THE BROWNS BOARD

Should we still think about drafting Haden if Berry is gone?

DawgPoundPitt

I love the trade. i think with Brown and Wright we will have a better than average CB duo, but considering Browns age and if Berry is off the board when its the browns turn to draft, would it be a bad idea to take Haden?

It's a good idea. There is room on the roster to have two good CB's on the team.

At this point the only players that make sense to me are:

Eric Berry - We may have to move ahead of KC to grab Berry, but if Okung, Suh, or G. McCoy are still there for KC than Berry will fall to us

Bradford/Clausen - given Holmgren's comments I dont think that Clausen is the pick, however, if Bradford doesnt go to the Rams you better believe we will jump the Skins to grab Bradford

Trade Back Possibilities:

Dez Bryant - given character concerns I dont think he fits with ManGenius, but it is a position of need

Earl Thomas- 2nd best safety in the draft

Mike Iupati- We would have to do a couple of trades (similar to last year) to make this a good value pick

Eric Berry - We may have to move ahead of KC to grab Berry, but if Okung, Suh, or G. McCoy are still there for KC than Berry will fall to us

Bradford/Clausen - given Holmgren's comments I dont think that Clausen is the pick, however, if Bradford doesnt go to the Rams you better believe we will jump the Skins to grab Bradford

Dez Bryant - given character concerns I dont think he fits with ManGenius, but it is a position of need

Mike Iupati- We would have to do a couple of trades (similar to last year) to make this a good value pick

different people have different opinions

Bryan Bulaga or Trent Williams to play RT ,then draft Tebow in round 2 they would protect his blind side.

Yes, it would. The cbs are taken care of for this year, unless you draft one late for developmental purposes. We have more pressing needs than drafting a cb in the early rounds.

Not exactly Jason. There was growing sentiment in Philly that Sheldon Brown should have been or was about to be moved to safety. It depends on whether they think Haden is a better CB than Berry is a S. If they take Berry, Brown is your CB. If they take Haden, Brown is your S.

My vote is to keep him at CB.

Yes, it would. The cbs are taken care of for this year, unless you draft one late for developmental purposes. We have more pressing needs than drafting a cb in the early rounds.

Drafting for need isn't a good way to build a ball club.

I wouldn't mind a bit if we took Haden....in time brown could go to safety if needed.

What I do think this trade signals is we have had some feelers from other teams about moving in to our slot and made the necessary adjustments by picking up a corner in the event some team wants to pull the trigger on a trade.

FA is when you take care of needs, and maybe he knows there is a good chance corner would have been a need had we not made this deal.

I don't think the team wanted to be in a position where we had to draft Haden or any other corner if some team came to us with a deal to move back that makes sense.

I could see us moving back 7-8 slots and possibly picking up another 2nd rounder.

I could also see us trading two third rounders for another second rounder....

When it's all done I could see the browns with a 1st rounder and three second rounders and a 3rd rounder.....after that...who cares.. :D

When I start scanning possible players we might draft in round one, I am looking at names slotted in the 15-20 range.

Bryan Bulaga or Trent Williams to play RT ,then draft Tebow in round 2 they would protect his blind side.

No way we take RT in the 1st. rd. We've go some youth on the O-line in key positions with high draft picks, now we fill the guard and RT spots with servieable vets while you develope some mid round picks. Our D-line needs injected with some youth, all 3 starter I beleive are over 30. Rubins young and decent inside but I dont think he's the immovable mountain you need at NT.

I think we go S or D-line in the first, more than likely S. but who knows maybe we trade down and target someone like Dan Williams from Tennesse.

2nd rd. Im praying Cody falls to us

Whatever the combination is I think will pick a S and a DL in the first 2 rounds

Not exactly Jason. There was growing sentiment in Philly that Sheldon Brown should have been or was about to be moved to safety. It depends on whether they think Haden is a better CB than Berry is a S. If they take Berry, Brown is your CB. If they take Haden, Brown is your S.

My vote is to keep him at CB.

You here talk about switching older CB's to S all the time but I dont think I've ever seen it done. Maybe I just dont pay close enough attention to other teams, does it actually happen often? Seems like a dump thing to do really IMO. Why take a guy who's played one positon 10 years of his career and change his position. Sheldon was a great CB last year, when it comes time that he cant play CB he probably wouldnt be that good at S either. I'am curious though if there's any playing right now that have did it

You here talk about switching older CB's to S all the time but I dont think I've ever seen it done. Maybe I just dont pay close enough attention to other teams, does it actually happen often? Seems like a dump thing to do really IMO. Why take a guy who's played one positon 10 years of his career and change his position. Sheldon was a great CB last year, when it comes time that he cant play CB he probably wouldnt be that good at S either. I'am curious though if there's any playing right now that have did it

OH, yea, switching an older CB to safety has been done many times. Even some Hall of Famers, including Herb Adderly, and more recently Rod Woodson. I believe Thom Darden may have done the same thing. As for right now? I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me if there are several..

well, after the trade i thought for sure i'd still like to see Haden at this pick. Now, I'd love to see two things happen. If Berry is there, we take him. If not, trade down and take Earl Thomas.

Also, i know people may disagree with me a lot since we got hillis and all, but c.j. spiller is also someone who would look good in a Browns uniform...I'd much much rather see the other two things up there happen, but just throwing that up there.

well, after the trade i thought for sure i'd still like to see Haden at this pick. Now, I'd love to see two things happen. If Berry is there, we take him. If not, trade down and take Earl Thomas.

Also, i know people may disagree with me a lot since we got hillis and all, but c.j. spiller is also someone who would look good in a Browns uniform...I'd much much rather see the other two things up there happen, but just throwing that up there.

Depends on how many RB's they want to carry and what DBs would be available later. If you carry Harrison and Davis as tailbacks, Vickers and Hillis as FBs (Hillis could be either) that's already four guys and you feel reasonably good about that group. I don't know if carrying five running backs is in their best interest; that means that Davis is relegated to specials as a third tailback. A first round RB isn't the worst thing in the world but, on average, their careers are shorter and a well-spent pick on a CB or lineman is going give returns for longer.

NO C.J. Spiller. We already got the better RB from Clemson and thats Davis. If we take a back this year i would like to see Ben Tate from Auburn or Dixion from either Miss St or Ol Miss i forget what one. I have to agree a little bit with the RT position. It would be interesting to see if Berry is gone if we do move down or stay there to take one of the T. If we do move down i think it would be a good idea to try and get McClain from Bama. That would be sweet to see him and Jackson beating up on some teams from the next 8-10 years

NO C.J. Spiller. We already got the better RB from Clemson and thats Davis. If we take a back this year i would like to see Ben Tate from Auburn or Dixion from either Miss St or Ol Miss i forget what one. I have to agree a little bit with the RT position. It would be interesting to see if Berry is gone if we do move down or stay there to take one of the T. If we do move down i think it would be a good idea to try and get McClain from Bama. That would be sweet to see him and Jackson beating up on some teams from the next 8-10 years

Thats Funny.....CJ Spiller is a stud!!!!! He will win ROY and is the next Chris Johnson....You Draft CJ.....

Archived