THE BROWNS BOARD

Obama to Crush Economy with Massive CO2 Taxes as Early as Next Week

Mr. T

Obama to Crush Economy with Massive CO2 Taxes as Early as Next Week

Abandoning all loyalty to the democratic processes this nation holds dear, President Obama has made the decision that getting energy tax legislation through Congress with the approval of the American people is just too much of a pain to bother with. Instead he will have the EPA declare as early as next week that CO2 is a dangerous global warming gas and will start regulating its emissions immediately.

Obama’s promise to open up vast stretches of ocean on the East Coast and Gulf of Mexico to energy exploration is simply a ruse to soften up the public for soon to be announced draconian regulations.

Similar to how Obama used the $50 million dollar study on healthcare companies competing across state lines to sell ObamaCare as a bipartisan bill, his recent decree allowing energy companies to explore (not drill, not produce energy from … just explore) new stretches of ocean for oil is also meant to be a trivial, yet impressive enough sounding carrot for conservatives right before he stuffs his Marxist trash down their throats.

House Minority Leader John Boehner responded to Obama by saying “At the same time the White House makes today’s announcement, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is plotting a new massive job-killer that the American people can’t afford.”

Every American who doesn’t live in a technology adverse commune in California will now pay even more of their hard earned cash to the federal government for absolutely no good reason.

Put simply, it means $8 for a gallon of gas and 2-3 times higher electricity bills. It also means the loss of millions more sorely needed jobs as businesses are hit with higher operating costs and the transfer of whatever remains of our manufacturing sector to China where energy is cheaper and they aren’t so concerned about CO2.

In the first week alone, American businesses estimated that ObamaCare will cost them $14 billion. By most estimates this latest Obama nightmare will be far more expensive and may literally destroy the economy in less than 20 years.

All because of climate science that has been clearly exposed as inaccurate and untrustworthy. Obama may or may not be a communist plant sent to destroy America, but he sure is acting like one.

Source

I guess liberals dont care about paying $8 for a gallon of gas, could you imagine what your utilities will be charging if this thing goes through?

try taking what you have currently and multiply it by 3.

the progressives are just like Manson's followers.

Nothing matters "haha" and they continue to sing his praises.

Not Manson, now, but Obamao.

Obamao IS an egotistical Chavez/Seleya/Putin train wreck.

But there is no America to protect us from the Sandinistas etc from

taking over our country.

We ARE America, and idiots let this happen.

We have to stop it.

hey, you almost displayed a tiny little glimmer of a sense of humor.

Wait, that was just a smart ass reply from you again.

sorry. my bad.

The POINT, pointless one, is that the dedication to Obamao is as outrageous,

and insane, albeit 100 percent sick and dedicated... is similar to the dedication

of Manson's family to himself. @@

Nobody said Obamao is Manson.

Stalin, maybe... we'll see, Chavez for kinda pretty sure to be wonderin...

EPA has to be put in place

Summary

Nick Snow reports in the Wall Street Journal issue of March 22 that Alaska governor Sean Parnell joins suit of fifteen and more states to restrain the power grab of the EPA to legislate and control the permits of all carbon emitting moving and stationary sources.

Analysis

While Congress - responsible for energy and economical legislation - has been embroiled over one year with ObamaCare EPA quietly :

presented a finding that carbon(CO2) is a pollutant and dangerous to the health of the population

derived from the finding via the 2007 CAA (Clean Air Act) the authority to now regulate and permit all sources, moving and or stationary, to require permitting and application of BACT (Best Available Control Technology) for this process

Of course EPA, and in particular EPA administrator Ms. Lisa Jackson, an non-elected bureaucrat has overstepped her authority and would - if not stopped - cause serious negative economic consequences to our just barely recovering economy.

Even Democrats like Missouri's Ike Skelton and Minnesota's Collin Peterson, the Chairman of the House Armed Services and Agriculture Committees are stepping in to bar the EPA to declare that carbon is a dangerous pollutant (WSJ, A20, 8-Feb 10). The Obama administration via Carol Browner, the former EPA administrator, tried a fast power grab but are being challenged by their own legislators.

