THE BROWNS BOARD

What moving up to the 1st OVERALL Draft Pick entitles

ATENEARS

The top pick of the draft hasn't been traded since 2004, when San Diego shipped Eli Manning to the New York Giants. The cost was high -- fourth overall pick Phillip Rivers, plus a third-rounder in 2004 and first- and fifth-round picks in 2005. You can bet that if the Rams are listening to offers for the No. 1 pick in this year's draft, the asking price will be similarly high. (The Redskins hold the No. 4 overall pick, the same one the Giants held in '04.)

There are certainly scenarios in which the Rams would want to listen to offers. There are some who believe Bradford might prefer to play for Washington rather than St. Louis. With the Redskins, he'd be able to sit behind Jason Campbell for a year and learn the system. He'd also play for Mike Shanahan, as respected an offensive mind as any today, and offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan, who last season held the keys to the league's top-ranked passing attack. St. Louis might not hold as much long-term promise for a young quarterback.

Too steep for the Browns, IMO.

With Washington also courting Eric Berry today & tomorrow ... it looks like we may get the Redskins sloppy-seconds.

Hey what's wrong with sloppy seconds? Lol. For us to give up two first rounders and a third and maybe more for a guy who has had two shoulder injuries. I just don't think that is the right move. I also don't think that our new staff would be dumb enough to do that. But on the other hand we do have more picks than we have had in forever so you never know. I just think stay tuned for the draft. It should be a very very interesting one for us Browns fans. I for one cannot wait!!!!!

Archived