THE BROWNS BOARD

Some Facts about Tebow

nobuo

Show me in the constitution where it says separation of church and state. The wording in the constitution says that government will not establish or support a specific religion. It does not exclude religion from government. Our government was founded on religions beliefs and principles. And while this is America, and you don't have to believe what he believes, this is America and he has the right to believe what he wants to believe.

wow dude bold fonts and underlining. YOU GOT ME!!!!! isn't nobuo a japanese steakhouse here in manhattan? maybe i'll go tell your dad sojuko happy birthday on december 7th this year? what do you know about america? did you ever serve this fine country of ours, douche?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow dude bold fonts and underlining. YOU GOT ME!!!!! isn't nobuo a japanese steakhouse here in manhattan? maybe i'll go tell your dad sojuko happy birthday on december 7th this year? what do you know about america? did you ever serve this fine country of ours, douche?

Assuming I'm japanese because of my forum name is hilarious. How old are you man? 14? When you can respond inteligibly I'll answer your questions. Until then, grow up dude.

Show me in the constitution where it says separation of church and state. The wording in the constitution says that government will not establish or support a specific religion. It does not exclude religion from government. Our government was founded on religions beliefs and principles. And while this is America, and you don't have to believe what he believes, this is America and he has the right to believe what he wants to believe.

You make too many assumptions about what our government was established on. Assumptions based on falsities propogated by the religious right. America was founded by religious men who were so smart as to know that government and religion should not be mixed. They were smart enough to know that it was best for BOTH the government and the religious groups of the nation.

"Separation of church and state" is actually a term used by Thomas Jefferson. It is really a shorthand way to say what the First Amendment says. If you want to utilize semantics you can deny the effect of any term used in any legal document.

In this respect you may also deny the effect of any of the Ten Commandments.

E.g. To the Jews...who wrote the Ten Commandments, ALL Christians violate the First Commandment that says thou shalt have no false gods. To them, Jesus is a false god.

This would, indeed, be absolutely correct if you wanted to go by a strict construction and interpretation of the terms of the document. I venture to say you probably disagree with that interpetation. Fair to say?

You might argue that the First Commandment doesn't mean what it says in that regard, so it would not be right to interpret it so strictly. Yet, at the same time, you would not allow any variance, any interpretation of the First Amendment.

Ergo, then you would have to accept the following equation:

No use of term "separation of church and state"= Jesus is a false god.

You want to make your bed? You gotta lay in it.

Assuming I'm japanese because of my forum name is hilarious. How old are you man? 14? When you can respond inteligibly I'll answer your questions. Until then, grow up dude.

hey, this is one of those topics that push my buttons. i can talk to anyone about anything.....except if they have a predisposition and a closed mind. i.e.: you. and having a sense of humor and wit when responding to ?'s on a forum like this should not be dismissed as childish or moronic. i take it from your responses that you are chirstian and blah, blah, blah. fine, but..........why don't you people lighten up? how will it feel, squeezing the life out of someone else's beliefs on your deathbed and then finding out at the last second that THEY were right? makes you think, right? or in your case, maybe not. :(

hey, this is one of those topics that push my buttons. i can talk to anyone about anything.....except if they have a predisposition and a closed mind. i.e.: you. and having a sense of humor and wit when responding to ?'s on a forum like this should not be dismissed as childish or moronic. i take it from your responses that you are chirstian and blah, blah, blah. fine, but..........why don't you people lighten up? how will it feel, squeezing the life out of someone else's beliefs on your deathbed and then finding out at the last second that THEY were right? makes you think, right? or in your case, maybe not. :(

It's fine that it pushes your buttons but to resort to name calling and racial attacks makes you seem like a kid. You should probably take your own advice and lighten up some. Can we lock this thread for being so far off topic it's not even funny? Or can we get it back on topic?

You make too many assumptions about what our government was established on. Assumptions based on falsities propogated by the religious right. America was founded by religious men who were so smart as to know that government and religion should not be mixed. They were smart enough to know that it was best for BOTH the government and the religious groups of the nation.

"Separation of church and state" is actually a term used by Thomas Jefferson. It is really a shorthand way to say what the First Amendment says. If you want to utilize semantics you can deny the effect of any term used in any legal document.

In this respect you may also deny the effect of any of the Ten Commandments.

E.g. To the Jews...who wrote the Ten Commandments, ALL Christians violate the First Commandment that says thou shalt have no false gods. To them, Jesus is a false god.

This would, indeed, be absolutely correct if you wanted to go by a strict construction and interpretation of the terms of the document. I venture to say you probably disagree with that interpetation. Fair to say?

You might argue that the First Commandment doesn't mean what it says in that regard, so it would not be right to interpret it so strictly. Yet, at the same time, you would not allow any variance, any interpretation of the First Amendment.

Ergo, then you would have to accept the following equation:

No use of term "separation of church and state"= Jesus is a false god.

You want to make your bed? You gotta lay in it.

i wish that i could thank you 10,000 times for this post.

american was not founded on religious ideals. put down "america's providential history" and read a real american history book.

this has gone quite off topic but at the same time it shows such a diversity of people's views in this great country of ours. to watch the frickin evening news nowadays is enough to make you go insane. noone trusts anyone, the politicians are all liars and thieves, and there are enough scam artists and con men on late-night tv telling you to believe in this and that that your head truly wants to explode. responding to people on this board......i find it a priveledge. a not-like thinking group of intelligent individuals with different backgrounds, ethnicities, demographics, religions etc. who want the same thing in life: to see the CLEVELAND BROWNS win a super bowl before they meet their maker. who's maker specifically that is is up for debate (and war and conflict) but will for ever be. just let the kids play on even ground. if you can sell your soup, then he should be able to sell his soup too. [a little lobster bisque pleeez!]

Archived