THE BROWNS BOARD

Bulger released

CLEVELandMILIDH

From Twitter

Adam_Schefter

Paging Arizona: The St. Louis Rams have released QB Marc Bulger, the team announced today

Looks like Bradfords a lock

From Pro Football Talk

Rams release Marc Bulger

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 5, 2010 3:46 PM ET

'Tis the season for unloading expensive veteran quarterbacks.

The Rams announced the release of quarterback Marc Bulger Monday on his 33rd birthday, ending an eight-year run with the team that began brilliantly but fell apart the last three seasons.

The decline of the Rams' franchise can be traced in Bulger's W/L loss record. His first three years he went 26-10 in starts. His last three years: 5-32.

Bulger was scheduled to make $8.5 million in 2010 and was never expected to remain with the team. We're trying to figure out why they dumped him now instead of one week ago or after the draft.

Arizona was believed to have interest in Bulger previously, but appear fully stocked at quarterback now.

I don't think it's fair to say that the Rams started losing when Bulger started playing poorly. He had no receivers. He had no offensive line and he was on his backside a ton. Not to mention that their defense has been horrible. He will be a Steeler.

I don't think it's fair to say that the Rams started losing when Bulger started playing poorly. He had no receivers. He had no offensive line and he was on his backside a ton. Not to mention that their defense has been horrible. He will be a Steeler.

I wont be surprised to see Eagles pick him up; they need a vet now that McNabb is gone.

I couldn't agree more. He will be a Steeler. With Big Ben facing possible suspension that just leaves Pittsburgh with Batch. Ans while he has proven that he can play, Bulger is a better option.

Archived