THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft I'd Love

Solon16

E. Berry and Kareem Jackson 1&2, Gerhart or Dwyer, Selvish Capers, Gibson or Worilds in third....Kafka or Jarrett brown in fifth...then Best Of The rest!!!

You?

I like Capers as well.

E. Berry and Kareem Jackson 1&2, Gerhart or Dwyer, Selvish Capers, Gibson or Worilds in third....Kafka or Jarrett brown in fifth...then Best Of The rest!!!

You?

I can't shake my feeling Berry is heading to KC so I'm going with BPA

Rd 1: RB CJ Spiller, Clemson - Forget the 1200 yards rushing in the absence of 1 olineman capable of starting at the NFL level. He had over 500 yards receiving in 2009 and runs in the 4.3s which will BURY that mother phucking blitz the Sodderheads have been able to use ad nauseum for the extended length of time we chose to be BIG and slow at RB. Aside from that - he had 8 kick returns for TDs in his career at Clemson. Best sign of a special player? How about an ACC Championship performance of 4 TDs and 233 yards rushing vrs a defense that has 3-4 defenders projected to be drafted in the first 2 rounds. Can even put him in the slot a la Percy Harvin. Remember when I wanted THAT guy if we went offense first in 2009? Offensive Rookie of the Year is quite an immediate impact. SPEED works in this league. This pick doesn't mean I have to stop LIKING Harrison at all. There's ways to have them both on the field at the same time and there's ways to resemble the modern thinking of how to utlize more thna 1 good back as done in the Big Easy or in Carolina.

Rd 2: QB Colt McCoy, Texas- If you want to bet on a winning horse how does 10-3, 10-3, 12-1 and 13-1 sound? Add in a 4 year comp % of over 70. Then you look at the TD to INT ratio and come up with 112 TDs 45 INT plus another 20 rushing TDs.

Rd 3: S Chad Jones, LSU - (also a relief pitcher on the Nat'l Champion baseball team charged bunts and ran the guys down on the 1st base line) - if you ever want to a Safety WIN a football game. He made EVERY defensive play in a goal line stand vrs Miss State and returned a punt for a TD same game. Plays WAY faster than Taylor Mays because he's instinctive and Maysis not)

Rd 3: RT Sam Young, ND or Ciron Black, LSU - Both kids offer immediate help in the running game and the right side ensures they don't face the best pass rusher on the opponent.

Rd 3: WR Riley Cooper, UF - HUGE 6'3" target that avergaed 18.8 yards a catch, had 961 yds receiving and scored 9 TDs as a senior. He's not exactly Slow White either.

After that - it's a crapshoot...

- Tom F.

Interesting but why get Gerhart when we picked up Hillis. I was a fan of Gerhart as well but since we picked up Hillis I think we can rule out Gerhart.

Hillis blocking for dwyer or gerhart.....short yardage...is my reasoning , not to mention hillis' knee surgery...we don't know he's fully healthy or will remain healthy. Both dwyer and gerhart are 230+ I like me a big short yardage back in cleveland late october,November and December. Just my two cents....I would love to get either dwyer or gerhart....and would love Worilds or gibson....as far as selvish capers goes....best rookie versatile RT to groom(whoever that may be)....we haven't groomed one since we came back in 99'... I don't count sowells...cause he sucked

Gibson is a nice player. He will be perfect for some 3/4 team and plays a lot looser with better hips than Gholston. The only comparisons were that they are both from OSU. Gholston was a workout warrior who had his stock elevated from his game against Jake Long.

whats the fascination with gibson? most comparisons ive heard are to gholston....which isn't good.

I think Gibson or worilds will be good 3-4 OLB's...to me it seems we have a bunch of JAG's at that spot...= just a guy.

Archived