THE BROWNS BOARD

Some Facts about Tebow

nobuo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fact- Requests prayer time for himself and others before taking wonderlics

I don't see a problem in that.

It takes a strong person to do that IMO.

Guest birddog1
I don't see a problem in that.

It takes a strong person to do that IMO.

I agree, he stands up for what he believes in. Commitment requires conviction, I'm betting it will not only apply to his religious belief but also his desire to be a better football player.

Pretty good read there. We can all sit and speculate on what QB the Browns should draft, because they will draft one, but the reality is no one but the three amigos really know the skinny. Holmgrens name and credibility as a football "czar" are riding on this project called the Cleveland Browns. So, bet your bottom dollar that, Holmgren will be stepping surely. I, for one, have all the faith in our new front office. The browns will be competitive for years to come. It may have taken 10 years but they are finally on the right track. God bless football!

Go Browns!

Why is it so important for Tebow to change his throwing motion ? Why mess with it now? It seems to work for him.

It was slow and low, with the higher release its quicker and also less likely to get batted down at the line and its harder for the secondary to get a jump on the ball.

QUOTE (halfsane @ Mar 26 2010, 05:43 PM)

Why is it so important for Tebow to change his throwing motion ? Why mess with it now? It seems to work for him.

It was slow and low, with the higher release its quicker and also less likely to get batted down at the line and its harder for the secondary to get a jump on the ball.

Yup- look at the really great NFL qbs like Manning, Brees, or Dan Marino. They drop back, and bam, the ball is out of their hands- usually before the defense can react to what they're doing.

Also carying the ball that low with an exaggerated windup is an open invitation to any defensive lineman (also gives them an extra split second) within 10 feet to take a dive to try and knock the ball out of Timmy's hands.

Finally, if that article proves anything, there isn't an exact correlation of college stats to pro potential. Gino Toretta was right up there with the big boys in college production, and flopped in the pros. The jury may still be out, but qb guru Mike Holmgren thinks Brady Quinn is on the same path to bustdom- and I don't mean Canton in the HOF.

I agree, he stands up for what he believes in. Commitment requires conviction, I'm betting it will not only apply to his religious belief but also his desire to be a better football player.

I don't mind, as long as they all agree to face east and pray to Allah along with Mohammed Massaquoi, and as long as they are willing to join along with the officially sanctioned Seder that Randy Lerner will hold. And as long as they all agree to chant Hare Krishna. and as long as Baal, Zeus, Jupiter, Ra, Buddha, the White Buffalo woman, the Great Spirit, Thor, Quetzacoatl all get equal time.

And just so that no one is left out, we will need them to be given the following link to most earthly deities:

http://ancienthistory.about.com/library/bl..._gods_index.htm

And heck, we haven't even mentioned the Gods of Vulcan, and lest we not forget The Force.

The whole prayer at the Wonderlic thing strikes me as much ado about nothing on all sides. On the one hand, praying before a test (or a game) is pretty common stuff, so I don't see the need to get offended by it; it's innoccuous and not terribly likely to have an impact on things one way or another. On the other hand, it doesn't strike me as a terribly courageous act, either. He said he wanted to pray, someone...um...expressed a contrary view, everyone moved on; it's not like he got shipped to Auschwitz.

Dennis

The whole prayer at the Wonderlic thing strikes me as much ado about nothing on all sides. On the one hand, praying before a test (or a game) is pretty common stuff, so I don't see the need to get offended by it; it's innoccuous and not terribly likely to have an impact on things one way or another. On the other hand, it doesn't strike me as a terribly courageous act, either. He said he wanted to pray, someone...um...expressed a contrary view, everyone moved on; it's not like he got shipped to Auschwitz.

Dennis

much ado about nothing............unless you believe in a faith that is not being given equal time or concern. this is the ncaa and the nfl, do we now go down the list of who want s to do what before or after a game/test that is being recorded or broadcast? where does this end? nothing is ever gained by talking politics or religion amongst people of different beliefs, it's a no win situation. these athletic leagues should allow for a time and place off camera and record for everyone to do what he or she likes and then get on with the game. this message bullshit has got to stop. let an islamic player get on tv and talk about his god as a florida gator player and see how fast that tv feed stops.