EPA has no legislative power to control CO2 and it is up to Congress to put forward a comprehensive and bipartisan energy legislation taking into account all the serious economic ramifications effecting the economy and daily live of our population. With EPA in charge we would face a second, much more serous recession than just overcome.

Well, the French always understand economics when their valet is being attacked by their government. So it is not surprising that President Nicolas Sarkozy has now backed down to pursue a carbon tax per WSJ of today. The main argument of Sarkozy's own party against the carbon tax was that it would disadvantage French companies compared to EU rivals. Of course, we can do better than the French and now remove al the tainted pseudo-scientific foundations underlaying the EPA findings and move on to a realistic and efficient energy legislation, appreciating all our our natural resources on and off-shore.

Source

Sorry, perhaps you were unable to understand English, HECK.

I'll try again, more carefully:

There...................is...............a................difference............

...between................venting....................on...............this......

............forum..........................

...............@@...............and publicly........................ explaining .....................things ...........in............ a..........

.......more............... reasonable.....................and ......................affective....................and .................

persuasive .........................manner.

I can put it slower for you to catch up if you like. I'm good with ...........s. :angry:

Oh, don't let that stop you. Plus, it can't be venting when you've been at it for the full five years I've been on this board. That's one long vent!

Come on. Obama's supporters are just like the Manson family. They'd kill strangers for him at a moments notice. That's the kind of power he has over them. They've lost their entire moral compass they're so infatuated.

It's a really good point to make, I think. If you keep your genius to yourself, how will America benefit from it?

Share Cal with the nation, Cal.

Sorry, Heck, but I'm busy with farming, studying web site design, and writing my novel.

Is it okay with you if I use you as a new character in my novel?

I will change the name, I'll send you some tomatoes....

I just need a really smart ass ignorant twit to step into the adventure......

let me know if that's okay with you. ;)

So by your own admission what you say in here is not very reasonable, persuasive, or effective. So much so that you wouldn't say what you say in here in public.

I think you're selling yourself short. I think we find you very persuasive.

Get out there and win the war for liberty.

There's a lot less liberty in this country now than there was 40 years ago. Way less than when the Constitution was framed.

The whole point of this thread is Obama is going to try another end run around the voting public.

Agree or disagree- unelected bureaucrats have far too much power to dictate policy.

EPA has to be put in place

Summary

Nick Snow reports in the Wall Street Journal issue of March 22 that Alaska governor Sean Parnell joins suit of fifteen and more states to restrain the power grab of the EPA to legislate and control the permits of all carbon emitting moving and stationary sources.

Analysis

While Congress - responsible for energy and economical legislation - has been embroiled over one year with ObamaCare EPA quietly :

presented a finding that carbon(CO2) is a pollutant and dangerous to the health of the population

derived from the finding via the 2007 CAA (Clean Air Act) the authority to now regulate and permit all sources, moving and or stationary, to require permitting and application of BACT (Best Available Control Technology) for this process

Of course EPA, and in particular EPA administrator Ms. Lisa Jackson, an non-elected bureaucrat has overstepped her authority and would - if not stopped - cause serious negative economic consequences to our just barely recovering economy.

Even Democrats like Missouri's Ike Skelton and Minnesota's Collin Peterson, the Chairman of the House Armed Services and Agriculture Committees are stepping in to bar the EPA to declare that carbon is a dangerous pollutant (WSJ, A20, 8-Feb 10). The Obama administration via Carol Browner, the former EPA administrator, tried a fast power grab but are being challenged by their own legislators.

EPA has no legislative power to control CO2 and it is up to Congress to put forward a comprehensive and bipartisan energy legislation taking into account all the serious economic ramifications effecting the economy and daily live of our population. With EPA in charge we would face a second, much more serous recession than just overcome.

Well, the French always understand economics when their valet is being attacked by their government. So it is not surprising that President Nicolas Sarkozy has now backed down to pursue a carbon tax per WSJ of today. The main argument of Sarkozy's own party against the carbon tax was that it would disadvantage French companies compared to EU rivals. Of course, we can do better than the French and now remove al the tainted pseudo-scientific foundations underlaying the EPA findings and move on to a realistic and efficient energy legislation, appreciating all our our natural resources on and off-shore.

Source

Archived