THE BROWNS BOARD

CBS News - poll on Obamao's first year in office

calfoxwc

The massive deregulation, of sorts? in the mortgage loan industry was CREATED

by the POLICIES OF DEMOCRATS who headed up Fannie May, etc. That still hasn't been fixed, Sev.

And the hc costs spiralling out of control?

NOBODY is saying that hc reform is not necessary.

But, why melt the whole car down, when all it needs

is a new carb and maybe a battery, plugs and wires?

Why the hell do they need to completely destroy what DOES work,

in a phony "fix" ? THAT is what we're saying, that's what all the Republicans,

and some Democrats, and some Independents have been saying.

Fix it, don't destroy all of it, to remake it all in gov control.

Still can't tell the difference Steve?

New York Times:

Mine Operator Escaped Extra Oversight After Warning

As Greek Bond Rates Soar, Bankruptcy Looms

China Seems Set to Loosen Hold on Its Currency

Apple Edges Into Selling of App Ads

Netanyahu Cancels Trip to U.S. Nuclear Summit

Kyrgyzstan President Says He Will Not Step Down

New Hominid Species Discovered in South Africa

Drudge:

GINGRICH: Obama 'most radical president ever'...

LIMBAUGH: Obama 'inflicting untold damage on this great country'...

PALIN: Obama's Nuke Stance Like Kid Who Says 'Punch Me in Face'...

LIZ CHENEY: Obama Putting America on 'Path to Decline'...

SAVAGE: 'Obama The Destroyer'...

...Is it that hard?

I see liberal/progressive cherry picking to fraudulently make some obsure point...

"New Hominid species discoverd on Brownsboard political forum, gives anyone

who disagrees with him a lot of crap"

Still can't tell the difference Steve?

New York Times:

Mine Operator Escaped Extra Oversight After Warning

As Greek Bond Rates Soar, Bankruptcy Looms

China Seems Set to Loosen Hold on Its Currency

Apple Edges Into Selling of App Ads

Netanyahu Cancels Trip to U.S. Nuclear Summit

Kyrgyzstan President Says He Will Not Step Down

New Hominid Species Discovered in South Africa

Drudge:

GINGRICH: Obama 'most radical president ever'...

LIMBAUGH: Obama 'inflicting untold damage on this great country'...

PALIN: Obama's Nuke Stance Like Kid Who Says 'Punch Me in Face'...

LIZ CHENEY: Obama Putting America on 'Path to Decline'...

SAVAGE: 'Obama The Destroyer'...

...Is it that hard?

Gee Heck you musta missed the Bob Herbert Frank Rich Paul Krugman Tom Friedman offerings.

Those look like opinion pieces to me. You knew that right?

WSS

Taliban release video of captured US soldier...

Two soldiers killed, 5 wounded in northern Iraq...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FREAK OUT: Man on flight possibly sneaking smoke; Military Jets Scramble...

Passenger's remarks perceived as security threat...

Minute by minute of the drama...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Big Bet, Oprah to Become Nocturnal...

IRAN VOWS TO STRIKE USA IF ATTACKED...

Uruguay's new leader strengthens ties with Chavez...

New pre-human species offers evolutionary clues...

'Cows don't cause global warming'...

Gay Jesus play headed to Fort Worth, TX stage...

China faces new health scare over 'bad vaccines'...

So while I agree the Drudge Report (which I hadn't seen until you kept hammering on it) has a right slant, I checked beyond the "outrage filter" and found that list of stories.

In order.

Right out front.

WSS

Steve! Now you can't tell the difference between the news section and the editorial section of a paper?

Holy smokes.

The New York Times has the best straight news section in the journalism business. It also has an editorial section where liberals (Krugman, Kristoff, Herbert, Dowd) outnumber conservatives (Douthat, Brooks) and people like Tom Friedman.

The Washington Post has a great straight news section, and an editorial page where conservatives outnumber liberals.

Drudge is nothing like the New York Times or the Washington Post. Nothing. Drudge doesn't "slant right" - it's a purely partisan exercise. The fact that you haven't gone there until now might suggest that you don't know anything about it, so you should probably stop saying its headlines are just like the New York Times.

They aren't.