Here is what Jesus is supposed to really look like based on a rendition of the view taken from the shroud of Turin.

08%20-%20RealJesus.jpeg

Note the stunning similarity, save the hairline.

don't know if the religious right would quite agree with this depiction of jesus, even though the facts surrounding this mess all come to the same conclusion............he wasn't white.

don't know if the religious right would quite agree with this depiction of jesus, even though the facts surrounding this mess all come to the same conclusion............he wasn't white.

This is a Semitic person, which based on geography Jesus would have been. Of course, if he truly were the son of God, then the fundamental religious right would have to admit that he could have changed his appearance at any time to suit whomever he chose to fit in. One day he could be semitic, the next caucasian, then negroid, the next oriental. Some claim that Jesus appeared on the North American Continent as a Native American. But, this would be his semitic look for when he would hang around Gallilee or Jerusalem.

Fair to say?

This is a Semitic person, which based on geography Jesus would have been. Of course, if he truly were the son of God, then the fundamental religious right would have to admit that he could have changed his appearance at any time to suit whomever he chose to fit in. One day he could be semitic, the next caucasian, then negroid, the next oriental. Some claim that Jesus appeared on the North American Continent as a Native American. But, this would be his semitic look for when he would hang around Gallilee or Jerusalem.

Fair to say?

I agree. God can manifest in to anything that he wants. It's why I tend to think Jesus, Allah, Budda and any of the rest are all one in the same.....just different manifestations.

People are the ones who take 'their" manifestation as the only correct path to God...it's all the same God IMO.

I agree. God can manifest in to anything that he wants. It's why I tend to think Jesus, Allah, Budda and any of the rest are all one in the same.....just different manifestations.

People are the ones who take 'their" manifestation as the only correct path to God...it's all the same God IMO.

Yes, that is zealotry. It leads to people doing evil things such as killing innocent people with a suicide bomb (or a plane) because some warped Phukhead convinced another warped dupe to do such a thing, but of course the warped Phukhead would be too cowardly to do the same. (And it is not just Muslims. There are a slew of warped phukheads on the Christian right that for some reason think that the issue concerning healthcare in this country is an issue that God is all fire concerned about and they threaten violence over that...idiots)

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Artic...arterbacks.html

An excellent excellent article with some pretty impressive information that I was unaware of.

Going back to the original issue of this thread.....the proposition that Tim Tebow belongs in the clouds with Peyton and Eli Manning, Tim Couch, Matt Stafford, and Jamarcus Russell, I think it needs to be pointed out that college numbers do not necessarily translate to the pro game. No one ever denied that the guy had great numbers in college.

But let this guy compare Tebow's numbers to those of say Ryan Leaf and Gino Torretta and Steve Walsh and Alex Smith and Matt Leinert and Jason White and etc. etc. etc. Those guys may all have had equal or greater numbers than Tebow had in college....and based on this guys pure statistical analysis he may have argued that all those guys would have been a "Sure Thing" (nothwithstanding that the only sure thing is Nicolette Sheridan). Obviously, they were not sure things. And neither is Tebow based on most expert opinions.

I live in Florida and have had to suffer through the Tebow mania for years. I don't like his religious views,period. If god loves us all the same why are we not treated all the same? To put someone with radical religious views on a pedestal,because they play sports,and partially because of his "values",is,in my opinion,foolish.

I live in Florida and have had to suffer through the Tebow mania for years. I don't like his religious views,period. If god loves us all the same why are we not treated all the same? To put someone with radical religious views on a pedestal,because they play sports,and partially because of his "values",is,in my opinion,foolish.

He hasn't been put on a pedestal for his religious views. If he didn't play football, you would have never heard of him.

God treats us all the same. Some of us do better than others because we did a better job of preparing and possibly got a bit lucky along the way.

Don't blame Tim Tebow for your failures in life. That's all on you.

You wanna know who is truely spiritual? The guy who never talks about it.

The kid's a fraud. It's like Jimmy Swaggart and Dan McGuire had a baby and named him Tim Tebow.

I'm not a believer but I have no problem with someone trying to help me see what he does and I can't.

