THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Monday April 5

The Gipper

Here are this week's survey questions:

1. The Eagles traded Donovan McNabb to the Redskins. Who do you think will be the better QB this fall: McNabb or Jake Delhomme?

2. Do you own a gun? What kind? And if it is a handgun do you nonchalantly carry it around like Sean Rogers?

3. Today is Baseball Opening day. Might as well get it over with: Who do you think will win the World Series?

4. The Masters starts this week. Will Tiger win it, if not who will?

5. Let this question also serve as a dual Public Service Announcement:

A. Did you mail in your Census Form?

B. Did you get your taxes done? If not, you got 10 days. If you did, how did you make out?

1. The Eagles traded Donovan McNabb to the Redskins. Who do you think will be the better QB this fall: McNabb or Jake Delhomme?

I believe McNabb, for some reason, was always kind of overlooked or under-rated.

However, I'm not sure how to answer your question. Both guys are going to pretty bad teams. McNabb will likely be under the microscope more given the Skins' owner and Shanny.

Delhomme doesn't necessarily need to put up big numbers to be effective. In his 'caretaker' role, there are multiple facets of his contributions.

Much more pressure and limelight on McNabb.[/color]

2. Do you own a gun? What kind? And if it is a handgun do you nonchalantly carry it around like Sean Rogers?

Never owned one. However, I support the Second Admendment to the Constitution.

3. Today is Baseball Opening day. Might as well get it over with: Who do you think will win the World Series?

Boston Red Sox (more of a hope than an expectation).

How about Seattle as a Sleeper????

Couldn't care less about this or any other golf event.

Yes. I supplied the mandatory information.

BTW, does anybody remember such Marketing efforts about this census. I don't but 10 years is a long time for me to remember.

B. Did you get your taxes done? If not, you got 10 days. If you did, how did you make out?

Technically, I got 'too much back'. That being said, I was happy to get it.

I also overlooked the $800 credit for working folks. However, the IRS was kind enough to put the incrmemental $800 in my check with the directions that completing a Form M (?) will be necessary next year, if I hope to get this credit.

McNabb sorry to say.

Absolutely not.

Indians! But seriously...the Devil Rays

Tiger or Jack as usual.

A. Did you mail in your Census Form? Not yet

I got $20...woohoo

I will answer my own questions:

Based on past success and age, you would think it would be McNabb. He is at least 2 years younger, and has has 5 NFC title game appearances, and one SB appearance. Delhomme had an SB appearance, and at least one other NFC title game appearance. But logically, the choice should be McNabb.

That is why I am saying DelHomme will have the better year.

The only guns we have are "heirlooms" and they are both rifles. And I don't even know the make. My rifle may be a Mauser, or a Luger, or a Hammlicher or such. My Dad "liberated" it during WWII. It has the Nazi insignias and everything on there. The only significant markings I see say "byf 44". I don't know if that is the caliber or what. And I don't have any ammunition for it. My wife has an heirloom gun that is either a Tennessee or a Kentucky long rifle. Don't know anything else about it. I don't even know where she keeps it.

WTF: The Chicago Cubs. (they are supposed to be a good team). And they will play the Seattle Mariners. Cliff Lee will take that team to its first WS.

It will not be Tiger. Too rusty. My best bet: Ernie Els. He is playing lights out right now. (I don't follow the tour that much except the majors, but I do see the results on Sportscenter and from that I know Els is doing well.)

Yes, we did

I got them done. Do the words Frak You mean anything? I need a gawdam loan. My problem was that I paid off too much non-deductible debt. You can never win. You pay off your debt, but then a big pile of that money probably should have gone to the taxman.

All tax free gifts are acceptable if you wish to contribute.

I read somewere when Shanahan took over in Denver Elway was 34 and couldnt win the big one. Now he's in Washington and Mcnabb's 33 and cant win the big one, So im going with Mcnabb

Yes, Shootgun and Muzzleloader. Only when Im hunting

Yankees

No, I'm gonna go with Jim Furyk

A. Did you mail in your Census Form? No

B. Did you get your taxes done? If not, you got 10 days. If you did, how did you make out? federal still have to do state

McNabb by FAAAAAAAAR.

No, but if I did I would keep it loaded with the safety off in my waistband to make me feel like a tough guy.

Anyone but the Yankees or Red Sox please.

Tiger takes the green jacket.

woods.jpg

A. Did you mail in your Census Form? yes

B. Did you get your taxes done? If not, you got 10 days. If you did, how did you make out? got reamed

McNabb, easily. Delhomme has been good in the past but McNabb is a top 10 QB.

Nope. Been thinking about getting one though.

Any team but the Yankees, if there is a God.

Don't care about golf whatsoever

A. Yes B. Not yet.

McNabb

I own several. And treat them with the respect they deserve, which means I don't carry them around nonchalantly.

Los Angeles Angels.

Don't care.

Yes.

I owe, so It will be mailed 4/15/10.

1. Delhomme

2. I own a WWII Japanese rifle. It's been cleaned and lubricated and is probably functional but I don't have ammunition for it.

3. I love baseball but don't have a pick for the Series. If it's not the Tribe, anyone but the Yankees will suit me just fine.

4. I don't think Tiger will win it but I don't have another guess as to who will. FYI, if you've never been to the Masters, it is well worth the effort to experience a fantastic event. It's a sensory paradise.

5. A. My Census for is ready but I inadvertantly left it on my desk when I left for Easter break. I wasn't prepared to unlock a gate, a building, and my office, turn an alarm off and reverse the process just to retrieve it so the form will drop into the mail tomorrow. B. I usually have to pay a small amount to the Feds and get a little back from the State. I expect it to be the same this year. I have someone preparing the forms for me so I don't know the final numbers.

McNabb

Yes....several

Braves

No....Mickelson

A. Did you mail in your Census Form? Y

B. Did you get your taxes done? If not, you got 10 days. If you did, how did you make out? Yes....as usual I have to write a check to keep food on someone elses table

The more I think about it....I wonder what that can't be deemed a charitable contribution??

McNabb

No

Other than the tribe I'm pulling for Seattle. I think they have a good shot this year too. I don't understand why the Phillies would want to trade A guy that went 4-0 in the playoffs with TWO WS WINS.

No. How about Rory Sabbatini

A. Did you mail in your Census Form? Yes

B. Did you get your taxes done? If not, you got 10 days. If you did, how did you make out? Yes, I get an $11,000 refund thanks in large part to the first time home buyer plan.

Browns are on an upswing and should prop up Delhomme though he's probably not as good as McNabb.

Yes.

A Browning Hi Piwer .9 mm.

And an Iver Johnson sealed 8 .22.

I doid once a long time ago and it was a stupid thing to do.

Cleveland Indians in 7 games over the Chicago Cubs.

No. Somebody else will.

And I'm tired of the Tiger.

Yes. People are stupid to be paranoid about it.

Not yet. I usually file for an extension out of laziness.

WSS

Cleveland Indians in 7 games over the Chicago Cubs.

As a Cleveland transplant to Chicago, that scenario would be effing epic for me. I hope you are right WSS.

McNabb

No

Texas Rangers

Tiger

yes

No, I owe money so i always wait til last minute.

Archived