Steve! Now you can't tell the difference between the news section and the editorial section of a paper?

Holy smokes.

Huh??? But we're to hate Fox news because of their, uh, wait.......EDITORIAL SHOWS????????

The New York Times has the best straight news section in the journalism business. It also has an editorial section where liberals (Krugman, Kristoff, Herbert, Dowd) outnumber conservatives (Douthat, Brooks) and people like Tom Friedman.

The Washington Post has a great straight news section, and an editorial page where conservatives outnumber liberals.

Drudge is nothing like the New York Times or the Washington Post. Nothing. Drudge doesn't "slant right" - it's a purely partisan exercise. The fact that you haven't gone there until now might suggest that you don't know anything about it, so you should probably stop saying its headlines are just like the New York Times.

They aren't.

Ahhhh great.

A Heckism.

"just like."

C'mon Heck we all know what direction Drudge leans.

He admits it freely, unlike Sulzberger.

And Palin and Hannity and Savage.

And Herbert and Rich and Dowd.

Let's not pretend that the NYT is centerist.

You're embarrassing yourself in the way you love to admonish everyone else.

If you over report stories that embarass the republicans and under report those that could tarnish the dems you're probably more insidious than a site that tells you right up fronnt where they are.

And you can do it withoput ever publising an actual lie.

WSS

Fox News' news segments aren't slanted either? Megyn Kelly is just telling it like it is? She runs their news desk from 1-3 in the afternoon. That's straight news reporting? Wow. you really don't get it, do you?

The point of the whole network - the reason the network was founded, for Christ's sake - was to provide conservative news/Republican Party talking points from morning to night, whether it's news show or an opinion show or a morning show or a late night "comedy" show.

Do you not know who Roger Ailes is and what he does?

MSNBC is now that for the left. CNN is not, and has never been designed the same way as Fox News. And the New York Times is about as straight in their news coverage as you're going to find. It's the gold standard for print journalism.

As for Drudge, you said the headlines at the NYT were slanted just like the ones on Drudge. I don't see how you make that argument. It's beyond ridiculous. I can't imagine anyone else making it.

Find out who John Burns and Dexter Filkins are. Find out who David Barstow and Dana Priest are. Their columns make up the newspapers. That's what we call "journalism."

Then tell me who their equivalent is over at Fox News. Who does that type of work? Anyone?

Fox News' news segments aren't slanted either? Megyn Kelly is just telling it like it is? She runs their news desk from 1-3 in the afternoon. That's straight news reporting? Wow. you really don't get it, do you?

The point of the whole network - the reason the network was founded, for Christ's sake - was to provide conservative news/Republican Party talking points from morning to night, whether it's news show or an opinion show or a morning show or a late night "comedy" show.

MSNBC is now that for the left. CNN is not, and has never been designed the same way as Fox News. And the New York Times is about as straight in their news coverage as you're going to find. It's the gold standard for print journalism.

As for Drudge, you said the headlines at the NYT were slanted just like the ones on Drudge. I don't see how you make that argument. It's beyond ridiculous. I can't imagine anyone else making it.

Find out who John Burns and Dexter Filkins are. Find out who David Barstow and Dana Priest are. Their columns make up the newspapers. That's what we call "journalism."

Then tell me who their equivalent is over at Fox News. Who does that type of work? Anyone?

heck what are you doing? Cal is never going to agree with you regardless of logic, Steve is going to be well Steve.

The NY times is a anathema to most conservatives as well as right wingers...... they label intelligent journalism as liberal...... It really does not matter heck stop driving yourself nuts

I think the last couple of nuts lost their bolts.

End of liberal cover-up for Obamao and Peloi and Reid, etc etc.

End of story.

"Whaaaaa-a-a-a-a."

"yawn".

"ha ha".

Fox News counterpart is CNN.

Their straight news is as slanted as Fox.

Thd Turner and Punch Sulzberger are easily as idealogical as Ailes if not more.

MSNBC really is a joke.

Hell they spend more time bellyaching about Fox than anything else.

Murdoch sells news to either side.

No one says the Drudge Report and the NYT are exact equals.

That's an argument you made up to fight against.

And the NYT is slanted to the left by design.

It's their sales demnographic.

WSS

Archived