Animosity toward Christians doesn't make one seem particularly hip.

WSS

I'm not a believer but I have no problem with someone trying to help me see what he does and I can't.

Animosity toward Christians doesn't make one seem particularly hip.

WSS

I don't have any animosity toward Christians, in fact I didn't even know what his religion is until now. I just know that if you have to advertise how much you love jesus than you are likely trying to deflect and hide. The most spiritual people I have ever come across in my life never once tried to convert or preach to anyone. It is supposed to be a personal relationship and anyone who has what they consider to be a real connection with their god, should be happy with that and leave the rest of us alone. It wasn't until they realized how lucrative faith is that they started spreading "the word" so small independent churches could get their cut of the dough. Timmy is a product of thousands of years worth of corruption and "coaching" and more than anything, it shows me that he is a robot, not a leader or a QB. Grown men aren't going to get behind a cub scout cheer especially if that cub scout throws 3 picks or leads the team to 4 straight losses.

Faith is not a trait I look for in a QB and it's not something that a secure, peaceful person feels the need to advertise. I'm not sure if you have heard of Drew Brees but he is a very religious man who does A LOT of good for people. He doesn't feel the need to tell the world whenever he sees a microphone. And Paul Newman, a guy who started selling salad dressing for charity and at one point donated $300,000,000.00 in one year to charities; didn't subscribe to any faith. It's not what you preach or advertise, it's what you do with your time on the planet. Preaching doesn't give anything to anyone who wasn't searching for it on the first place. The same people that fall for a few pretty words about a magic fairy are the one's who buy Sham-Wows. It's hard for me to respect that.

I don't have any animosity toward Christians, in fact I didn't even know what his religion is until now. I just know that if you have to advertise how much you love jesus than you are likely trying to deflect and hide. The most spiritual people I have ever come across in my life never once tried to convert or preach to anyone. It is supposed to be a personal relationship and anyone who has what they consider to be a real connection with their god, should be happy with that and leave the rest of us alone. It wasn't until they realized how lucrative faith is that they started spreading "the word" so small independent churches could get their cut of the dough. Timmy is a product of thousands of years worth of corruption and "coaching" and more than anything, it shows me that he is a robot, not a leader or a QB. Grown men aren't going to get behind a cub scout cheer especially if that cub scout throws 3 picks or leads the team to 4 straight losses.

Faith is not a trait I look for in a QB and it's not something that a secure, peaceful person feels the need to advertise. I'm not sure if you have heard of Drew Brees but he is a very religious man who does A LOT of good for people. He doesn't feel the need to tell the world whenever he sees a microphone. And Paul Newman, a guy who started selling salad dressing for charity and at one point donated $300,000,000.00 in one year to charities; didn't subscribe to any faith. It's not what you preach or advertise, it's what you do with your time on the planet. Preaching doesn't give anything to anyone who wasn't searching for it on the first place. The same people that fall for a few pretty words about a magic fairy are the one's who buy Sham-Wows. It's hard for me to respect that.

You should do a little backround check before you post such BS. Tebow has done much more than just preach. Check his bio out. He's done a ton of charity work and along with his family has supported MANY charitable organizations. Don't bash someone until you know what you're talking about.

As far as Tebow's 'sharing' his faith, good for him. If some are threatened by that, maybe they should consider why. If you really feel your relationshaip with your god is solid, no one talking about their commitment would bother you.

As far as a player - sort of the reason for this post - I think he's got much more than even the article expresses. He's proven to be a leader. In case you've not seen any Gator games, this guy gets his teamates fired up and it appears he's genuine. he has at times taken it upon himself to get a momentum going and that energy spread throughout the team and they rallied. Don't underestimate the power of excitement. Too many, including Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson, had none and never got their teamates rallied. Players like Ray Lewis, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady can do that. Tebow has the drive and an unusual commitment to learn or relearn if necessary, what is needed to get to the next step. The articles discussing his commitment to changing his throwing technique, etc. says alot about Tebow. .... although I'm sure now posts will pour in about how he's doing THAT for attention as well.

This guy may very possibly be the real deal. Why is that so threatening ?

Archived