THE BROWNS BOARD

Breaking News: Cleveland Browns Player Shaun Rogers Arrested

Jibz

Although, as of recent I was under the presumption you are guilty as soon as anyone accuses you of a crime. Even if they didn't even press criminal charges

Nothings changed

We have a zero tolerance policy at the Browns Board for child molesters and rapist and also but not limited too people with the last names of Harrison, Reid, and Holmes.

For a complete list visit www.steelerssuck.com

Isn't possession of a loaded firearm at an airport a felony?

Yes....what I am unclear about is this.....did he have it on his person, as in his bag he was checking through for carry on, or was it in his checked luggage?? It makes a big difference.

Both can be serious offenses, but if it was in his checked luggage, it can make a big difference in how zealously the prosecutor goes after the case and how allowing the judge is going to be if a cream puff deal is presented for the courts approval.

If in his carry on, that changes the game and presents a whole different pot of crawdads..

Why are millionaire athletes so stupid???????????????????????

The last time I flew I forgot I couldn't carry a plastic bottle of bourbon on the plane and had it confiscated. I just forgot.

I guess if he carries a gun as often as I carry a bottle when I travel, I suppose he could have forgotten too....but then again, I don't know a time you could carry a gun on a plane.....if he did, it may have been in the checked luggage.

But....it has always been strict on having a loaded weapon on planes....even ammo on planes. In some cases you can if it is a special caliber and is stored in approve cannisters. I know when I have carried weapons on a plane I made it a point to declare them and didn't carry ammo.....just his a gun shop when I got to my destination and bought what I was going to use.

What I was going to use, means I was going hunting or a friend and I were going to shoot skeet. Some people do that as a hobby for those unaccustomed to gun sports..

God dammit I was hoping we could get something for him on the day of the draft....there goes any hope of that happening, and if it does happen we won't be getting something nearly as valuable as we should.

I guess in a way this is better happening prior to draft day as opposed to after.

I wonder how much this will change the draft board, seems to be some decent D-line men in the first couple rounds.

Now we may have to start thinking about drafting a guy to alternate or compete with Rubin.

Now I don't own a gun, but it seems that you would tend to keep track of things like handguns if you own them especially when going to an airport.

Memo to Shaun Rogers

Things that are ok to forget that you put in your luggage:

Extra set of keys

Your ipod

peanut butter and jelly sandwich

Things that are NOT ok to forget that you put in your luggage:

Dead hookers

crack vials

HANDGUNS!

THAT...cracked me up! :lol:

Attachment Editor

Just out of curiosity, how do you get that Cleveland is the serial Killer Capitol of the USA? (I ain't saying you're wrong, I ain't saying you're right, just wondering where you got that info)

I Think I said I was joking... If Not I was ...lol

Well, these f88king idiots with their guns. These guys apparently aren't Man enough to go without their penis extensions.

You would think that this dumbass would have learned from the Plaxico Burris and the Gilbert Arenas situations.

I guess "dumbass" is the right word for him.

I will probably just laugh the day that about 8 or 10 of these guys get into a shootout with each other and blow themselves away.

Overcompensated Overindulgent overconfident with underdeveloped brains. Yet they hypnotize us ... we care. Maybe WE also have problems.

Ohio Gun / Weapons Laws

Carrying a Concealed Weapon

Although some people are licensed to carry a concealed weapon, the majority of us are not. If you are caught knowingly carrying a deadly weapon or handgun that is concealed on you or concealed within reach you may be charged with this offense.

Typically this offense is a 1st degree misdemeanor punishable by up to 6 months in jail and fines of up to $1,000.

However if the weapon is a firearm and it is loaded or has ammunition within reach, the offense is elevated to a 4th degree felony punishable by 6-18 months in prison and up to $5,000 in fines. Likewise if this is not your first concealed weapon charge or if you have been convicted of a violent crime in the past, you will also be charged with a 4th degree felony.

So I guess being a Star NFL player, Rogers will get away with a large fine and some community service, though at least this now gives us more of a reason to trade him away, as I dont think his value will drop that much even with this. I am not sure what if any previous trouble roger has been in, but who in there right mind would attempt to knowingly take a firearm aboard a plane especially these days.

Concealed carry or not, you are not allowed to carry a handgun at an airport. This is a third-degree felony.

boom I was right again ..........never wanted that overrated always gassed slug who was useless against the run......................and wanted to trade him for two years and now

he is worth nothing

the curse of savage will take some time to overcome

Well the man made a mistake. Its not like he brought his gun into a locker room and threatened his teammates. Is it a serious offense yes but was he cooperative yes. Will he get off a little easier yes. Is he getting off easy because he is a star, NOOO!!! People make mistakes all the time but we dont prosecute to the fullest extent. He will get a slap on the wrist a fine(because he is rich) and probation. Case closed!!!!!

