dez would make twice that if drafted high. And im not saying I want TO on the Browns, you totally missed the point of my post. The point I was trying to make was if you dont want TO, Marshall, Burress on your team why the hell would you want Bryant on your team

• 1 month later...

Vincent Jackson still has not signed his tender with the Chargers. I really wish we would make a play for him. Im sure we have a player "D Jackson" and a 3rd or 4th rounder that they might like to have. We need another WR this year and Vincent would be a great addition.

Vincent Jackson still has not signed his tender with the Chargers. I really wish we would make a play for him. Im sure we have a player "D Jackson" and a 3rd or 4th rounder that they might like to have. We need another WR this year and Vincent would be a great addition.

Well, I believe the Browns need some additional help at WR. I am not an NFL talent evaluator, but the Browns have a good WR talent evaluator on their staff: Paul Warfield. I will trust him to figure this out. In reality he has done a decent job recommending Braylon and K2 among others. Those guys WERE very talented. Other issues did them in here. With younguns like MoMass, Robo, Carlton Mitchell (dude needs a nickname) et al a little veteran help would be good. Jackson? Why not?

i say hell yeah to T.O.

introduce T.O. into a high character environment like the locker room EM and H3 are building and i think it checks and balances him. bring him in.

You're kidding right? I could see bringing T.O in to a already established locker room with a track record of success. Cleveland currently isn't that locker room and once gain trying to win via free agency is NEVER the answer. How often do you see teams like Pittsburgh, New England etc bringing in super high profile free agents. You bring ii what fits and build through the draft, you don't take flyers on random free agents and hope to get lucky with a winning formula. Cleveland is not a good fit for T.O and I can't imagine San Diego letting go of Vincent Jackson. They don't have the LT contract and he's really the only 100% WR they have outside of Gates at TE. Floyd and Nannee sure as hell aren't guys you want starting 1 and 2.

You're kidding right? I could see bringing T.O in to a already established locker room with a track record of success. Cleveland currently isn't that locker room and once gain trying to win via free agency is NEVER the answer. How often do you see teams like Pittsburgh, New England etc bringing in super high profile free agents. You bring ii what fits and build through the draft, you don't take flyers on random free agents and hope to get lucky with a winning formula. Cleveland is not a good fit for T.O and I can't imagine San Diego letting go of Vincent Jackson. They don't have the LT contract and he's really the only 100% WR they have outside of Gates at TE. Floyd and Nannee sure as hell aren't guys you want starting 1 and 2.

Well, actually, the Pats did bring in Corey Dillon and Randy Moss. Those were some pretty high profile FAs. And that worked for them. Nevertheless, I agree that I doubt that T.O. would be a good fit here. Though, wonders never cease.

Its like Shaq coming here to the Cavs. He fit in just fine. He became injured and became old in the tooth, but he fit in where a lot of people thought he may have been a square peg in a round hole.

With TO out there for cheap, Brandon Marshall's a proven stud and can be had for a 1st rd. pick, and Plaxico Burress out there (any news on him?)

Why would a team invest a 1st round pick for a guy thats not proven and has major character concerns when you can have one of these 3 for less money and more production? He just might fall all the way to the Bengals

LOL I almost nailed that one exactly, I think he went 2 picks after Cincy

As far a Vincent Jackson, im thinking we already have 2 WR's alot like him; especially Robiskie. If we go after a WR we need either a burner or a big physical guy.

Well, actually, the Pats did bring in Corey Dillon and Randy Moss. Those were some pretty high profile FAs. And that worked for them. Nevertheless, I agree that I doubt that T.O. would be a good fit here. Though, wonders never cease.

Its like Shaq coming here to the Cavs. He fit in just fine. He became injured and became old in the tooth, but he fit in where a lot of people thought he may have been a square peg in a round hole.

Bringing in Corey Dillon and Moss was/is worlds different. The Pats also acquired Randy Moss for a song and he still had and does have a bunch of gas in the tank.

On the local news here in Ohio - Jim Donovan says Robiskie sp?

is lighting it up in training camp, and looking terrific like he is ready to

step in after taking some time to get into adapting to the new offense, etc.

