THE BROWNS BOARD

Breaking News: Cleveland Browns Player Shaun Rogers Arrested

Jibz

BREAKING: Browns Shaun Rogers Arrested

Posted: Apr 01, 2010 1:22 PM EDT Updated: Apr 01, 2010 1:43 PM EDT

Posted by Web Staff - email | Facebook | Twitter

CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - Breaking news into the 19 Action Newsroom this hour.

19 Action News has learn Cleveland Browns Defensive lineman Shaun Rogers has been arrested at Hopkins airport with a gun.

It happened as the NFL'er was about to board a flight. The gun was discovered in a bag. Apparently, Rogers told officers he forgot the gun was in there.

No further details are available at this time.

19 Action News has learn Cleveland Browns Defensive lineman Shaun Rogers has been arrested at Hopkins airport with a gun.

It happened as the NFL'er was about to board a flight. The gun was discovered in a bag. Apparently, Rogers told officers he forgot the gun was in there.

More April Fools?

Okay so he got a loaded gun through airport security? I find that very unlikely. And then when they discovered it, he said he forgot he had it? Please. This is a pathetic april fools attempt, or there are a lot of idiots involved. If it was any other day than April 1st, I'd actually give it some merit. It wouldn't be the first time a joke like this has crossed into different media enviroments either. I'll wait for an official statement from someone involved.

come on u weigh 500lbs like u need a gun u lazy ass.

i know. just think about his opposing gunmen thinking like "he's got so much fat that the blubber will just eat up the bullets and spit them out so let's not waste our time". i think you just were choppin on him because even a fat man can get dead real quick from a bullet. if this is another april fool's joke i'd be surprised considering the news media involvement.

Well, these f88king idiots with their guns. These guys apparently aren't Man enough to go without their penis extensions.

You would think that this dumbass would have learned from the Plaxico Burris and the Gilbert Arenas situations.

I guess "dumbass" is the right word for him.

I will probably just laugh the day that about 8 or 10 of these guys get into a shootout with each other and blow themselves away.

He was just Going to Hang with Gilbert Arenas ! And come on man... he was in Cleveland (Serial Killer Capitol of the USA) I am packing in C Town as well ha ha ha . You cant blame the guy LOL Thats a joke guys...

i say we cut him and show him the door. first of all he hates playing for us, lets face it.. second we are not like the steelers who dont give a crap what there players do

lol Dont go there EVERY NFL team has had Issues.

He was just Going to Hang with Gilbert Arenas ! And come on man... he was in Cleveland (Serial Killer Capitol of the USA) I am packing in C Town as well ha ha ha . You cant blame the guy LOL Thats a joke guys...

Just out of curiosity, how do you get that Cleveland is the serial Killer Capitol of the USA? (I ain't saying you're wrong, I ain't saying you're right, just wondering where you got that info)

Now I don't own a gun, but it seems that you would tend to keep track of things like handguns if you own them especially when going to an airport.

Memo to Shaun Rogers

Things that are ok to forget that you put in your luggage:

Extra set of keys

Your ipod

peanut butter and jelly sandwich

Things that are NOT ok to forget that you put in your luggage:

Dead hookers

crack vials

HANDGUNS!

if he can't afford a professional bodyguard why couldn't he just hire one of his broke friends to drive him around, take him to da clubs, get shot for him.......you know? i wonder how much that job would pay? i know it'd include alot of some serious crispy fried chicken. and maybe even some kool aid!

Ohio Gun / Weapons Laws

Carrying a Concealed Weapon

Although some people are licensed to carry a concealed weapon, the majority of us are not. If you are caught knowingly carrying a deadly weapon or handgun that is concealed on you or concealed within reach you may be charged with this offense.

Typically this offense is a 1st degree misdemeanor punishable by up to 6 months in jail and fines of up to $1,000.