I'm sorry to say it like this....but some of you simply don't know the laws, and are talking out your asses.

There's a bunch of regulations, but it perfect legal to fly with a firearm. Obviously, it must be unloaded...so that's his fault. it also depends which bag, but and if he has a ccw.

Otherwise....just shut up or learn what the xxxx you are talking about.

I'm sorry to say it like this....but some of you simply don't know the laws, and are talking out your asses.

There's a bunch of regulations, but it perfect legal to fly with a firearm. Obviously, it must be unloaded...so that's his fault. it also depends which bag, but and if he has a ccw.

Otherwise....just shut up or learn what the xxxx you are talking about.

This is very true, but do you think Shaun Rogers actually met those regulations to carry a weapon period on a plane, unloaded or not? I won't pretend to know gun laws, especially in Ohio, but I had always thought guns on planes anymore are pretty much for marshalls and other security/police type people. I really have no idea though.

I Think I said I was joking... If Not I was ...lol

Well, the funny thing is that Northeast Ohio has had its share of serial killers come from here.

And you want to know something funnier yet? I once represented one of them! More about that in a moment.

Of note is the fact that we are perhaps lucky in that a number of them were exported out of here to other places.

On the various other ones:

We have the current one: Anthony Sowell from Cleveland

Of course there was Jeffrey Dahmer, an export from Bath to Milwaukee.

Thomas Dillon from Canton who killed his victims mostly in southern Ohio farmlands

There was the famous Torso Murderer from Cleveland whom Elliot Ness spent years chasing but never caught.

There was Lewis Gilbert from Newcomerstown, exported to Oklahoma

Then there was my client, by the name of Robert Berdella. It is OK for me to talk about him as it has been years since I handled his case. Plus, he is now long deceased. He was from Cuyahoga Falls, but he "exported" himself to Kansas City. (I knew members of his family and they retained me to represent him)

I didn't have anything to do with representing him in the prosecution against him. He had already plead. I handled various matters for him while he was in prison. It was really just various administrative things, dealing with other attorneys from KC. The odd thing is that unlike most killers, this guy was fairly well to do. He ran an antiques and artifacts shop in the Westport area of KC. He died in prison while I was working with him. I never actually met him personally, only phone conversations and correspondance. Nevertheless, he was my one serial killer client. (I will say that notwithstanding having him as a client, he was an evil, sick, twisted bastard. You could tell that just in his voice and in his writing. He was into "domination" that in every case got "carried away". At least that seemed to be his story. You can read more about him here:

http://www.bobberdella.com/bobberdella.html

in reading some more details, he sure is an idiot. all he had to do was check the damn thing....

probably nothing more than forgetfulness, in reality. however, you gotta worry about this type of behavior when it comes to firearms. not much difference to plax imo....

sorry about the last post....just saw everyone piling on again before i really got a good look at it.

Gip, I am offended that you have to give fuel to the fire about "serial killers" in Ohio.

This doesn't have any freakin thing to do with the subject of the thread.

And furthermore, you forgot to mention that Charles Manson was born in Cincinnatti.

oops. never mind.

(just kidding) ;)

Gip, I am offended that you have to give fuel to the fire about "serial killers" in Ohio.

This doesn't have any freakin thing to do with the subject of the thread.

And furthermore, you forgot to mention that Charles Manson was born in Cincinnatti.

oops. never mind.

(just kidding) ;)

I was only counting the Northeast Ohio lovelies. Yea, there was Manson, and Michael Swango....the orderly in the hospital that killed like 35 people...from Cincinnatti (or was Swango from Columbus?)

Don't forget also that Buffalo Bill, the fictional serial killer from Silence of the Lambs, was also from Ohio.

• 1 month later...

Holmgren pleased with Rogers, but expects a suspension

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 23, 2010 11:07 AM ET

Cleveland Browns President Mike Holmgren says he's happy with the way defensive tackle Shaun Rogers has conducted himself at offseason workouts. But Rogers' conduct away from the team facility -- when he was arrested for gun possession -- likely means the Browns can't count on him for 16 games this year.

Holmgren told the Cleveland Plain Dealer he expects some sort of suspension for Rogers, and that he hopes to discuss the matter with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell at the league meetings in Dallas this week.

"I'm pleased with how he's working here," Holmgren said of Rogers. "I think he messed up and he knows it. But I like how he's working. Hopefully, he won't make the same mistake again."

Rogers has attended offseason workouts, but isn't yet completely recovered from the ankle injury he suffered last season

Archived