He'll be fine, and I can't wait to see Carlton.

On the local news here in Ohio - Jim Donovan says Robiskie sp?

is lighting it up in training camp, and looking terrific like he is ready to

step in after taking some time to get into adapting to the new offense, etc.

He'll be fine, and I can't wait to see Carlton.

Be careful who you listen to in Cleveland. Brady had a terrible training camp and Donovan talked like he was far and away the best QB last year. I try and wait until I go to Berea a few times and make my own assesments. But I can see how Robo should be coming along. Years 2-3 for WRs are when you can see what they will be. And I can't imagine any scenerio where he could be a bust. He's just too solid in all areas to be a bust.

Bringing in Corey Dillon and Moss was/is worlds different. The Pats also acquired Randy Moss for a song and he still had and does have a bunch of gas in the tank.

Just how was that a world of difference?

And if the Browns got T.O. it wouldn't even cost them a song. Only a few off key (bank) notes.

(though certainly, yes, Moss was in the prime of his career when picked up by NE. T.O. is not. If T.O. were to brought in here, he would be playing a role that would be completely out of character for him: veteran mentor to young WRs.

Now, certainly, his maturity level has to be questioned as to whether he would be prepared to take on a role like that given his track record....and I am by no means advocating getting him, but, as I said, wonders never cease.)

Still I believe your comment about it being worlds different has to be explained and justified.

Be careful who you listen to in Cleveland. Brady had a terrible training camp and Donovan talked like he was far and away the best QB last year. I try and wait until I go to Berea a few times and make my own assesments. But I can see how Robo should be coming along. Years 2-3 for WRs are when you can see what they will be. And I can't imagine any scenerio where he could be a bust. He's just too solid in all areas to be a bust.

Because Robo is not your "speed burner" who you just chuck the ball up an ask him to go get it, but more of a possession type guy, yes, he would have a longer development process. He is more the cerebral type, being the son of a coach.

He is more like another former Buckeye: Chris Carter. I am not saying he will end up being as good as Carter was (though we can hope) I am only saying he has a similar game. And it took Carter a couple of years to get things going in the NFL.

Just how was that a world of difference?

And if the Browns got T.O. it wouldn't even cost them a song. Only a few off key (bank) notes.

(though certainly, yes, Moss was in the prime of his career when picked up by NE. T.O. is not. If T.O. were to brought in here, he would be playing a role that would be completely out of character for him: veteran mentor to young WRs.

Now, certainly, his maturity level has to be questioned as to whether he would be prepared to take on a role like that given his track record....and I am by no means advocating getting him, but, as I said, wonders never cease.)

Still I believe your comment about it being worlds different has to be explained and justified

You answered the question yourself. Moss was/is in his prime. T.O is 36 years old. Also Moss was highly disgruntled in Oakland and needed a winning environment to re-emerge and rededicate his game. The Browns aren't a winning franchise for one and once again T.O is 36. T.O surprisingly enough held it together in Buffalo probably because he wanted his pay check. He may do the same in Cleveland who knows but I think if he goes anywhere it has to be a team that has a shot at winning.

You answered the question yourself. Moss was/is in his prime. T.O is 36 years old. Also Moss was highly disgruntled in Oakland and needed a winning environment to re-emerge and rededicate his game. The Browns aren't a winning franchise for one and once again T.O is 36. T.O surprisingly enough held it together in Buffalo probably because he wanted his pay check. He may do the same in Cleveland who knows but I think if he goes anywhere it has to be a team that has a shot at winning.

Moss didn't go to the Pats because they were a winning franchise. He went for the cash!!

Moss didn't go to the Pats because they were a winning franchise. He went for the cash!!

Randy Moss didn't sign for a bunch of money out of the gate, at least I don't believe he did. Also you'd be naive to think he didn't go there to play with Tom Brady and Co. My sarcasm meter may be off so forgive me if it is, but he definitely didn't go there for the cash seeing as he was leaving a Al Davis run team that paid him through the nose in the first place.

Archived