However if the weapon is a firearm and it is loaded or has ammunition within reach, the offense is elevated to a 4th degree felony punishable by 6-18 months in prison and up to $5,000 in fines. Likewise if this is not your first concealed weapon charge or if you have been convicted of a violent crime in the past, you will also be charged with a 4th degree felony.

So I guess being a Star NFL player, Rogers will get away with a large fine and some community service, though at least this now gives us more of a reason to trade him away, as I dont think his value will drop that much even with this. I am not sure what if any previous trouble roger has been in, but who in there right mind would attempt to knowingly take a firearm aboard a plane especially these days.

Ohio Gun / Weapons Laws

Carrying a Concealed Weapon

Although some people are licensed to carry a concealed weapon, the majority of us are not. If you are caught knowingly carrying a deadly weapon or handgun that is concealed on you or concealed within reach you may be charged with this offense.

Typically this offense is a 1st degree misdemeanor punishable by up to 6 months in jail and fines of up to $1,000.

However if the weapon is a firearm and it is loaded or has ammunition within reach, the offense is elevated to a 4th degree felony punishable by 6-18 months in prison and up to $5,000 in fines. Likewise if this is not your first concealed weapon charge or if you have been convicted of a violent crime in the past, you will also be charged with a 4th degree felony.

So I guess being a Star NFL player, Rogers will get away with a large fine and some community service, though at least this now gives us more of a reason to trade him away, as I dont think his value will drop that much even with this. I am not sure what if any previous trouble roger has been in, but who in there right mind would attempt to knowingly take a firearm aboard a plane especially these days.

used to live in arizone where you are allowed to carry a gun as long as it is in plain view. and yes, at the bars when you walk in they have signs saying: "leave weapons here!" well this is what we have in nyc now. boomberg doesn't play:

Now, miscreants caught with an illegal gun within city limits face a mandatory three-and-a-half year prison sentence. No questions asked.

Posted by: Barry McBride

on Thursday, April 01, 2010 at 3:24:00 PM

Browns Issue Statement on Rogers

Just received from the team...

STATEMENT FROM BROWNS PRESIDENT MIKE HOLMGREN

"We are aware of what transpired with Shaun Rogers. We will continue to gather additional information,

and untill the legal action has taken its course, we will reserve any further comment.

Posted by: Barry McBride

on Thursday, April 01, 2010 at 3:24:00 PM

Browns Issue Statement on Rogers

Just received from the team...

STATEMENT FROM BROWNS PRESIDENT MIKE HOLMGREN

"We are aware of what transpired with Shaun Rogers. We will continue to gather additional information,

and untill the legal action has taken its course, we will reserve any further comment.

Since when is someone innocent until proven guilty?

Since when is someone innocent until proven guilty?

Isnt that the basis of the judicial system ?

"The presumption of innocence – being considered innocent unless proven guilty – is a legal right that the accused in criminal trials has in many modern countries. The burden of proof is thus on the prosecution, which has to collect and present enough compelling evidence to convince the trier of fact, who is restrained and ordered by law to consider only actual evidence and testimony that is legally admissible, and in most cases lawfully obtained, that the accused is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. In case of remaining doubts, the accused is to be acquitted. This presumption is seen to stem from the Latin legal principle that ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat (the burden of proof rests on who asserts, not on who denies)."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presumption_of_innocence

Isnt that the basis of the judicial system ?

"The presumption of innocence – being considered innocent unless proven guilty – is a legal right that the accused in criminal trials has in many modern countries. The burden of proof is thus on the prosecution, which has to collect and present enough compelling evidence to convince the trier of fact, who is restrained and ordered by law to consider only actual evidence and testimony that is legally admissible, and in most cases lawfully obtained, that the accused is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. In case of remaining doubts, the accused is to be acquitted. This presumption is seen to stem from the Latin legal principle that ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat (the burden of proof rests on who asserts, not on who denies)."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presumption_of_innocence

I heard that's how it used to be. Although, as of recent I was under the presumption you are guilty as soon as anyone accuses you of a crime. Even if they didn't even press criminal charges......But hopefully you are right!

Archived