THE BROWNS BOARD

How bout them Buckeyes

rich4eagle

Nice day whacking Michigan for the fifth straight year for the first time ever and probably insuring a BCS game for the fourth straight year. Thanks Laurinaitis and Robiske and the others who could have left and stayed and played stellar.

Most thanks Jim Tressel for being the classest of all acts and one great coach............GOTTA LOVE DOZE BUCKEYES

Definitely took care of business today. It wasn't pretty early on but a solid win. Cool to see Beckman get in the game and throw some nice passes in his last game at the 'shoe.

One thing I noticed today about the OSU defense.....those guys don't miss any tackles...EVER.

And yes Jim Tressel is a classy coach....

ya, tress makes sure they got the basics down. after watching the browns play its nice to watch the bucks and how every time they go to tackle they have their arms extended to wrap the guy up and make a tackle. instead of just throwing their limp bodies at their legs.

Here is one that sounds reasonable.

Capital One

Jan. 1, 2009

At Orlando, Fla.

Georgia (SEC) vs. Ohio State (Big Ten)

The Bulldogs have firmly established themselves as the third-best team in the SEC, though they are well behind Florida and Alabama. Ohio State can still go to the Rose Bowl if Michigan State upsets Penn State this week.

Should be a good match-up that will draw a great crowd from both schools....and the Bucks would have to be favored IMO.

Welcome to the board.....sooner or later someone will give you the "IO"

Guess I just did....I do root for the Bucks being a Buckeye myself, though make no mistake, I am a loyal Gator fan now, and for the last 35 years.

Just noticed my Gator isn't chomping....Stan....am I going to have to come up there and slap you around???

JK my man.....might pour you a drink though. Where does my Gator keep going!???

Just noticed my Gator isn't chomping....Stan....am I going to have to come up there and slap you around???

JK my man.....might pour you a drink though. Where does my Gator keep going!???

It's embarrassed that Florida actually has Citadel on the schedule. Was the Coast Guard not available this weekend?

One thing that might get OSU a BCS bowl game is that they travel extremely well and in this economy that is as important as anything else.

Here is one that sounds reasonable.

Capital One

Jan. 1, 2009

At Orlando, Fla.

Georgia (SEC) vs. Ohio State (Big Ten)

The Bulldogs have firmly established themselves as the third-best team in the SEC, though they are well behind Florida and Alabama. Ohio State can still go to the Rose Bowl if Michigan State upsets Penn State this week.

Should be a good match-up that will draw a great crowd from both schools....and the Bucks would have to be favored IMO.

I would take this! Should be a good game; Lister Jr and I would make the trip!....oh yeah Mrs Lister and the twins can come as well

That team up North didn't show any reason why we can't expect to go up there next year and pull off win number 6 in a row. Looks like they really hired the wrong guy for the job in Rodriguez. I predict lots of extra seats for sale at the Big House next year.

I agree that it's nice to see solid tackling in a football game. It's also nice to see deep balls thrown on target and not dropped by the receiver.

Going 7-1 against your arch rival feels so good. Has Romeo ever beaten Pittsburgh?

Dear Rich Rodriguez,

Eat sh*t you friggin' douche bag ! :lol:

Love,

A WVU fan

Im with Ya!

When does he get released of his official duties?

I here that Sister Mary's school for the blind needs a dodge ball coach, he can fill that position.

Atleast there when the players go over to the sidelines to Yell at there coach they will go to the wrong side!!! :lol:

It's embarrassed that Florida actually has Citadel on the schedule. Was the Coast Guard not available this weekend?

One thing that might get OSU a BCS bowl game is that they travel extremely well and in this economy that is as important as anything else.

Hehe.....nope...I don't even think they have a team anymore......plus...Notre dame would lock them up.

We always play one of those games....to spread the wealth to those schools...we will pay you $300,000 to get slaughtered and give us a game the back-ups get to see significant play time.

I will put our schedule up against anybodys, so scheduling a breather game doesn't embarrass me.

Bucks do travel well, but I don't know if that plays much of a role in those games.

I guess what I am saying is I don't think the Orange Bowl as an example needs to have OSU in the contest to sell tickets.

Lower tier bowls??? Yep...it does make a difference

I'm just messing with you on the schedule thing.... I think it stood out more that Florida had their cakewalk game so late in the season when most of the other teams are playing "rivalry games".

As for teams travelling well and the BCS...I'm only repeating what I heard a college football guy say on the radio when he was speculating that OSU would get a BCS bid in part because of their fan base and I think this year is one year that it could matter that OSU can guarentee (like other teams) to sell tickets and travel to a bowl game no matter where they are playing.

Hehe.....nope...I don't even think they have a team anymore......plus...Notre dame would lock them up.

We always play one of those games....to spread the wealth to those schools...we will pay you $300,000 to get slaughtered and give us a game the back-ups get to see significant play time.

I will put our schedule up against anybodys, so scheduling a breather game doesn't embarrass me.

Now that Texas Tech's alarm clock blasted out the song "Welcome Back" - I haven't seen any attack that equals Florida's. Name a weapon and he's probably running under a 4.4 so when that tires you out you have Conan the Barbarian playing QB the one day he's not praying and pumping iron.

That said, I have what is called football jersey voodoo. If I buy the guy's jersey - he WILL suck. I'm thinking about buying Tim Tebow's jersey so he blows. Just kidding - I couldn't do that to you Ballpeen/Thurston!

- Tom F.

It's embarassing that OSU schedules weak teams EVERY year.Their schedule has in it 2-4 Teams comparable to The Citadel . Youngstown State , Ohio U and Akron. Followed up by Troy and/or a BGSU to add some spice . On top of that , they play in a Conference that has a hand full of patheic teams year in and year out, so they are always looking at least, a 9 win season .Florida plays in a Conference where they usually play 4-5 ranked teams every year (plus THEY PLAY AN EXTRA RANKED OPPONENT if they get into the SEC Championship game).Really an OSU fan chiding a Team about their "easy" schedule is the LUDICROUS :huh: .

Plus, this puss schedule OSU plays every year does not get them ready for big games .They are rarely challenged (unless they sleep walk through a game like they did against Ohio U this year)...Just look at the results :blink: The Team they had in 2002 was not as talented AS THE TEAMS FROM THE PAST FEW YEARS but they were challenged almost every game ...As the season wore on , they learned to overcome adversidy and how to WIN

I'm just messing with you on the schedule thing.... I think it stood out more that Florida had their cakewalk game so late in the season when most of the other teams are playing "rivalry games".

As for teams travelling well and the BCS...I'm only repeating what I heard a college football guy say on the radio when he was speculating that OSU would get a BCS bid in part because of their fan base and I think this year is one year that it could matter that OSU can guarentee (like other teams) to sell tickets and travel to a bowl game no matter where they are playing.

Mark, in a normal year the Buckeyes would get a BCS bid based on their record and drawing potential. It works out that right now seven of the positions are locked and that assumes that either Alabama or Florida is not one of those and USC or Oregon State is not one of those and Texas or Okla or TT is not one of those. So unless Oregon State loses there are going to be only one of those teams getting the last bid and it may be Boise St instead.

My guess is OSU plays in the Capital One Bowl against one of the teams above NOT Georgia.........Alabama would be intriguing or Texas or USC

I know.....we play that JV game late in the season most of the time....not always though....sometimes it early.

The rivaly for us is always this week when we play the Florida Wannbe State Seminels.;)

That is always Thanksgiving weekend game.

Archived